Zuiderdam b2b 8/7 to 8/21 THE REVIEW! (Long)

Ziggy7

Ziggy7, thanks for a wonderful review of your b2b cruise! Congratulations on your first cruise and I'm pleased to hear that you had a great experience. I pray things go well for your hubby and that you enjoy your next cruise!

Thanks revneal,

I had to laugh a few times during our cruise, remembering the "Blenders" post. I even sat and day dreamed some of the visions from that post in the Lido pool area! hehehe I'm not telling which ones either LOL. But trust me you where all there with us in spirt! We had no idea just how funny some of that stuff was until we were there and seeing it happen. One guy was at the front office asking if they had repairman who could fix his blender! Hubby and I got out of the short line and laughed all the way back to our cabin, we stayed there til we could go back to the front desk without breaking out laughing!

Thanks very much for your prayers too!

Thanks so much for your review. And, even more so, because it was positive. I am going on the Z in November and was becoming very apprehensive about it. You detailed both good and bad circumstances, but were positive overall in both your assessment and opinion.

We're 7 cabins up from the elevator so I don't think we'll have that same problem with the lights. I purposely went up a few because on these boards some had said that people on the elevators could see into the first couple of cabins....well not "into" but onto the verandahs. I sleep with the curtains open also because I don't like a real dark cabin. We also open the door a little. On the Maasdam, I jammed the ice bucket in so I could listen to the water swishing by. Hmmmmmmm....love just the thought of it!

It is real nice to look straight down but because we like to be midships ('cause that way we're always half way to wherever we're going:) ), we've looked down on the lifeboats before. Doesn't really bother me a whole lot.

Now that I look at it I can see your first cabin does look just a little bit shorter but not narrower. Oh well, as you say they're really nice cabins and I'm fine with it. Just put me almost anywhere and I won't complain:rolleyes: !!

So it really is true.....only one item at dinner? I have used cruises to try some different things knowing if I didn't like it, there was a back up. Actually, guess I never had to take them up on the offer of the back up, but it was nice thinking it was available.

Yes, its true unless you ate at the late seatings, this was only applied to the early seatings. We had friends who ate at the late seating and had as much as they wanted of everything that they had left.

Thanks for your wonderful review, Ziggy. What a great job you did of really sharing lots of information.

Thank you for mentioning who was Captain. We sailed with your Captain last summer and he was great IMO Hope he is still aboard when we go to Zuiderdam in October.

Welcome Back. Happy you had a good cruise.

I purposely went up a few because on these boards some had said that people on the elevators could see into the first couple of cabins....well not "into" but onto the verandahs.

Actually we went on the elevator and could not see into any verandah except the first one, only thing you could see on the others were if pax were standing at the rail.

I purchased a windsock spinning thing to hang from our verandah while we were in port so we could see our cabin as we passed in boats or from shore, I't worked great!

Yes, its true unless you ate at the late seatings, this was only applied to the early seatings. We had friends who ate at the late seating and had as much as they wanted of everything that they had left.

I had also read from another poster who mentioned they were running out of various entrees for the 8:30 pm seating. This post was back when the split times were first implemented, if I remember correctly. We will be at second (Main) seating on both our upcoming cruises, so it won't affect us.

I am glad to hear they are looking out for those who are eating late - but I'm not convinced this is the correct solution... just my thoughts.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I enjoyed it. :)

Ziggy,

What a great review!! Good Job!! We (Lisa and I) are looking VERY forward to our Sept. 25 cruise. 1st one for us as well!! I absolutely LOVED your idea about the wind sock!! How did you come up with it? Hope you don't mind but I may follow your lead with it. "imitation is the best form of flattery". I believe that's how the quote goes. Feel free to correct me on that though! Someday I hope to be able to be away from home long enough for a back to back cruise! I was actually thinking about bringing on some of my (famous for me) hanging lights but was afraid that I would be breaking a "rule" and have opted not to. I just love the ambiance of those lights! Thanks again for the wonderful review! Chef Nancy:) :)

Thanks Heather!!

I appreciate the correction....I actually remembered it when I read your post but I seem to lose all intelligence and common sense when I'm reading about people who have or are cruising!! It's almost like being drunk or on a drug!! thanks again! Chef Nancy:o :) :p

Ziggy,

What a great review!! Good Job!! We (Lisa and I) are looking VERY forward to our Sept. 25 cruise. 1st one for us as well!! I absolutely LOVED your idea about the wind sock!! How did you come up with it? Hope you don't mind but I may follow your lead with it. "imitation is the best form of flattery". I believe that's how the quote goes. Feel free to correct me on that though! Someday I hope to be able to be away from home long enough for a back to back cruise! I was actually thinking about bringing on some of my (famous for me) hanging lights but was afraid that I would be breaking a "rule" and have opted not to. I just love the ambiance of those lights! Thanks again for the wonderful review! Chef Nancy:) :)

Thank You for your kind words, I was in Key West and saw the hanging spinning thingy and it just popped into my head to get it, it was only 3 dollars. I'm sure there have been many others who did this or something like it, so go for it! We were also never told we couldnt hang lights but attaching them to the banister might be a problem, there is only one small slit in the glass between the banister to run a small string thru. However I say, you want it ??? GO FOR IT !!!!

Ziggy, forgive me if this has been asked. I have read thru the threads and did not see anything about this.

Did they keep you well informed about the Hurricanes? Did the Captain make lots of annoucements about the weather and hurricanes? How did the agenda change if any? Did you run into any rough seas?

Thanks

One guy was at the front office asking if they had repairman who could fix his blender! Hubby and I got out of the short line and laughed all the way back to our cabin, we stayed there til we could go back to the front desk without breaking out laughing!

FOFLMHO ... I wouldn't have been able to contain myself either. I'm so glad you could experience the humor, and thanks so much for taking us "in spirit."

By the way ... was that fellow our friends superstein61, perchance?? ;) no ... couldn't have been. That wasn't the right cruise. Perhaps a kindred spirit of his!!!!! :D

Ziggy, forgive me if this has been asked. I have read thru the threads and did not see anything about this.

Did they keep you well informed about the Hurricanes? Did the Captain make lots of annoucements about the weather and hurricanes? How did the agenda change if any? Did you run into any rough seas?

Thanks

LAFFNVEGAS,

Actually after the Captain made the announcement that he was altering our course due to a hurricane called Charley, and that they were taking us to the Bahamas, Nassau that would be completely out of Charleys path, we did not hear much more about it, unless we watched it on tv. We never had rough seas as we out ran Charley, alot of us were saying, what hurricane ??? We were very impressed with the captain, he explained at what great pains he went to to try and have the best but safest results for us, also after that the ship staff went into over drive to set up new excursions for us in Nassau. We did have rough seas in Nassau due to another tropical storm but it was not very bad at all.

FOFLMHO ... I wouldn't have been able to contain myself either. I'm so glad you could experience the humor, and thanks so much for taking us "in spirit."

By the way ... was that fellow our friends superstein61, perchance?? ;) no ... couldn't have been. That wasn't the right cruise. Perhaps a kindred spirit of his!!!!! :D

Yes revneal, I think it was superstein61, maybe his twin hehehehe. Oh well, it was great fun and as newbies we would not have even thought twice about it had it not been for the Blender discussion :)

Ziggy, thank you so much for such a wonderful, imformative review. I am so glad you enjoyed your first cruises. Could you tell me who was playing in the lounges? the Ocean bar, the Crows nest, the Explorer and the Piano bar? again, thank you.....jean :cool:

Ziggy, thank you so much for such a wonderful, imformative review. I am so glad you enjoyed your first cruises. Could you tell me who was playing in the lounges? the Ocean bar, the Crows nest, the Explorer and the Piano bar? again, thank you.....jean :cool:

Not off hand but I will look thru my papers and try and get you those answers :)

Ziggy, question for you. I sent your rave review of the cabanas to my friend who's coming with us and she got the impression you had the Butler Package. I thought you did not. Could you let me know? Thanks!:D

See your other post :) no we did not :) You are going to have a wonderful time!

Archived