Questions About The Buffet

stefie67

You are not alone, susiesan –

We don’t care about lobster night, but we absolutely must know who the CD is before we book. Just kidding. To us he/she must be just about the least important person on the ship. We can entertain ourselves (and each other) quite nicely, thank you.

No flaming, please, guys. If the CD is important to you, that’s fine with us.

What is it about cruises and lobsters? On all of the boards here people get obsessed with lobster night. Am I the only one who doesn't take a cruise based on the serving or not of lobsters?

I don't eat Lobster either, so I don't get excited about it. The reason people talk about it is that many people cannot afford lobster often and/or their local restaurants don't have the opportunity to get fresh lobster and/or skill to prepare it properly. Also this is a unique situation in that you can request seconds (and thirds) of this entree, if you would like, something that doesn't happen 'back home'

So that, it a nutshell (or lobster shell), is why you see so much reference to lobsters!

Happy sailing.

nlvc

I do enjoy Lobster and usually order more than one, BUT I don't select or take a cruise based on having lobster.

I prefer Maine lobster over the caribbean ones they usually have on a ship but still lobster is lobster and taste good

Lobster is expensive when ordered in a resturant so when most people can get free and as much as they want it is something to talk about

I also like Esgargot which can also be very expensive but once again it is not considered when selecting a cruise

Also, is it correct (as I read elsewhere in a review) that the buffet (Breezas) has lobster tail on Thur night? What other seafood?

That is correct. When we went to get some sushi at 6:00P we saw lobster tails. Many including my DH had lobster tail and sushi. We ate dinner later on that night at Prime C.

Mari:)

Don't forget, it's not only seconds or thirds that are allowed. You can order more than one of any of the courses, including entrees!!!

I was on Journey to Bermuda 7/7-7/14 and on Thursday in Discoveries I made my own version of surf & turf....I ordered the lobster tail AND the rack of lamb. I love lamb and as the only one in my household that does we don't have it that often. The lamb was EXCELLENT!!! I actually enjoyed it more than the lobster. Next to the dinners in Aqualina and Prime C, this was my favorite!!!

Rich

Archived