Current concierges?

fflady

Unless something happened I am quite sure Ricardo is on vacation and Allan will be in the CL until his return.

Someone said that Ricardo he is going to have knee surgery (or had knee surgery) and was moving slow. They just got off the Oasis. Thanks for letting us know.

Someone said that Ricardo he is going to have knee surgery (or had knee surgery) and was moving slow. They just got off the Oasis. Thanks for letting us know.

He messed it up really bad. If he has not had it he will be having it real soon. I am quite sure he was having it in Miami then heading home for vacation and recovery.

Hi guys!

I was the one who mentioned Ricardo in my extremely long review of Oasis from 6/11-6/18.

Ricardo told me that he would be having the surgery on June 21. I so hope he gets time off to heal properly because he was so miserable that week. He was still wonderful but you could tell he was hurting and I didn't see him our last two days onboard. Natalia was hustling trying to get it all done. What a wonderful duo, they were our best yet!

On my extended shore excursion...

Liz

I know, I wish Israel would transfer over. Actually - I have a long list of crew from Voyager that I wish would switch ships. Maybe with Voyager being deployed to Australia/China in 2012, some will start moving around. I believe they do re-deploy a lot of Caribbean staffers when going to Asia because they need crew that speak Chinese.

Legend has a ton of Chinese crew...all seemed very nice, those with whom we interacted were great...the rest we only mety via a howdy...ok a hello in the passageways. That would lend itself to moving Voyager crew off the ship, but that would be after the Mariner is here for a season first.

• 2 weeks later...

Received this from Reyno and it seems appropriate to share w/CC family members, so here goes.

=====================================================

Greetings from the All New Radiance:

Good evening all my RCI and CC family members

I thought it appropriate to write or better put, open a bit of my diary (and please share with all others) on the first day of my last cruise from on board this magnificently revamped vessel called the Radiance before returning to the EN.

As many of you know that the Radiance was my first ship to work on.

Now let me tell you that your first ship is like an first love, its the "first time" experiences that you will always remember while on and off a ship. The first boat drill, the first boss, the first guest interaction, the first foreign port you sail into and off course the first ship family you make, guest or crew.....

Over the past weeks that I have been on the Radiance I have had so many emails filled with questions from so many many RCI friends about the changes and progress of the RD. I did try and answer as many as I could and for those I could not get to, remember I was father of a brand new "baby" the Diamond Lounge... and although not as demanding as opening the Oasis, this smaller sister lounge still asked for much attention nevertheless.

I am happy to say that "she" the All New Diamond Lounge on the All New Radiance is open, up and running and hungry to welcome our loyal friends....with a FANTASTIC VIEW to support her.

As for the rest of the ship, culinary speaking, the Radiance now comes from the shadow of the Oasis and offers many splendid restaurants of which I cannot decide on a favourite...still. I have tried so many of them already on the Oasis, but it is clear that with our F&B team on the Radiance, who is well oiled and working with "German" precision that you will suffer from the same dilemma as me... not being able to identify a favourite.

Note to all future Radiance Cruisers: COME HUNGRY.

Samba will throw you straight into Brazil with a wicked Caipirinha to add to the South American flavor, Chops still the best steak on the seven Seas and Giovanni's which is good for everything they serve... widest selection and all of it on the menu cooked to perfection. Also take note that there is Izumi that will blow your Asian gastronomical expectations and Ritas.... Mamma Magnifico Mexico!!

Last but not least, I need to let you all know the biggest surprise I did experience was the Chefs Table, having experienced it on the Oasis I did not really know what to expect on a smaller class ship....well I now am a strong believer that bigger is NOT necessarily better...as with the Oasis, it was something from another world, food, wine and service mixed into a sublime culinary experience not to be forgotten.

There is many other great enhancements to my "mother" ship like the interactive TV system that's just saved you from leaving your stateroom ever for anything from room service to excursions and digital signage around every corner that will bedazzle you with Oasis class technology.

As I am now standing at the start of my last cruise on our All New Radiance, it gives me great joy to announce that an Star is Reborn!!!

What I would have give to be on her in Australia, as we welcome or RCI brothers and sisters from Down Under.

Keeping in mind that the Radiance is not refered to as the friendliest ship for nothing, so please assure those who has booked and those who are thinking to do so to go ahead as this is again prove of RCI pushing the envelope to the next leading level in the cruise industry.

Much love from Alaska.

Reyno Varkevisser

Concierge

Would you mind sharing - what questions or inquiries do you ask the Conceirge for before you sail. Going to be sailing in a GS with parents in an adjacent GS, just wondering?

If you have a special diet, or are celebrating something, or need help planning a party or special event, or would like help making reservations at a specialty restaurant or the spa...all the things that a hotel concierge can assist with. If you are going to Labadee and would like to rent a cabana for the day -- these are just some of the things they help with.

Most of the concierges send an email 1-2 weeks prior to sailing and explain their duties and capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

I am told that Maritza has left RCI. :confused:

Apparently she is working for a Hollywood A-List actor/family as an assistant. Let's hope this is short lived. Her talents are far better served to the many in this cruise community as opposed to selfish Hollywood industry types that don't appreciate and will break her spirit.

Wes Miller

to selfish Hollywood industry types that don't appreciate and will break her spirit.

Uhhhh.....while your stereotype is applicable to many in the business, it is NOT applicable to all. I happen to have crossed paths with many kind and appreciative "Hollywood industry types" - many treat their assistants very well and they make good salaries.

Not everyone who works in the film industry breaks people's spirits. Geez.

I am told that Maritza has left RCI. :confused:

Apparently she is working for a Hollywood A-List actor/family as an assistant. Let's hope this is short lived. Her talents are far better served to the many in this cruise community as opposed to selfish Hollywood industry types that don't appreciate and will break her spirit.

Wes Miller

And just how do you know how they treat her?

It seems everyone loves Maritza but she should do what is best for her, not us.

Would love to see her return but if she's not happy, then maybe her future is not with RCL

Excerpt from an email I got from dear Maritza March 24:

"I was truly not planning on leaving, because I love all the crew & our loyal guests so much.

I will miss them lots!

I received the most amazing opportunity that only comes around once in a lifetime.

This company offered to pay for best training in the motion picture industry I can get.

They are paying for my training, transportation, absolutely everything & I still get paid on top of that ;)

Who knows, I might be back one day ;)"

Excerpt from an email I got from dear Maritza March 24:

"I was truly not planning on leaving, because I love all the crew & our loyal guests so much.

I will miss them lots!

I received the most amazing opportunity that only comes around once in a lifetime.

This company offered to pay for best training in the motion picture industry I can get.

They are paying for my training, transportation, absolutely everything & I still get paid on top of that ;)

Who knows, I might be back one day ;)"

Just got a similar email from Maritza. She seems real happy with what she is doing. Of course, whoever Maritza works for is getting a real GEM. She is a great person and hard worker.

hi. Does anyone know the email address (and name ideally) of the concierge on adventure? we are sailing on 13th- so far most suites are unsold which is interesting.

ad_concierge@rccl.com and that is with an underscore between ad and concierge.

I read that Dee Dee is no longer the concierge, If that is true, I don't know who the concierge is now.

Gina

Archived