Jewel Surprises

toothy26

I was on the Serenade last year and enjoyed having my own scavenger hunt based on Cruise Critic Members comments. For example, My husband ,son, and I had the best time looking for the "Cows". We will be going on the Jewel in March and I was wondering if there are any things I should be searching for on this ship?

I was on the Serenade last year and enjoyed having my own scavenger hunt based on Cruise Critic Members comments. For example, My husband ,son, and I had the best time looking for the "Cows". We will be going on the Jewel in March and I was wondering if there are any things I should be searching for on this ship?

I would also like to read about "must sees" on the Jewel. DH and I will be on the Jewel the end of March.

I second the vote on the crepes. I had mine with butterscotch and almonds. Mmmmmm.....

I was so disappointed when I went to the solarium on the Serenade to get a crepe and found out they didn't serve them on that ship. Saved me a few calories but still......

This is terrible I am going to be on the Jewel for 12 days and I LOVE crepes. It was my only craving when I was pregnant. I think I am going to have to start dieting now.

My one thing on the crepes is that the sweet ones are much better than the savory ones because to me the cheese just wasn't that good.

Also, they are slightly thicker than most crepes - still good, but don't expect a really thin crepe and be disappointed.

Ok, not sure what deck this was on, but there is a picture in one of the hallways that when you walk one way you saw a fall scene and when you walked the other way it was a winter scene. Comme Ca

PIC00119.jpg.59cf7b0ab9c88306e40b617deb47acc2.jpg

PIC00120.jpg.98b1dec88a0ec11e985edbd2bab82f08.jpg

Find the giraffes.

Find the Kitty soaking it's toes in the water.

Where are the elephants?

Find the Marlin on the wall.

Here's a hard one to find. There is a hallway on the Jewel that for some reason is miss matched and when you walk along it and come to the bump you always trip over it. At least my DW always did. LOL Good luck!

Hopefully that will keep you busy for a while and have fun exploring the ship. Sorry I just can't remember what up on the 13th deck behind the elevators.

My one thing on the crepes is that the sweet ones are much better than the savory ones because to me the cheese just wasn't that good.

Also, they are slightly thicker than most crepes - still good, but don't expect a really thin crepe and be disappointed.

Some days the crepes were better than others...all depends on the crepe maker. Some people have the touch.

The Jewel is a wonderful ship....I love the size, love the glass everywhere, loved the floor to ceiling windows in the CL.....and the covered solarium is really beautiful.... loved everything about it.

Hey Wrona, no Brilliance has a surprise too on deck 13 behind the elevators.

I guess I wasn't paying attention on either of those ships (or was too drunk to notice;)). They definitely didn't make an impression the way Serenade did.

Serenade is the only ship where there's something really special up on deck 13 behind the elevators.

Nope, Jewel has something, too. I think there are 4 Flamingos....if I recall that are 'dressed up.' Another cool thing that I found on our last night the first time on the Jewel. Go to the elevators in the Centrum. There is an illumination the first day that says Welcome aboard the Jewel of the Seas in many languages. I think it gives the date. On the last night their is Bon Voyage.......Both were great to open a video of your vacation with, and to close on the last night.

Also, in the Crown and Anchor (I think) lounge there is a glass podium like thing you can stand on and look all 12 or 13 floors down in the centrum.

Here's a hard one to find. There is a hallway on the Jewel that for some reason is miss matched and when you walk along it and come to the bump you always trip over it. At least my DW always did.

I remember that bump. I also tripped over it everytime going back to our cabin last February. Deck 7, starboard side, forward, I believe.

Also, in the Crown and Anchor (I think) lounge there is a glass podium like thing you can stand on and look all 12 or 13 floors down in the centrum.

That is quite a sight. If you stood on it you were MUCH braver than I. :eek: :eek: It was really neat to look thru it all the way down the centrum. You can take some really wonderful photos there too.

That is quite a sight. If you stood on it you were MUCH braver than I. :eek: :eek: It was really neat to look thru it all the way down the centrum. You can take some really wonderful photos there too.

I couldn't do it either. My husband had no problem and got some great pictures. My knees still get weak just thinking about it.:o

Archived