Baked beans for breakfast?

sugarsparkles

British breakfast:

bristol%20british%20breakfast.jpg

no sausage or black pudding on this one...and what is that muffin doing?...but spot the portion of baked beans...beans in tomato sauce ( no pork in "our" baked beans) - but magnificent!

no HP sauce either... what is the world coming to?

Here is the label from the best baked beans in the world ( you don't know what you are missing!!

heinz_baked_beans_33p.jpg

French breakfast:

istockphoto_2770488_french_breakfast_at_a_parisian_cafe.jpg

c'est pathetique!

Typical American Breakfast ( I found this on google....)

577457674_e2b306a759.jpg

whipped butter what is that about?

My vote is with picture no 1!! (of course!)

regards,

BigD

I eat scrapple and pork roll for breakfast... Scrapple would probably make anyone who's not familiar with it gag! So I don't know why baked beans shocked me at first lol!

Yeah, I love scrapple, but I try not to think about it too much when I'm eating it! LOL!

Every one knows to use refried beans with chorizo, salsa and eggs rolled up in a breakfast burrito!! Or served on the side with Barbacoa, and of course, there is always Menudo the breakfast of champions!!

What I thought unusual in Scandinavia that is also on the cruise ships are the cold meats and cheeses for breakfast; that and does anyone ever eat pickled herring?

I love it, one of my favorites. My German Grandfather got me hooked on it many years ago. But I have to admit, I have never had it for breakfast.

OHHHH...they have eggs on pizza's in Italy...its not a British thing.

Now, lets get something straight....we British know how to breakfast properly. Black pudding is LOVELY. Baked beans are lovely. Kippers are lovely, and we have the best bacon ( with none of that maple syrup stuff...ye gawds!). All with a nice cup of tea ( none of that sissy iced "tea").

OK...my gloves are off. Grits v Black pudding? No contest...

BigD

I will you give you that, your bacon is divine! You are right The Grits win every time! Yee haw especially the cheese grits yummy!

I don't believe I had the black pudding what exacly is it? Honestly I don't mind the English breakfast our American breakfast is so greasy.

I will you give you that, your bacon is divine! You are right The Grits win every time! Yee haw especially the cheese grits yummy!

I don't believe I had the black pudding what exacly is it? Honestly I don't mind the English breakfast our American breakfast is so greasy.

Here you go!!!

Black pudding or blood pudding is a sausage made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. Blood sausage is a more recent North American translation for the German moniker "Blutwurst". Blood Sausage has become a useful term for similar blood-based solid foods around the world.

Pig or cattle blood is most often used; sheep and goat blood are used to a lesser extent. Blood from poultry, horses and other animals are used more rarely. Typical fillers include meat, fat, suet, bread, barley and oatmeal.

What is scrapple?? :confused: :confused:

Cornmeal mush with "pork scraps." It's a Philadelphia-area product. I grew up in South Jersey; my mom and her family love it. I'm not a fan, but pork roll - that's another story! But it has to be Taylor's, not a generic brand. Our local supermarket carried it for a while, but I guess I was the only one buying - they doscontinued it.:( My favorite breakfast is fried pork roll on white bread. Probably just as well they don't sell it where I live - my cholesterol would probably be through the roof!

Cornmeal mush with "pork scraps." It's a Philadelphia-area product. I grew up in South Jersey; my mom and her family love it. I'm not a fan, but pork roll - that's another story! But it has to be Taylor's, not a generic brand. Our local supermarket carried it for a while, but I guess I was the only one buying - they doscontinued it.:( My favorite breakfast is fried pork roll on white bread. Probably just as well they don't sell it where I live - my cholesterol would probably be through the roof!

Scrapple, Pennsylvania Dutch food. ;) We have pork roll in our local grocery stores and at the Farmer's Markets, if you broil it and eat it on whole wheat bread it's health food - LOL.

Baked Beans for Breakfast

This was once tried on a U.S. Naval Ship out in the Indian ocean and it almost caused an international incident. Massive amounts of flatus vapors were seeping into the Ballistic Missile silos onboard the ship and all red alert systems were activated. Incoming farts were coming from everywhere. The ship was scuttled and evacuated and then sunked.

Fred

Ok I am in PA Dutch country and there is NO way I could stomach scrapple. ICK! :p

But we do have Chipped Ham. Bet you don't have chipped ham. ;)

Of course we have chipped ham! I'm only an hour and a half max away from you. Lebanon Bologna, Martin's Potato Rolls and Gibble Chip Country! :p

Y'all are crackin' me up!! I am glad some of these things aren't staples for breakfast here. But I am more than willing to try MOST foods at least once. The blood pudding thing is NOT going to happen! :eek:

I mean, I like shrimp, but not in my scrambled eggs... nobody understood why I thought this was weird, LOL But it actually wasn't half bad...

My all time favorite breakfast is served at a restaurant here in town. It is a Shrimp & Avocado Benedict. To die for! Ummmm think we need to head over there on Saturday for breakfast. Or maybe talk DH into going to work late tomorrow. :)

That's probably as outlandish as you are going to get here in California for breakfast. We try fun stuff like shrimp, avocado, artichokes... lots of produce stuff. Lots of mexican food... but I have to say I never noticed the baked beans on the cruises. I will have to look for them next time. :)

chipped ham??? Now what on earth is that???

Another dear South Jersey breakfast item is a hard roll with butter!!! Talk about yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!

Rebekah

Chipped ham is the same as sliced ham but it's cut paper-thin, almost see-through = mmmmmmmm. A hard roll with butter? Just goes to show, we all have our regional favorites. :D

Of course we have chipped ham! I'm only an hour and a half max away from you. Lebanon Bologna, Martin's Potato Rolls and Gibble Chip Country! :p

I almost forgot about Lebanon bologna - It's great fried on toast or a roll! When we were little, Lebanon bologna was one of my sister's food groups!:p

I almost forgot about Lebanon bologna - It's great fried on toast or a roll! When we were little, Lebanon bologna was one of my sister's food groups!:p

My in laws used to bring a cooler and stock up before driving back down to Florida when they came to visit. Said Florida didn't have the right kind.

Y'all are crackin' me up!! I am glad some of these things aren't staples for breakfast here. But I am more than willing to try MOST foods at least once. The blood pudding thing is NOT going to happen! :eek:

My all time favorite breakfast is served at a restaurant here in town. It is a Shrimp & Avocado Benedict. To die for! Ummmm think we need to head over there on Saturday for breakfast. Or maybe talk DH into going to work late tomorrow. :)

That's probably as outlandish as you are going to get here in California for breakfast. We try fun stuff like shrimp, avocado, artichokes... lots of produce stuff. Lots of mexican food... but I have to say I never noticed the baked beans on the cruises. I will have to look for them next time. :)

Oh I could eat shrimp or avocado morning noon and night!!! Although have never had them together with eggs, I bet it is delish!!!! There is a crab and avocado omelet here that I really like!!!

Archived