Krystal Hotel In Puerto Vallarta-no More Day Fees!

hommebronze

DH and I have had massages at Krystal several times. Here's the routine... as far as stripping down for the massages, the masseuse (always a female, if you're a female) leaves you alone to take off your clothes. Once you remove your clothes (I wear a bathing suit so I can use Krystal's pool afterward), you lay face down on the table and cover yourself with the sheet provided. It's a bed sheet, so quite ample to cover you from your neck down to your toes. Half-way through, you'll be asked to turn over on your back. The masseuse will hold the sheet above her face, so she can't see you. Once you're lying face up, you'll tell her she can lower the sheet. During the massage, the masseuse doesn't get anywhere near your private parts or stomach but does massage your back and backside. I can't imagine having a massage while wearing underware... it kind of defeats the purpose of a massage. Once the massage is over, the masseuse will leave the room, so you can dress leisurely.

We were there mid-October and each had the 75 minute massage and stayed by the pool afterward. The pool cabana guy finally let us use the pool towels but had we brought the ship towels, it would have been easier. And, mid-October, the massages were still in the large white tent at the edge of the beach. I asked for my massage to be in a hotel casita and my request was granted. DH used the tent and said it was fine.

Sandy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Those of you who have been, would you consider the Krystal to be a "kid friendly" place... we'd love to go hang out on the beach and use the pool.... but we are sailing with a 5 year old and a 2 year old....

Yes it's very kid friendly!

Those of you who have been, would you consider the Krystal to be a "kid friendly" place... we'd love to go hang out on the beach and use the pool.... but we are sailing with a 5 year old and a 2 year old....

Several kiddie pools and even a small playground near the main pool.

My family and I went to the Krystal and loved it!!!! I would highly recommend it, and it is very kid friendly. It is beautiful, the drinks are great, no vendors, and the massages are the best ever. Your kids would love it. they have a basketball and volleyball net with balls in the pool and there are plenty of people to join in. My kids had a blast. Someone had said that ship time is different in PV, that wasn't true on the cruise I just came from (Vision 1/27). Ship time was same in PV, but in Cabo it was different. Maybe it's different by cruise line???

C

If you are booking an appointment, remember that ship time is 1 hour behind Puerto Vallarta time. Example: 5pm ship time is 6pm PV time.

Ship excursions, and arrival and departure, is on ship time.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and our ship time WAS PV time. So just ask the ship to make sure what PV time is.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and our ship time WAS PV time. So just ask the ship to make sure what PV time is.

In November on the Golden Princess, there was a one-hour time difference. I've read on these boards that it's up to the captain if the ship will follow local time.

You're right, ask the ship to make sure what PV time is!

My family and I went to the Krystal and loved it!!!! I would highly recommend it, and it is very kid friendly. It is beautiful, the drinks are great, no vendors, and the massages are the best ever. Your kids would love it. they have a basketball and volleyball net with balls in the pool and there are plenty of people to join in. My kids had a blast. Someone had said that ship time is different in PV, that wasn't true on the cruise I just came from (Vision 1/27). Ship time was same in PV, but in Cabo it was different. Maybe it's different by cruise line???

C

Thanks for the feedback! Did you just walk down form the ship? Did they charge you to go in? Did you take towels from the ship? Questions, questions! :confused: Thanks so much!

Thanks for the feedback! Did you just walk down form the ship? Did they charge you to go in? Did you take towels from the ship? Questions, questions! :confused: Thanks so much!

Yes we did walk, it was about 10 or 15 minutes. No, they did not charge us, but I was told when I made the reservation to tell them we had a reservation and they would let us in. From what I understood from others there, they were not charged either. We did take towels from the ship. We ordered directly from the waiter walking around for drinks and food, but we only ordered chips and salsa, and it came very quickly. The bathrooms were clean, as was the hotel and grounds. We did get a quick tour when we got there, and it's huge and beautiful. we did not go on the beach, cause the vendors were all over the place, and it was nice not to be bothered at the pool. Besides, everything was there so there was no reason to leave the hotel grounds!! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

C

It's the best resort for kids - and even toddlers. There's a full playground with swings and climbing structures and a wonderful toddler pool My twins have been there at 13 months, 23 months and 3 years and we've had a great time every time.

best

Mia

I have now emailed Krystal's 2 times with no reply. I sent my 3rd email just a few minutes ago. I thought maybe my emails might be going into a spam account since it was with my aol addy. Did anyone else have this issue?

I was just there on 2/20. When I asked about using their facilities for the day the woman working said it would be 25 dollars a person, but we could put that towards food and drink. I told her I had to "think about it" and went ahead and walked down to the beach/pool area. We decided to stay there without going back and paying the 25 dollars. I noticed other people from our cruise ship and they walked up from the beach and did not pay. We spent money on food and drinks all day (we spent about 6 hours there). It was great and I would definately go there again. Very pretty a quick walk from the ship. It is interesting that others have reported going there for free, etc. A friend at work was there a few months ago and they charged her family 10 dollars a person.

I was just there on 2/20. When I asked about using their facilities for the day the woman working said it would be 25 dollars a person, but we could put that towards food and drink. I told her I had to "think about it" and went ahead and walked down to the beach/pool area. We decided to stay there without going back and paying the 25 dollars. I noticed other people from our cruise ship and they walked up from the beach and did not pay. We spent money on food and drinks all day (we spent about 6 hours there). It was great and I would definately go there again. Very pretty a quick walk from the ship. It is interesting that others have reported going there for free, etc. A friend at work was there a few months ago and they charged her family 10 dollars a person.

thanks,

thats the information i was looking for......

Sue

Archived