Dueling Pianos

Qtypie617

We did dueling pianos in March and May on Sovereign and had them for both cruises with PACKED audiences. Heard they were gone in June! :(

They were making a good amount of tips the nights we were there including $20 from us each night.

Hope RCL brings them back. We actually skipped going on Sovereign in August and went to Panama City Beach, FL for a long week-end in part because dueling pianos were not on the ship.:)

Shipshape Sam.

You really did not take a cruise because of a cancellation of a particular entertainment? Did you let RCCL know of this vacation decision? By the way – how did you know that your alternate vacation would include dueling pianos?

I did enjoy the dueling pianos but thought that the tipping had gotten a little out of hand. The musicians were talented and really engaged the audience.

Perhaps a notation on comment cards will bring dueling pianos back.

M

Shipshape Sam.

You really did not take a cruise because of a cancellation of a particular entertainment? Did you let RCCL know of this vacation decision? By the way – how did you know that your alternate vacation would include dueling pianos?

I did enjoy the dueling pianos but thought that the tipping had gotten a little out of hand. The musicians were talented and really engaged the audience.

Perhaps a notation on comment cards will bring dueling pianos back.

M

Yes we did decide to go to Panama City Beach, FL area vs a 3 day cruise on Sovereign in August and in part the decision was because Dueling Pianos is no longer part of the entertainment package offered. Will I sail on Sovereign again (before they ship her out?) maybe. We are considering sailing Sovereign in January 2008. I may go snow ski instead.

There was not a dueling pianos concept in PCB, FL that we attended. I just mention, that Dueling Pianos is not limited to cruise ships. I have enjoyed the concept in Las Vegas, NV

As to noting on comment card, you are correct, it could help, but in general cruise lines are 'dumbing down' many of the things I felt were the really neat things associated with cruising when we started in the late 90's.

Will I stop cruising, no, but I will not take as many cruises in the future I don't think.

Archived