single upgrade

earl_m

I got one upgrade from inside cabin to Oceanview (large window, not just a porthole). I was very, very happy.

You can't ASK for an upgrade, it's to the cruiseline to GIVE it to you. You must book a ''guarantee'' cabin in order to be elligible for an upgrade. If you select a specific stateroom number, they will block this cabin for you and will not move you (except in very rare occasion if they need your cabin for a reason or another like a big group that want all their cabins together).

Good luck!

JP

NCL upgraded me on Jewel, from inside guarantee to oceanview. While it was a nice gesture, the windows had a great view of the lifeboats! Biggest surprise was when some of the crew was sitting outside my window... as I came out of the bathroom! HELLO!!

Liz

NCL upgraded me on Jewel, from inside guarantee to oceanview. While it was a nice gesture, the windows had a great view of the lifeboats! Biggest surprise was when some of the crew was sitting outside my window... as I came out of the bathroom! HELLO!!

Liz

i was just upgraded from a 1a GTY on Carnival to a 5A, the same type of cabin you just described above! i better be careful!

• 2 weeks later...

The second time I sailed on Seabourn, I got a great upgrade, to a balcony cabin, and as a solo traveler I always get run of ship...which means you usually take whatever cabin they have "left over"!

On my cruise leaving this Saturday, I didn't get a balcony, and I got put on level 4, which is not my preferred deck (I like 5)....but with Seabourn, you never get a bad cabin, they are all fantastic.

So, it can happen!

Jane

I'm leaving on Friday for a cruise. There is a group of 11 of us, some are sharing cabins others have their own. Two of the people with their own cabin both booked a guarantee. The 1A guarantee got upgraded to an oceanview and the oveanview guarantee got upgraded to an obstructed balcony. The rest of us with our own cabins got what we booked, which were not guarantees.

• 4 weeks later...
How do you get an upgrade?

Ask once you are on the ship?

Or?

I'm also a solo traveller, never received an upgrade, would like to increase my chances....

I think I have found one way but have not yet tried it. Find a category on the ship you are booking that has the fewest number of cabins and book a guarantee into that category. There is usually a category that they really only usefor promotional purposes so it sells out fast. If they have too many people for too few cabins someone has to be upgraded and it may be you.

I just wanted to mention another upgrade I got. It was at booking time which is really not the norm.

The cruise I just got off of, Carnival Elation five day. Some friends did a group booking at $316 pp for 4A (lowest inside). I was booking myself as a solo, the 1A with the 150% sup would have been about $450. I booked during a past guest sale as a past guest. I found myself in a 6E(OV on the second highest level which is the deck I like best) for the same price:D (The price of this room the next week would have been almost $1000, double cost and no two cat upgrade.)

That is the only time they every gave me 150% on anything other than 1A and an OV to boot:D

Archived