Nassau has been Spared the Worst........

sail7seas

Geraldo Rivera seems to be busily involved in risky activities once again and is in a Hurricane Tracker plane this morning.

He just reported on Fox News that they were dropping some sort of test electronic device which gives all sorts of measurements.

He said the storm has decreased a little in strength and the south side of it is what hit Nassau and, apparently, they were spared from the worst it could have been. I hope he is accurate....for once.

He was currently flying over North Eleuthra and said they were being whacked.

It pains me to even imagine what beautiful Half Moon Cay looks like today!

The following is a personal observation and opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Cruise Critic or any of its members. The poster is solely responsible for its content.

I think they should drop Geraldo into the hurricane as a test package!

It pains me to even imagine what beautiful Half Moon Cay looks like today!

The following is a personal observation and opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Cruise Critic or any of its members. The poster is solely responsible for its content.

I think they should drop Geraldo into the hurricane as a test package!

I'd feel bad for the cameraman who would have to be dropped in with him.:D

Thanks for the update Sail7Seas. We are hoping that it will continue to become more and more disorganized and be downgraded some more. Thank you also for giving us stressed out Floridians a place to come and chat about something pleasant in between storm preparations.

My map program shows the 11am position as 50 miles from Nassau and it will not get any closer. That's still awfully close for a storm this big, but at least it's not a bullseye hit. HMC was a little closer than that last night, but I think was about 25-30 miles off center.

For a storm that's basically the size of Texas, 25-30 miles doesn't mean much. Sure, the eye wall may not have gone through ... but the devistating winds were still present. I wonder when HAL will be able to get in there to survey the damage?

They had enough notice and Zuiderdam was diverted away from HMC this week, so maybe..........maybe, the locals were asked to secure what they could, move chaise lounges off the beach, store picnic tables etc I don't imagine the roof on those eating areas could remain in place in that kind of wind but how long could it take to rebuild them?

I am so hoping we get to spend our much loved day on the beach on our October Zuiderdam cruise. Of course, I put it into perspective and if we don't, well, we don't. It certainly will 'not wreck our entire cruise'.

Archived