Finally got a SHIP ON THE STICK

kidless

Long last got the 14kt gold plastic ship on the stick and you should have heard me scream!!! Went to Karaoke bar on our last cruise. Now mind you I can't sing.........well I think I can when I have had a couple rum and cokes. So they asked for 3 volunteers...........don't know why I put my hand up but I did. They said they would pick our songs and it was our job to sing it and get the crowd involved the one the crowd likes the best wins. So the first girl gets up and gets the song....RESPECT.....well she starts singing and nails it I am thinking I am doomed. I mean on a good day maybe I can shriek out Patsy Cline that it is bearable but really what are the odds I am getting a Patsy song to sing. So now it is my turn and my song pops up................LIKE A VIRGIN! Oh crap I am in trouble...so I got two options try my very best and make a total fool of myself or have some fun making a fool of myself! So the music starts and I sing..............."I was a Virgin....but it's been a really long time"

Well I won and first they gave me a pictured valued at $95.....yea yea then the Lovely Ship on a Stick is in my hands. I was so excited wanted to make it into a necklace and wear it the rest of the cruise but DH said that was going a tad to far....so now it rests on my mantel......... :D

Haha, congrats on getting your very first piece of ship!! We took 4 away from the Legend last week...my husband is the king of trivia and no one else seemed to have a chance the whole trip, except at the music trivia game, because he's not "well-versed" in music ;) Be careful though because they're addicting....he makes it a point to try as hard as he can to get one from every single ship!

Haha, congrats on getting your very first piece of ship!! We took 4 away from the Legend last week...my husband is the king of trivia and no one else seemed to have a chance the whole trip, except at the music trivia game, because he's not "well-versed" in music ;) Be careful though because they're addicting....he makes it a point to try as hard as he can to get one from every single ship!

I laughed when I read this because when our son was 15, we were at a Senor Frogs and they were giving shots for the right answers at Trivia.

My son was feeding hubby the answers...until hubby had finally had enough shots.

Oh the benefits of having a gifted child!!! :D

Current count.... 28.

They have their own display case in the family room!!!

Not counting untold number of medals that they went to for awhile "instead" of ships on a stick.

This also includes one from the Holiday that actually has a "marble" base.

Now I'm curious, what kind of prizes can you win ?

My SIL is a trivia nut and I've been trying to get her to go on a cruise for awhile now-

I"ll let her know she doesn't have to be on Jeapordy- she can just cruise with me !

I'd rather play bingo,.

Congratulations on your prize - sounds like you had a blast !

Wow!! I envy you. I think that the only way that I will ever get one of these gorgeous, highly coveted awards is if they have a eating contest.

Now that I think about it, how come they don't have a eating contest? I'm sure that it would be a big hit.;) I better go into training just in case Carnival reads this and caters to our whims.:D

Congratulation! I took was dearly looking forward to getting a ship on a stick in January, only to be one or two answer short of winning on several occasions. I was hoping to get one for the "what's in the bag," but they gave it to the willing man volunteer who got dolled up in womens wear.

I went on a Eastern cruise in September and was really hoping to win. There were lots of trivia contests, two or three each day so I figured I stood a change. I bombed out on the first few, but then I finally got the right number right and won!!!!!! That was a highlight, I wanted to make an acceptance speech, but no one would have listened. The last day at sea they had a scavenger hunt and I paired up with someone who I met at the hotel and then at least once or twice a day around the ship. We had 20 out of the 30 items and the next closest team was 16 out of 30. We won and I was tickled to have TWO ships on a stick. One proudly sits on my printer (er desk) at work and one is at home on a shelf in my living room.

I hope to add more when I sail on the Conquest in February.

OK, you guys inspired me. I just dug mine out of a storage box. I won it on my cruise back in '94. I won the limbo contests after drinking too many coronas! 13 years later...I don't know if I could repete that victory.

It is now proudly displayed next to one of my framed pics from my last cruise...

OK, you guys inspired me. I just dug mine out of a storage box. I won it on my cruise back in '94. I won the limbo contests after drinking too many coronas! 13 years later...I don't know if I could repete that victory.

It is now proudly displayed next to one of my framed pics from my last cruise...

I wil, definetely be looking out for opportunities to try and win one

Archived