Hooked on Crusin

Outhouse

The feeling is contagious! I don't know what I love more: the planning, the cruise, or the planning again for the next one.

After my first Alaska cruise, I booked another one the very next year. I switched to the Caribbean this spring. But I just booked another Alaska for May/2005. Can a person overdose on this?

I took my first cruise August 31, 2003, to Alaska. By the time I got home from this adventure I knew that cruising was the life for me. The second was booked for 5 months later to the Western Caribbean. I had planned to cool it for a while but this incredible deal for a repositioning cruise came up and yep.... you guessed it... I couldn't pass it up. This time I'm not going to pretend I'm not addicted I'm going to book an open future cruise while I'm on the ship!!

Hi Solo,

We are following your steps almost to the T. This last May was our first cruise was to Alaska and are booked for the Western Caribbean this November. We opened booked on the Coral Princess and are using it for the returning Sea Princess 10-day Canada/New England run in Oct 14, 2005.

We are already getting the money together to book a Disney Cruise in Jan 2006. We will be bringing the grandkids from Alaska for that one.

I am addicted and keeping my sanity with the Cruise Critic message board. Fellow addicts stick together.

Take care, Ron

Outhouse ~ You sound like me after our first cruise last fall. We were also on the Island and loved it and are now hooked. I had been wanted to cruise for many years, but my DH thought he would be bored. WOW...was he ever surprised. He is sorry we waited so long for our first cruise. But, hey...we have a lot more to look forward to now. We plan to always have at least one booked.

As you might guess from my signature line it took a while for the cruise bug to grab total control. Our first real cruise was 32 years ago when I first met my DH. We didn't so another for many years. Then we did an Alaska Cruise a couple of years ago and now if I don't get my cruise fix every 6 months or so, I go banana's. My DH retired at end of March and I'm thinking about quiting work next April just so we cany . . . you guessed it . . . cruise more often.

If you've got to have an addiction, this is the one to have.

would we be here if we didn't care? Heck, today is Labor Day, a holiday, a three day week end and where are some of us? You guessed it, the next best hting to the cruise, on Cruise Critic talking about the cruise.

26_7_50v.gif.looks like Alaska started it for a number of us...:D I count 26 days to our next ship, can't wait.

My wife and I took our first cruise 9 years ago on the Crown Princess. It was for our honeymoon so we decided we would take a back to back as it would be a "Once In A Lifetime" trip. Well.... 17 cruises later we are still hooked and each one has truely been a "Once In A Lifetime" trip.

For our tenth aniversary we are going on the Star Princess on a b2b that is almost identical to our first cruise.

Note: The price of our first cruise was slightly more than what we will be paying for the Star Princess and the first one was in a balcony cabin and the upcoming cruise is in a mini-suite. There are not many things that you can buy for the same price, or less, than what you paid for it ten years ago. Life is Good!!!

Welcome Aboard!

Archived