Slippery pavement by the pools

ckpan

Forget chair saving........... it became a sport for us to watch people of every age slipping on the pavement around the pool area. Near the pool area there were two rows of lounge chairs then a row of luncheonette tables then a walkway then another row of tables near the windows. Water from the pool was everywhere and barefoot kids and adults were slippin' and a slidin'. We witnessed two people being taken away by stretcher in one day from slipping near the pool. Can't Carnival put down those rubber mats around the pool area??

The Holiday has wooden decking in the area with the tables and chairs on either side of the pool area...and even that gets slippery. I saw a rather large lady slip and fall into her even larger husband, who also fell. What a sight! And they were very angry when they got up - with the help of four crew members.

I agree - they really need to do something even for folks just walking through the pool area to get to the other end of the ship.

You would think they would make it a non slip surface.
You would think people would read and pay attention to the "Caution: Slippery when Wet" signs that are posted. :rolleyes:

This problem could be easily taken care of with a layer of a clear slip-free coating on the deck.. We had to do that to our pool deck shortly after buying our home.. I noticed this problem also, and thought, It's probably going to take one of those multi-million dollar frivolous law suites to wake these people up... Bombero

Just because someone has been warned that a surface may be slippery, does not necessarily mean that if they are careful they won't slip. :rolleyes: It is just like walking on ice - you know it is slippery and try to be careful, but every now and then you see someone slip right down. :eek:

I agree that if Carnival is aware that the surface may be slippery when wet, then they should use a different type of material for that area, since it is wet almost all the time.

I saw the slippery when wet sign, and still took a tumble. The flooring is marble-like, and very slick. I was being careful, but despite my best efforts, I fell down pretty hard. Fortunately I ended up with only a bruised knee. It seems to me that Carnival is waiting til someone sues them to do anything about this.

Geeze Tef! I can't say or agree with anyone on here........

Signs or not...its still very very slippery. Yes people saw them when they were out...but you still slid around. I had to hold on to my husband just to walk through that area to get to my elevator. It felt like we were walking on ice.

Yeah there are signs...but when you come out there at midnight you don't expect it to be soaked (except for when it's raining duh) ..there were none of the yellow cones up that said slippery or caution at all. When the pools are closed then the crew should dry it up the best they can. I did see them trying to do so after this poor woman fell completely on her butt. Our friends daughter fell (12 yr old) and she did one night as well ice cream she was carrying went flying in the air and she went straight backwards....feet right out from underneath her!!

I like the wood decks. They are good for poolside safety.

I agree, it is VERY slippery... I included this in my letter to Carnival. We watched MANY children fall as well as many adults... as careful as you are, it is still SO SLIPPERY... lawsuit waiting to happen. Camp Carnival staff everywhere and nothing was done... quite a shame... I hope they put something down soon...

My husband fell on the Legend while getting hamburgers and fries. It was from all the water that had been tracked there from the pool area. He had a small cut from something, but was otherwise okay. They asked him if he wanted to see a doctor, but he was a trooper and came back to our cabin. Of course, minus my french fries! ;)

I slipped a few times, but never fell on the Pride but I can see how easy it would be, especially after a few drink of the days. It really is very slippery. Now, I'm not sure why they have guard rails around the Niagara Falls, why didn't they just put up a few signs saying "Warning- Falls" Like... come on now, LOL! I guess a few warning signs is alot cheaper for the cruiseline then the cost and maintanance of non-slip surfaceing.

You are outside on a ship deck in the middle of the ocean. Slippery decks are an enharent risk on ship decks in the middle of the ocean.

My kids, when they were small use to get so angry when the floor was mopped and sure enough, they would go running across it and flip onto their back. They never got hurt, and it sure looked funny.

I'll have to keep my eye out at the pool for this. I didn't know that entertainment was provided at the pool!

Kind of reminds me of winter when I lived in Michigan for a couple of years.

Archived