need a quick answer , pleeeeeze!!!

Lachase

i should say that the water the ships seem to be very good. last cruise i took water for off the ship on excursions, only used 2 bottle the whole week. used the tap water the rest of the time. just something for you to think about.

i should say that the water the ships seem to be very good. last cruise i took water for off the ship on excursions, only used 2 bottle the whole week. used the tap water the rest of the time. just something for you to think about.

I really liked the water on NCL Gem. Have sailed Carnival in the past and their water is just barely tolerable but I really liked it and drank lots of it on our recent trip.

I wouldn't feel the need to bring my own water on an NCL ship.

if you are in one of the restaurants, (and don't have your bottle of water), when they ask if you want water...just make sure you tell them not bottled water...we had water by the glass all week. they don't charge for that. even filled one of our bottles with ice from the buffet and tap water to take off the ship...DH liked their water better then the bottles:D

they are more worried about being charged for it, but it's free out of the tap, by the glass at any of the dining venues or at the buffet's drink station.

haven't check to see where you are going, but we got water on some of our excursions...the ship was even handing out water at one port. (no you didn't have to sign anything or give your cabin number)

Agree with pp's regarding water quality. The only time bottled water is handy is when you are in port. We just took plastic squeeze bottles and filled it before we left. Obviously, bottled water is another option when you leave as they try to sell you the large bottles before you leave.

Leaving soon and need to know if you can openly bring bottles of water onboard or do they have to be smuggled in (which would be sooo sad a commentary for NCL)? Thanks for help!

Bring all you want, but remember, the water on the ship is very good and the weight of the bottles can be a pain. We ususally bring a few bottles, then just keep filling them as the week goes by.

Nita

I called NCL today and asked them if I could bring bottled water and canned soda on board and they explicitly told me 'NO' in no uncertain terms. So can you really bring a 6 pack of bottled water and perhaps a 6 pack of Pepsi on board? Has anyone done it openly with no problem? Thanks!

everyone on this board is going "NO, don't call them!!!"

one of these days, if enough people ask, it really will be NO.

less then 2 weeks ago, i went on with a carry-on with a 6 pk of water (which i brought home 4 of them) and a 6pk of pepsi. saw several people with soda cans i know they didn't buy on the ship.

yes, be cool...don't bring the whole store and no one will say anything. every time anyone call the main office, the answer is always no. the less they know about this the better;)

everyone on this board is going "NO, don't call them!!!"

one of these days, if enough people ask, it really will be NO.

less then 2 weeks ago, i went on with a carry-on with a 6 pk of water (which i brought home 4 of them) and a 6pk of pepsi. saw several people with soda cans i know they didn't buy on the ship.

yes, be cool...don't bring the whole store and no one will say anything. every time anyone call the main office, the answer is always no. the less they know about this the better;)

Thanks for the info...I should know to ask CCer's and not NCL!!! Have a Merry Christmas!

When we were on the Pride of America last year, there was a Coke machine at the port right as you exited the ship area. The drinks were only 50 cents each. I bought about 6 of them and put them in a bag and carried them back on board with me. The people checking you back in could easily see the machine and had no problem with people buying them and bringing them onboard. And yes, they were name brand Coke products, not Big K Cola! haha

We did exactly as ALMTYROB states when we cruised out of Miami on the NCL Sun in Nov. '07. We bought a case of water at a Miami grocery store, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our room with the rest of our luggage---no questions asked. We didn't try to hide it at all.

Bring all you want, but remember, the water on the ship is very good and the weight of the bottles can be a pain. We ususally bring a few bottles, then just keep filling them as the week goes by.

Nita

This was exactly what I did. I'm very picky in regards to the taste of water, and the water on the Jewel was great.

We had also bought pop when we were at port, no problem bringing them back without smuggling. The crew doesn't care if you bring pop or water onboard.

Take a 36 pack of water...wrap it in plastic wrap....slap a luggage tag on it...have it delivered to your room. EASY!:D

That, however, will not work if you are leaving from New York. The porters will not take them. I found this out the hard way. Had my case of water all ready to go with a luggage tag but was told by the porters that they can no longer accept water or soft drinks. Had to carry my water on with my carry on but it was no problem getting it on board, in fact, since our cabin wasn't ready when we boarded, they just stored it in the restaurant for me until we could go to the cabin.

We always travel with the assumption that we have to carry/move ALL of our own baggage. Do so even if you feel the need to take bottled water aboard.

But, as mentioned a few million times here, the water on the ships meets or exceeds the quality you will get out of bottled water. So why bother?

Archived