Inside Cabin advice needed.....Please

mitaxi

Up till now I have cruised with a balcony...but so want to return to ALaska and do more excursions this trip...which are costly. Even the OV would be $400 more than an inside - so will go with an inside -

However I need advice on which floor would be better or even where on the floor - as there is very little cost difference say between the 3rd or 4th deck or the 8th or 9th.... so how do you decide ??

This would be for the Radiance....

We usually go with the inside cabins so we can cruise 2 X a year. We're pretty busy during the day, so not much time spent in the cabin other than sleeping. You may want to check out the deck plan of the ship and make sure there is not a "busy "area above you or below you. By busy areas I mean the Galley, early morning areas like the buffet area with people moving chairs. We don't mind the 4th or 3rd decks-we take the stairs to keep the pounds off. Good Luck!

I think it really is personal preference - I love the higher decks and always take the stairs. I know people have said lower decks feel less motion but I swear I feel it more and even though all the floors are above the water I just feel like you are more in the bowels of the ship on the bottom decks, but that's just me :)

I've stayed on 7 and 10 and enjoyed both, my next cruise booked is on 6 and the one after that deck 9 so as you see I stick to a general group of decks. i do check the floor plans though to make sure I am not above or below anything that could be distracting and so far so good :)

We do insides all the time... spend so little time in the room that it doesn't seem worth it to us to spend the extra money... maybe someday but for now we like the insides...

I would go with an 8 or 9 deck cabin... it's just a few flights up to the pool and buffet/restaurants... and a few flights down to all the other stuff... still far enough away not to hear all that commotion...we rarely had to use the elevators...

Personally I don't like cabins on the lower decks because they require much more walking up and down the stairs every time you forget something in your room or need to quickly go back. I've never done Alaska, but in the Caribbean I spent most of my time on the pool deck, which is quite a few decks up. So, I choose cabins on the higher floors.

The Radiance class is the perfect class of ship in which to cruise Alaska in an inside cabin because there is so much glass everywhere and the scenery can be viewed from just about anywhere. We have sailed the Serenade to Alaska in an inside on Deck 8. It was just a few floors up to the pool/Windjammer area and a few decks down to the dining room/theatre area. It was a perfect location. Good luck!

Decide where you'll be spending most of your "out of cabin" time, and book a room within a floor of that area! You don't want to have to depend on the elevators to go back and forth to the cabin--they take waaaay too long. One or two flights of stairs is ample to have to climb everytime you need to head to the room!

I sailed on the Radiance previously to ALsaka - and as mentioned I was remembering where most of my time was spent... mostly either on deck 6 or up on 11... so here are my choices left, as I ruled out deck 3 & 4

7575 ....... 8019 .......9617 ..... 9519

My advice - go with an inside on deck 4, and as close as possible to the centrum. That way, instead of being in the middle of a long hallway, you are just steps from the music and people-watching in the centrum. Don't even be concerned about booking the end cabin (Just returned from the Brilliance, with a member of our party in that cabin) - there is actually a staff office between the centrum and the cabin, so it is not so close that there will be unwanted noise. Also, when docking, etc., you can go right up the centrum steps to 5 and the promenade.

We have booked this position whenever we've had insides on Vision and Radiance-class, and have always been happy with these.

Archived