Just off Navigator....kewlguy you rock!!!

mitaxi

Not sure how I would have reacted if that had been my plate. I guess I'd have had to do more than just sit there...although can certainly understand that reaction.

Eating, especially alone I usually have knife in one hand and fork in the other, so I guess if I reached for the guy he'd have gotten a knife or fork somewhere. :D

Glad to hear otherwise the cruise was great. We are counting down the days. Somehow I need to put a Mariner in the mix to finish out be the end of the year all of the Voyager Class ships.

What in the hell was this clown doing by taking food off of someone else's plate? It totally blows the ambiance that you are paying for in that restaurant and the cruise. It really ticks me off. You might expect it on Carnival but I wouldn't expect that on an RCI ship.

Wow, that was one ignorant comment. I take it you have never experienced the Supper Club aboard one of the Carnival vessels. FYI, Carnival's alternative restaurants were rated last year as the best alternative cuisine of any major cruise line, beating Royal Caribbean (and after the incident refered to on this post, I can understand why).

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but at least educate yourself before expressing it...

Wow, that was one ignorant comment. I take it you have never experienced the Supper Club aboard one of the Carnival vessels. FYI, Carnival's alternative restaurants were rated last year as the best alternative cuisine of any major cruise line, beating Royal Caribbean (and after the incident refered to on this post, I can understand why).

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but at least educate yourself before expressing it...

Obviously you missed his apology :rolleyes: At least read the entire thread before expressing your opinion.

###

If RC has so much class they wouldnt of even asked to bring her another plate' they would of just done it and then comped her meal after that. Also do you people who make all the rude comments about Carnival think your acting classy or are you acting just like a so called Carnival cruiser?

Just home from a 4 night on the Navigator...

Had great weather, easy disembark from Port Everglades...great crew...had my first Promenade cabin. Thought it was great (deck 7 across from Vintages)..they had 2 concierge lounges...(never made it to the one on deck 14....just enjoyed the company of Carlos :) on 9

went on the Passion Island excursion in Cozumel....beautiful beach..

Had two dinners in Windjammer and two in Portofinos....Windjammer had more than enough selections (however I do wish they stayed open past 9pm) and two excellent meals inPortofino's (except that the man siting next to me one night asked me what I had ordered then proceeded to get up and take a bite of my food :eek: -- yep never had that happen before - even the waiter was stunned

Had a great time as always meeting new faces that go with some familiar CC names.....gotmilk, San4u2, piercetc4, and especially kewlguy ...you rock ( no hard feelings...LOL ) can't wait to sail with all of you again...

Hi, how do you tip when you don't sit at assigned seating in the DR?

Mel

I told her the exact same thing when she told me on board the ship. I think she should have received a free meal and they should have thrown the guys out, which they didn't.

The restaurant staff didn't make the guy leave after saying they would not let them stay? :confused:

If that's the case, I think the restaurant staff also committed a wrong. Up until that point, the only one I see responsible for behaving badly was the guy who ate off her plate.

It was nice of the staff to offer a new plate of food following the incident, but they really owed it to you for their own misbehavior (not keeping their word) if the man was allowed to stay.

In addition to being banned from the restaurant that evening, they should have put the dinner charge on the guy's bill, maybe that would keep him from sampling someone else's food in the future.

Hi, how do you tip when you don't sit at assigned seating in the DR?

Mel

HI - First time I have never eaten in the dining room, so I obviously tipped the waiters in Portofino (I added to the check as tip is included), and I had pre paid tipps.....so everyone got their tips....and I did get my service where I chose to eat...and I had not planned on not eating in the dining room prior to sailing. SO not sure what the right way to do this - had I not pre paid...

mr. pete- i have sailed carnival and read the boards over there mostly the first few yrs we were cruising- i am sure i read a royal caribbean bash or 2 while there - we all have a favorite line or 2 and have the right to our opinion - and the right to make a posting mistake and the right to apologize for it- when it comes down to it, is it really that big a deal? apology not accepted..........................so silly imho :)

apology not accepted..........................so silly imho :)

At least you didn't say immature (how is that pronounced here?) :p

And I'm sure you're right. But I will always look at what someone's sailed when they bash, because ANYONE who does it is wrong, regardless of the line or board.

mr. pete- i have sailed carnival and read the boards over there mostly the first few yrs we were cruising- i am sure i read a royal caribbean bash or 2 while there - we all have a favorite line or 2 and have the right to our opinion - and the right to make a posting mistake and the right to apologize for it- when it comes down to it, is it really that big a deal? apology not accepted..........................so silly imho :)

Didn't you know that it was a one way street with those guys over there? They can dish it out but they sure as heck can't take it. I do agree that the post above was uncalled for and especially by someone that has never cruised on the line but it's amusing to watch them go over the edge about it. :rolleyes:

Archived