Do you sleep a lot on cruises?

dexter

Dexter.. I had to giggle when I read the thread title. I confess, if I have early dining I tend to be zonked out early. I have every intention of doing something after the shows but I end up falling asleep. What helps for me is taking a late afternoon nap. This way, I awake, have 2nd seating dinner and have no problem staying up. When it's an early dinner - between a day in the sun and a full stomach.. I can't help but sleep.. zzzzzzz...

Not being a nite owl I am in bed between ten and eleven most evenings unless I have something pressing that forces me up later. Normally I go to bed relatively early and I can't I will take a nap. Like one of the posters, I too find that if it is a bit rocky, I get rocked to sleep--a sound sleep.

Himself

I had not read this thread till tonight and decided to read it because DH said it sounded like us. Yes, I must confess that we like to get up early on the cruise,(I get up and go to the gym) I sometimes take a little nap in the afternoon on Sea days. We have early dinner and make it to a few shows but most of the time end up going to bed fairly early. We like to go back to the cabin get comfy and read the Dailey Program and Shopping Guides before lights out. While cruising in warm climates we like to sit out on the balcony and talk and relax.

At home I NEVER take a nap but there is just something about cruising that totally relaxes me and I wind way down:)

After I posted this sleep thing, I remembered an incident involving my wife a couple years back. We went cruising with another couple and we were all sitting side by side in the theatre on one of the formal nights. About a half hour into the show my friend leaned over and whispered to me to look at my wife. She had fallen asleep and had her head resting in the lap of the lady next to her. I woke her up and she turned redder than the dress she was wearing. We all still laugh about that one.

One of the reasons we prefer late dinner seating is so we can fit in a nap for a few hours in the late afternoon, especially after a shore excursion.

Fiance and I are normally night people , We defiantely are not morning people *LOL*.

Of course on port days we are up early, but even on sea days we are up fairly early , even if we are just loungeing around on deck or wandering around the ship.

On our Alaskan Cruise in late July, my Honey and I both started the cruise taking Bonine, hoping to ward off motion sickness. We both noticed that we were sleeping our cruise away and stopped taking the pills on about the 3rd day.

We had no trouble with either motion sickness or nodding off for the rest of the trip. It was either that, or maybe we just finally adjusted to the change in altitude.(We are from the mountains of UT) LOL Either way, the rest of the cruise was fabulous!! PS: At night, we slept like babies!! The soft ocean motion complimented the the super comfy beds.:rolleyes:

My attitude tends to be "I can sleep later ... there are only so many hours on this cruise, and I want to enjoy them all." At least, that's what find my self THINKING. Now ... my body does like to nap. Hence, if I get about 5-6 hours at night, and another hour in the afternoon, I'm good to go. :)

I've been known to roam the ship late at night ... it's quiet, an no one is around. :) I've had some nice conversations with staff and crew that way. :D

Hey ... I'm just 7 days away from departing on my Zaandam cruise!!!!!! Yippie!

At home we very rarely stay up until after 10 PM on work days and normally not much past 11 PM on Friday and Saturday. On a cruise.....no way.....we closed the Crow's Nest 4 out of 7 nights on our last cruise. It's not that we're party animals, it's because we're having fun. At the same time I love to get up early in the morning, especially those mornings we're slowly slipping into port, and watch the sun rise on a new location. There's something about the morning air, the smell, the gentle movement of the ship, that is a magical part of the cruise that I don't want to miss. We probably get less sleep on a cruise than during a typical week at home but I don't recall ever getting off a cruise tired or exhausted.

What a great thread! I thought my fiancee was the only one who NAPPED all the time. He loves to sleep and I'm afraid he'll be asleep most of the cruise. It's his first 'fancy' cruise, and he doesn't want to miss anything, but he does love being asleep.

I, on the other hand, prefer to be up all hours of the night, and I do not nap. I hope to be able to wander the ship, and find things to do!

Archived