Luggage Tags

atdahop

Can anyone help me out....What color were the luggage tags you received in your document package...I am looking for someone on the Golden, Dolphin Deck?

My travel agent screwed up and sent some unfamiliar tags to us..

Thanks,

Carole

The luggage tags have always been the same color for us, depending on the ship we sail. It didn't matter which stateroom we were booked in. They don't issue luggage tags by color for boarding, just for disembarkation. They are marked with letters to show where they should be delivered is the only difference, F for forward, A for aft.

Did you check your roll call to see what color tags others have gotten for your ship? If you received the same color, you will be fine.

Almost forgot, we have also been given generic tags in the past, that if memory serves me correctly, were white and we had to fill them out.

Usually, the color tag is not based on cabin, but area of ship - front, midships or aft.

That is incorrect. Location of cabin has nothing to do with color ("F" or "A" are marked to denote Fore or Aft -- no midship designation), the colors are assigned by ship for embarkation, as Toto stated. Colors are different for disembarkation based on which group you are in. Here is a partial list of the ships & corresponding embarkation tag colors:

Caribbean - White Tag with Pink Lettering - also reported to be Pink Tags

Coral - Coral (orangy-pink)

Crown - Brown

Dawn - Pink Tag with White Lettering

Diamond - Gray/Silver Tag with White Lettering (also called Gray-Blue)

Emerald - Emerald Green Tag reported both plain and with White Stripes

Golden - Gold Tag

Grand - Bright Green

Island - Green

Pacific -

Regal - Gray

Royal -

Ruby -

Sapphire - Blue

Sea - Light Blue (like fancy Caribbean water)

Star - Burgundy

Sun - Yellow or White Tag with Yellow Lettering

Tahitian - Mauve (June 2007) Turquoise (July 2007)

Last year when we went on the golden I'm almost positive the tags

were gold color. I'm talking about embarkation tags only.

We'll be on the Emerald inApril and they sent us Emerald - colored tags

when we wereon the Sapphire both times, they gave us blue-colored

tags.

Last year when we went on the golden I'm almost positive the tags

were gold color. I'm talking about embarkation tags only.

We'll be on the Emerald inApril and they sent us Emerald - colored tags

when we wereon the Sapphire both times, they gave us blue-colored

tags.

We have received everything from light colored tags in just about every color of the rainbow to striped tags in the past. And I don't actually remember them always being the same color for the same ship different years we have sailed on the same one. Of coarse some ships we sailed were the same, only out of different ports.

One minor, nit-picky correction to gopher's girl list, as psoted by jrw: Just received Dawn luggage tags yesterday and they're pale pink and white stripes. Sort of like a Candy Striper uniform that's been washed in too much bleach. Do they sitll have Candy Stripers and does anyone besides me remember them?

One minor, nit-picky correction to gopher's girl list, as psoted by jrw: Just received Dawn luggage tags yesterday and they're pale pink and white stripes. Sort of like a Candy Striper uniform that's been washed in too much bleach. Do they sitll have Candy Stripers and does anyone besides me remember them?

Yes, we had those for the Dawn last spring, I remember them well, our roll call got a good laugh out of the pink striped tags.

Whispering.............yes, I remember the candy stripers, I was one a longgggggggggggg time ago. ;)

I remenber the Candy Stripers, I'm married to one(40th anni on the Grand next week). I don't think they have them now.

Can anyone help me out....What color were the luggage tags you received in your document package...I am looking for someone on the Golden, Dolphin Deck?

My travel agent screwed up and sent some unfamiliar tags to us..

Thanks,

Carole

We are leaving Saturday on The Golden and our tags are gold.

Mike:)

You will receive your disembarkation tags in a package a couple of days prior to the end of your cruise. Insure at that time there are enough tags for all your bags and not wait until the last minute. We were 'shorted' once and everyone knows how long the lines are at the pursers desk that last night! :eek:

You will receive your disembarkation tags in a package a couple of days prior to the end of your cruise. Insure at that time there are enough tags for all your bags and not wait until the last minute. We were 'shorted' once and everyone knows how long the lines are at the pursers desk that last night! :eek:

On one of our cruise my DH and I were given different color disembarkation tags. I told him he couldn't leave without me cause I had the car keys:rolleyes:

jrw, this is correct. We are sailing on the Coral and the colors are correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopher's girl

Caribbean - White Tag with Pink Lettering - also reported to be Pink Tags

Coral - Coral (orangy-pink)

Crown - Brown

Dawn - Pink Tag with White Lettering

Diamond - Gray/Silver Tag with White Lettering (also called Gray-Blue)

Emerald - Emerald Green Tag reported both plain and with White Stripes

Golden - Gold Tag

Grand - Bright Green

Island - Green

Pacific -

Regal - Gray

Royal -

Ruby -

Sapphire - Blue

Sea - Light Blue (like fancy Caribbean water)

Star - Burgundy

Sun - Yellow or White Tag with Yellow Lettering

Tahitian - Mauve (June 2007) Turquoise (July 2007)

Archived