First F3 class ship's name...

ohioNCLcruiser

What do you think would be a great name for the first F3 class ship, and the second? We had some great guesses for the Jewel class ship so lets start with the F3!

Norwegian Princess

Norwegian Dynasty

Norway

Norwegian Pride

it could reuse the Sky, Sea, Wind and Norway names..I have no idea what they will pick but put your guesses!

Norwegian Nickel

follwed by the

Norwegian Dime

Norwegian Monstrosity ;)

(Sorry-I'm not of the bigger is better mindset)

I can almost always count on Monte for a laugh!

I'm tired of all the supersizing, so, as usual, we think alike. Even the Jewel class ships are a little bigger than I like.

As far as names, I agree that they need unique names that aren't being used by any other cruise lines.

According to Cruise Travel magazine, the 1st F3 will begin sailing in Jan 2010, followed by the second one in the Fall of 2010. Since Jan 2010 bookings will soon be opening, we should be hearing about these ships very soon. I would have thought we have some information by now, like the picture the other posted mentioned.

They did announce that the port of Miami and NCL made a deal to modify the terminals to accommodate the F3s. I think that's a pretty good hint that they will be primarily serving the Caribbean.

They just announced the F3 marketing team yesterday. I'm sure they'll be spewing ads in no time!

Aren't ships referred to as female? They can't be male otherwise they wouldn't have any shopping or slot machines. There would be car repair shops, OTB parlors and fantasy football rooms. All the important things.

I was thinking after writing my opinion and reading the above, that perhaps the ships being male would not be such a good idea. I mean, wonder if the ship got a little confused as to his whereabouts in the Caribbean? Good grief, we would sail in circles since everyone knows males never stop and ask for directions.

I was thinking after writing my opinion and reading the above, that perhaps the ships being male would not be such a good idea. I mean, wonder if the ship got a little confused as to his whereabouts in the Caribbean? Good grief, we would sail in circles since everyone knows males never stop and ask for directions.

Ha :)

Hey, I wouldn't mind sailing around in circles for a few weeks. But imagine the fuel surcharge?

Double Ha! :) :)

Zing!:rolleyes:...please note the sarcasm.

LOL-had you not quoted I would've missed that post.

We had less nickel & diming on our most recent cruise (NCLA) that we have ever had on any cruise previously. Not even much hawking of drinks on the pool deck! :D

It will be interesting to see what new features NCL's new mega-ship will have? Skating rinks, rock climbing walls, bowling alleys, grand indoor promenades with overlooking inside cabins, exterior elevators and wave pools have all been done now. What totally innovative feature will NCL come up with to give their passengers a unique new cruise experience? Or perhaps they will settle for a ship with all of the above?

It will be interesting to see what new features NCL's new mega-ship will have? Skating rinks, rock climbing walls, bowling alleys, grand indoor promenades with overlooking inside cabins, exterior elevators and wave pools have all been done now. What totally innovative feature will NCL come up with to give their passengers a unique new cruise experience? Or perhaps they will settle for a ship with all of the above?

Those are good questions. I will have to think about what I would absolutely love to have on a ship that would make me book in a second....but, rock climbing walls isnt one of 'em.

NCL always trying to be leading edge is going to put the octogon cage onboard. The will have untimate fighting ... cheerleaders verus the complainers..this should keep everyone happy here :D Lots of other options,,,,bartenders verus smugglers to win your booze back...cabin stewards verus anyone that wants to pull ther auto tips.....Non smokers fighting for the right to throw smokers overboard... and the final fight for the right of parents to take their kids out of school :D :D

They can settle all the debates held on cruise critic.

Those are good questions. I will have to think about what I would absolutely love to have on a ship that would make me book in a second....but, rock climbing walls isnt one of 'em.

NCL already has rock climbing walls on some of their ships.

Lazy River ?? :D

At our last Latitudes gathering the Captain of the Pearl said that the F3 is a real leap forward in freestyle and he said that they will be combining dining and entertainment. He didn't elaborate. I have been thinking about the comment ever since. What could it be? Dinner theater? Live music? Has anyone else heard similar information?

This entire ship project is very hush hush and I haven't heard anything. I spoke to someone at the builders and he couldn't say anything and I spoke to a few others..they "claimed" to know nothing but I'm sure someone out there does!! It shouldn't be too long till details start coming out. If you look at NCL's press releases a few days ago they announced the Vice President of the F3's media and promotion so with bookings starting soon and this I think we will find out more soon. I really hope they have great things planned for her christening like what Cunard did with the Qm2 and Royal Caribbean with their Voyager of the seas and then Freedom of the seas. I think making this not a huge deal will hurt them or at least not bring any excitement as it could bring. I'm sure someone at NCL feels this way also so I'm looking forward to the news to come.

At our last Latitudes gathering the Captain of the Pearl said that the F3 is a real leap forward in freestyle and he said that they will be combining dining and entertainment. He didn't elaborate. I have been thinking about the comment ever since. What could it be? Dinner theater? Live music? Has anyone else heard similar information?

Sounds like Tony and Tina's Wedding. LOL.

Hmmm, maybe we will have to sing for our supper?

(uh-oh, I am done for)

Archived