Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

Jeb Bush is telling everyone on the east coast, if you have not left by now, stay put!!!! You should have everything in place now!! If you are inland, and you plan to leave, do it now, or stay put!!!Fema is ready to move in after the storm, and the national guard has already moved to the south east. As the storm moves away, they can move right in behind it!! Prayers are out there for everyone!! Stay safe!!! There is a possibility Jeanne may be a cat 4 at landfall.

Wendy, we are fine. It is windy, and the sky is darkening up. I think everyone over here is watching to see if it will turn north. If it doesn't it will come here. She is going to be a pisser, so I hope everyone that should leave did. Many won't. I hope they are ok!!! You take care and check in as soon as you can!! I worry!! ;)

We flew in to FLL this morning. We have friends that we haven't seen in almost 2 years. We called them knowing we would be stuck inside for two day, but we wanted to make the most out of our vacation. It worked out for the best. We have a weekend wtih old friends and an anticipated wonderful 5 day cruise!

[COLOR=Purple]Sue..That's all they talk about.."the turn" lol
Last I heard it could "Turn" before it hits the east coast! HA! I wish.
You guys should be fine though, somewhere out there someone has to think "ok, let's leave the west coast alone for a change!"

Jemingway - you are a brave man going to Costco...even on a Wednesday at 2 pm you can't beat the crowds....I can just imagine what it was like.
I almost went to Sams last night but decided against it, Crown fulfilled my needs.

Oh...and no one pass judgement on me , but this morning around 9 am while I was putting the shutters up, I was on my first cup of 2 parts Starbucks coffee over ice and 1 part vodka. The parts have reversed as the day goes on.
I meant it about the drunken stupor! :) [/COLOR]

In honor of all you folks having to put up with this hurricane stuff, I just got back from the liquor store with a great big bag of Pat O'Brien's hurricane mix!!! So, one way or another, we're going through this hurricane together. Seriously now, lots of us are here are hoping for the best and wish for your safety.

[COLOR=Purple]ok....so Jeanne is now at 27.1 N and we are at 26.1 N which means we are 69.2 miles south. The hurricane force winds now extend out 70 miles from the center.
I think it's time for another drink!

lol on the hurricane drink. Go Chiefs![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]I did read to stay sober during the storm...what I want to know is WHY?????????

Check out this cool site I found, it shows the track of every hurricane since the early 1900's!

[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/custom/sfl-inttrackmap.htmlstory[/url]

hope it works![/COLOR]

Oh Crap, I thought I could ignore her and Jeanne would go away. And the rotton part is I can't even't have one of those Starbuck drinks--they sound wonderful though. Maybe I could have a ice cream cone with darvocett sprinkles on top?

Good luck everyone, especially you east coasters.

Here in Punta Gorda the sun is shining, but the water in the canals is dark grey.

There's a smell of tar burning in the air -- the roofers are still working putting on new roofs. I'm beginning to like the smell, it means progress!

Stay safe everyone.

Reporting in from Tampa Bay area....the rains are here...the gusts are huge!
I don't remember this from Frances. Here we go...
Oh, in case anyone cares...this is the first time since 1886 that 4 hurricanes have hit one single state in a year! (it was Texas in 1886).
Disney just closed for tomorrow!!! That doesn't happen all that often.
Seriously praying for everyone that whatever happens, we will all be safe and help each other bear this storm. Take care and please report in.

Archived