Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

[b][color=black]Jem,[/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Just don't [i]flutter[/i] the sheets... that is annoying to the Mrs.[/color][/b] :eek:

[img]http://d21c.com/walpurgis9/dogs/part4/0001.gif[/img][color=darkred][b][i]Grrr... don't even think of trying to blame it on the dog![/i][/b][/color]

ok, all you alcoholics (LOL), here's the word from Broward County...They just released me from working at the 911 Center. Its fairly windy and raining, but nothing like what was expected here. Its been fairly quiet where I work, however a Fort Lauderdale officer was shot tonight. No other word on his condition.

I'm going to have to catch up with you guys and pour myself some Bailey's before my head hits the pillow. All of you folks in the Gold Coast/Central & Northern Florida please stay safe.

Winds are increasing and we are hunkered down to ride it out. So far, still have power, but I just heard the first transformer blow. Thankfully, I have my generator I just got two weeks ago. What a relief. Best to all. Stay safe.

The Monk

Sue:

Our daughter in law is in Jacksonville and is supposed to fly out Monday back to Oklahoma..........

Have you heard is the Jacksonville airport closed?? Anything at all flying in our out of northern FLA??

Jim

[COLOR=Purple]Good morning everyone!

I slept like a baby! Alcoholic or not, I had a pretty good day yesterday thanks to my liquid meals! But I am having coffee this morning (no vodka!)

Well, I don't get it. This storm seemed worse than Frances yet we never lost power (NOT complaining) and my pool has no debris in it. Last time it took over an hour to clean.

They said 57,500 w/o power in Broward, I think the number was 200,000 during Frances.

I hate seeing these storms head across Florida yet again, I swear, it better be another 20 years before the next hurricane hits this state!

I hope everyone is doing well, thank goodness she's weakening, I have friends in Tampa who left Melbourne and Satellite Beach again. It seems to follow them!

Have a good day everyone and be safe!

Monk? Where did you find a generator? There are NONE around here! [/COLOR]

Glad to see several of you back on the board. Sounds like you made it through the storm! Where has the worst damage been so far...anyone know yet? I can't believe there are cruise ships waiting off shore to dock? Where are they going to send all the people when they get off?

I am supposed to be heading out of Ft. Lauderdale Monday on the Enchanment of the Seas. I am currently in Valdosta, Ga. Waiting to see what is going to happen what are my chance to make it on time. I know the boat may be delayed a day or so but what about the drive I have ahead of me :eek:

[COLOR=Purple]just reading the article on [url]www.sunsentinel.com[/url].

77% of palm Beach county is without power, 90 % in Indian River and Martin county are w/o power and could take up to three weeks to restore. That's insane!

Just heard a report of a death in Miami, guy out on the streets came in contact with a downed live power line. They do warn us![/COLOR]

The newspaper today said flights will be halted this morning @ the airport -- but that may have changed since going to print. The conditions aren't bad here. A few wind gusts, bouts of rain. I took my usual 2 mi walk today with no problems. Winds are expected to be 35-45 mph peak times 6 am to midnight, but not bad yet! MUCH MUCH milder than Frances. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way.

roo, under better conditions I would have loved to meet and say hello! Maybe next time, (although I hope the car doesn't need servicing again soon)

Thoughts & prayers to those in Jeanne's path. Hope Tina Lee is OK, isn't she in Orlando?

Thanks, but RCC haven't updated their site with Port Everglades and I am not sure if they are delayed at all. It doesn't look like I will be able to drive their today as planned but will have to make the trip in the morning. Just don't want to miss the boat.

The Cp is out there waitng to come in tomorrow, and if you go up a few posts on here, Princess has posted they will bring her in on monday for the turnaround. So Port everglades will be open. The hurricane is already moving away. Still strong winds and rain, but getting better!!! :) I monitor the port site also, so as soon as it is open, it will be posted here!!

Conditions are not nearly as bad as they thought they would be! And the storm will have moved inland by the time you get to Ft Pierce area. So, unless there are personal scheduling conflicts keeping you from driving today, "hit the road, Jack" as Simon & Garfunkel would say.

Don't you other Floridians agree about driving today?

Archived