Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

Good luck driving down, I would also start today so you can take your time. I think I-95 is your best bet.

Crossing my fingers and toes we keep our power. So far so good. Roof tarps are no longer on the roof. DH is checking it out--here we go again. :eek:

Hi to you too, Sue. Pool is fine, except for the boards floating around in it from the roof. I just about died when the power went out a few minutes ago but it came right back. My surgery is tomorrow (knee) and I think they might need electricity!

Glad you did OK. A five year old roof certainly has a better chance than my 11 year old one. Pretty soon I will be all set with a new one--if the canes stop long enough for them to do it! We had one gust of wind last night around 5am that was as strong as any I ever felt, including Charley.

Ice cream is all gone, darn, I could have used some last night. my freezer is full of meals for the guys while I am gone and all of us for when I get home. I am sweating out the electricity staying on but I think we are OK.

Good to hear from you.

hey to all --time is now 9:57 a.m. we are now getting wind gusts up to 50 mph and horizontal rain - electric on -off-on -off ------ no major damage in our neighborhood so far. Eye suppose to hit our house about noon. Closet prepared - later- earl

10:15AM and the rain is coming in horizontally in Central St. Pete. Wind has really picked up too. My son has been clamoring for action. Looks like he's finally going to get it! Fortunately for us, the storm is now Cat 1. It's really pouring now. Best of luck to all.

The Monk

We both slept through the night -- without alcohol therapy!

What does that mean?

Will we, in the future, be like the people you hear about who move from the city to the country and can't sleep because it's too quiet or the crickets keep them up?

Maybe we won't be able to sleep unless we have pounding rain and howling winds:p

I would like to say that I keep you (people involved in the hurycanes)in my mind and I often think of you.
I 've once been involved in a hurrycane in Florida and I realy hope that you all are o.k. and that the damage on your propertie is not that bad.
We don't have hurrycanes in the Netherlands, so the only thing I can do, is keep on coming to Florida and enjoy your wonderfull and friendly state.
And keep on cruising from Florida!!!
Love from the Netherlands(I keep my fingers crossed for you)
Trijntje:cool:

[COLOR=Purple]Now...the therapy they have in the Netherlands....:)

Yeah, where is Jemingway anyway? I've been up since 7:30. had breakfast, took down the shutters (there wll be NO MORE HURRICANES THIS YEAR) and walked around the entire neighborhood. We really were lucky this time.

No major or minor damage as far as the eye can see, I haven't gone out in the car yet.

It's weird, but the sun is shining, drizzles on and off and it's still a bit windy, but you'd never know that 11 hours ago a hurricane passed by.

I hope all of you in North & Northwest Florida are doing ok! [/COLOR]

Archived