Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

Jem,

Glad to see you back posting today! Since it is after noon now... is it the cocktail hour yet?

We have friends from the Carolinas who took us up on the offer to come visit. We're watching TWC closely while they are staying with us for the week & all they keep doing is remarking how beautiful the weather is here in Michigan. They are even talking about looking at real estate here! :)

I've been watching your posts since last night but did not want to interrupt while you kept each others' collective chins up. I am delighted to read that you are all o.k. and that you weathered yet another one. Good luck to all of you as you try once more to get things back in shape.

My travel agent, who is in her mid-70's, lives in the Miami area and probably spent the night with family rather than stay alone in an apartment with the possibility of no electric. Haven't heard from her but I am sure she is o.k. also.

As she says: "Only 2 more months to go." You can all start the countdown.
What a year for all of you!!!! While you recover, we'll be watching for snow. No such thing as perfect weather. I am originally from Phoenix and was there when the record was broken at 122 degrees.

Once more--Good Luck

Kay

Big wind gusts and sporadic rain. Just had a tree limb come crashing down outside and heard it slam into the plywood. Boy, am I glad I left it on from the last time. Otherwise, all is well. Hope things are reasonably well with all.

The Monk

In hopes all who were in harms way (again) I offer the following to smile about - :D

Radio can be the best way to watch television

Chainsaw wielding men are nothing to be afraid of

SUVs are the best makeshift tents on the market

You can use your washer as a cooler

It's your God given right to sit on your back porch and eat Chinese
takeout by candlelight in your underwear

We shouldn't complain about "useless" tools in the garage, We actually
DO need a generator

You can't spell "priceless" without I-C-E

Downed powerlines make excellent security systems

A nearby lake can generate waves

Gasoline is a value at any price

Cell phones: Breaking up isn't hard to do

The life blood of any disaster recovery is COFFEE

The need for your dog to go out and take care of business is inversely
proportional to the severity of the storm

Candlelight is better than Botox - it takes years off your appearance

Air conditioning: BEST INVENTION - EVER!

Water is a comfort food, so is 3 day old Cheetos

Shadow animals on the wall is still fun

No matter how hard the wind blows, roadside campaign signs will survive

You should never admit to having power at your house in the presence of
co workers or neighbors who do not

There's a plus to having NOTHING in your refrigerator

Getting through the day should be an Olympic event

The movie theater can be a most pleasant place, even if the feature is
"Alien vs. Predator"

Somebody has it worse

Somebody has it better, and obviously they are getting preferential treatment

May God take care of all who are still in the path of Jeanne.

[b][color=#0000a0]"Pin THE Tarp On The Roof."
[/color][/b][b][color=#0000a0]The players include several men who have been drinking unrefrigerated beer. Also women repeating "Ooh be careful" and kids standing in pools of water playing jump-rope with downed wires. Important equipment is a rickety ladder and almost enough nails. The first house team to keep a tarp on for fifteen consecutive minutes wins. The game is postponed if there is no wind, rain or lightning.

"Hurricane Carnival Game"
The family member that fishes the most lawn furniture out of the swimming pool with slats from a neighbor's recently installed fence or pieces of drainpipe wins.

"Hurricane Monopoly"
Players start out with hotels and houses on any property they own. They lose hotels, houses and any utility companies or railroads if they land on spaces with such designations as you have been struck by "category four wind" or "tidal surge". You get cash for each property you loose.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0000a0]If a player picks up a You Have Been Caught Looting card he goes straight to jail without receiving a FEMA bonus. The player with the most property when the power goes off wins.

"You Haven't Got A Clue Game"
This game is played in a home enclosed with hurricane shutters leaving the players completely uninformed as to what is happening to their property. Regular Clue rules are followed with the additional choice of Mrs. Allstate in a closet with a flashlight.

"Hurricane Tennis"
This is house to house competition. One point is earned for each shingle landing on neighbor's property. Five points are earned by having your Rubbermaid shed go through their window. Ten points are earned if your tree falls on their roof (extra points if over twenty five feet tall). Six points are scored if your boat strikes their house. However if it is still on the trailer you get to go over again. If your boat lands in their pool it is considered out of bounds.

"Spin The Bottle"
This game requires at least one player and a tornado. If the wind blows the bottle in your direction, you get to kiss your ass good bye.[/color][/b]

OK..The "hurricane games" post by Flacrusrs is absolutely the best result of hurricane Meanne Jeanne!!HOW FUNNY WAS THAT :) :)Glad to see you still have a sense of humor after what you've been through. Guess a sense of humor is about the most important thing one can have when faced by dire circumstances. Great post...I agree, you should submit it to be published!!!

[quote name='DoniaG']If there is, I do [b]NOT [/b]want anyone giving me a subscription to it for Christmas! And I especially don't want it for my August birthday!:D Donia[/QUOTE]On the internet, I saw that you can download a pic of hurricane Ivan to your desktop and even order tshirts and posters. I was thinking SHEEEZ, there's NO way I want a reminder staring at me in the face everytime I boot up the computer or a souvenir! LOL. :eek:

Archived