Hurricane Jeanne Information

CruiseFever

Checking in. Jeanne made land fall right over us as a Cat 3.. Don't ever want to go through that again!! We are so fortunate...we stayed at our daughter's and son-in-law's who live just a mile from us. Our houses are strong and we suffered no damage, and we already have electricity and phone service. Outside of our community there is so much destruction....Jeanne finished what Frances started. [B]Thank you, Salty Dawg, for your phone call. [/B] I wasn't able to return your call, but I really appreciated your concern. Now, I CAN'T WAIT until Oct. 31 and sailaway!!

Goodmorning everyone! We are reporting in from Clearwater in the Tampa Bay area....just fine today. However, yesterday, we lost power at 1pm and just got it back. The winds were outrageous and the rain just did not want to stop! We made it through without damage and other than food spoilage we are a-okay. Boy is it hot here with no A.c.
Praying everyone else is okay...the loss of power is the worst in this heat.
Thankfully people are starting to write in that they are fine!
55 days until our cruise!!!! Boy do we need it!
Marci

Sails reporting in from Kissimmee, Fl. Just returned home this morning and like usual, am unpacking, cleaning up debris and my husband is up on the roof patching again! No major damage other than what was done by Charley. Now it's time to concentrate on our upcoming cruise on 10/23!! Glad to see that everyone survived Jeanne.

checking in from No. Central FL here....we lost phone service (which is still out) and power (which was only out for about 4 hours (YAY!) I think Jeanne was stronger than Frances, but she was also a lot quicker so we didn't have to suffer for too long ;)

We have some clean up to do, but I *think* we didn't have any more trees come down so that's great news

Anyone hear from GloriaF yet?

KAJONG...good to hear you're ok.....if you're like me, you're really counting down the days until 10/31 LOL The stress is really getting to me...last week I had to go to the dr for really bad headaches...she says she suspects they're tension headaches from hurricane stress! On the plus side, she did prescribe some great meds LOL

KAJONG...good to hear you're ok.....if you're like me, you're really counting down the days until 10/31 LOL The stress is really getting to me...last week I had to go to the dr for really bad headaches...she says she suspects they're tension headaches from hurricane stress! On the plus side, she did prescribe some great meds LOL[/QUOTE]

Roo -- I went through these 2 storms with a fractured shoulder...I'm a type A personality, so I don't have to tell you how tough it was for me to not be able to do things. But I don't want to complain because I'm seeing so much heartache and tragedy, so this is the extent of my complaints! In spite of all, I really do count my blessings. The Dr. gave me pain killers for my shoulder...they did not work for my shoulder or my psyche!!!!! I'll know it's you when we are standing in line to board by the whooping and hollering "Yippee"...sailaway, sailaway, sailaway!

Yay! Good to know GloriaF is ok..I was very worried about her

KAJONG...I forgot about your shoulder...eek..that cannot be fun. Esp when the pain killers don't work. My doc gave me one med for the headaches and one for the tension that builds up in my neck and shoulders...altho, you know, I think a lime and ginger glow massage would do just as well LOL 33 more days til we hit FLL!

Hi Y'all! Power is back on!! yeah! Has everyone else checked in??

Don't have long for the boards today, all of a sudden I'm in demand as a Realtor, so strike while the iron is hot! I've got a walk-thru prior to closing to do and a condo to show. And I don't have my car back yet -- but I'll work something out.

Thanks for the concern! :D

Based on the information I found on the princess site, it sounds like they just change the ports of call and give you some sort of credit. In addition, if you would prefer, you can get a cruise credit (100%) or a full refund. See [url="http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na701"]http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na701[/url] for an example.

Archived