All Things Freedom of the Seas!

What shows can you prebook for and how far in advance?

Thanks for any help!!

I was able to prebook Marquee, Now You See It, and the Ice Show about 3 months before the sail, then Once upon a time a bit later, probably 1-2 months ahead of time.

Edited by MKESail

I was able to prebook Marquee, Now You See It, and the Ice Show about 3 months before the sail, then Once upon a time a bit later, probably 1-2 months ahead of time.

I am at a loss when you all are talking about pre-booking shows. Do they not have an early seating and second seating show times? Also, asked a question earlier about how to bring pop/water on board? Any help and answers are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

I am at a loss when you all are talking about pre-booking shows. Do they not have an early seating and second seating show times? Also, asked a question earlier about how to bring pop/water on board? Any help and answers are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

On some ships (Oasis/Allure and others) you can prebook your seats for either times online. Go to the RCCI site and look on your booked cruises list and if its offered it'll be there.

For pop/water, just purchase the stuff and leave it in the market bag and take it on with you. Some people check them in roll ons, but we always just slap it down on the scanning belt in the bags and they pass right through.

Haven't cruised RCCL in a few years. Was wondering how to go about bringing our pop/water on board? Do I put it in a hard cooler and send it with luggage? Or do I carry it on with me in a suitecase? Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!

We sent our pop/water with our luggage.

I am at a loss when you all are talking about pre-booking shows. Do they not have an early seating and second seating show times?

I think they only do it for the most popular shows if they thinnk there's a chance of not having enough seats for everyone :confused: But yeah, that's true, they do have early seating and then second seating for a lot of the other shows, like the Welcome Aboard show and Farewell show.

Pre-booking of shows has come about with the advent of the my time dining options now offered. Remember that not every cruise passenger is on either early or late seating anymore, like in the old days. Back then, you could count on half the passengers eating early and half late, so the two show times worked just fine. But today, people are eating the evening meal at lots of different times. Hence, show reservations. This is to try to balance out the seating. Reservations aren't necessarily required, but they let the people without reservations into the theatre just 15 minutes before show time. Make a reservation if you can! Especially, and I mean especially, for the Ice Show. Have a great time on the FOS!

• 2 weeks later...
Does the FOS have anything similar to the Wave phones that they use on DCL? I bellieve I saw that the Allure/Oasis has something similar but not sure about FOS.

Thanks!

Not like Oasis/Allure. I asked Adam Goldstein about it on his "Ask Adam" blog and he said they are looking at rolling them out fleet wide but there is no timetable.

Its still open and try the XO colada best drink ever

I read they have enclosed Boleros that is is now a room also on another thread someone was saying it is smokefree. Have you sailed since the drydock and is it smokefree? Hubby likes to smoke LOL

Tnanks Jenjer for the quick reply. I don't consume alcohol, but love the "virgin coladas". The Mojitos are excellent on RC, the best ones ever tried. have a good day.

OMG I totally love their Mojitos (fully loaded, but I bet they're good and refreshing virgin too (no pun intended...not really:p:p:p))

OMG I totally love their Mojitos (fully loaded, but I bet they're good and refreshing virgin too (no pun intended...not really:p:p:p))

I normally don't drink alcoholic beverages, so I'll have to remember to try a virgin mojito on my next cruise (sounds good!). Love the virgin Piña Coladas!!!!

Hi. I think that some of you are thinking about a virgin frozen drink:p, Ahhh? EastBay and MrsB05 you will love the "mojitos" and because they are free of alcohol you can taste all the lemon flavor and the sugar cane. DELICIOUS!!!!!;)

Not sure if this has been asked, but can you make reservations for the shows on FOS like you do on Oasis or Allure? :confused: Also, is the photo gallery set up like it is on Oasis (everyone has their own album)? Thanks for any info.

Not sure if this has been asked, but can you make reservations for the shows on FOS like you do on Oasis or Allure? :confused:

Yes, reservations can be made for the shows onboard. You can make them in advance using the Pre-Cruise Planner on the Royal Caribbean web site when looking at your reservation when they've opened up reservations for the shows. I don't recall whether you can make reservations after you board. There's a "Planning Event" on the Royal Promenade on Day 1 from 1:30 - 3:00 (according to my Cruise Compass from March), but I don't know whether that's for show reservations or exploring the dining options.

Also, is the photo gallery set up like it is on Oasis (everyone has their own album)? Thanks for any info.

No, not entirely. There aren't the individual folios like on Oasis and Allure. There are computer terminals, however, where you can swipe your SeaPass and order reprints of your photos there. Otherwise, all the pictures are organized by event/activity on the many walls in the photo area and it's time to play the wonderful games of "Where am I?" and "Is this photo mine?".

Edited by Daghis