Trouble w/ NCL Advance Guest Register online

SakeDad

I'm using Windows XP. I can get to all the other pages, including my E-docs page, luggage tag, etc....but when I try to go to the Advance Guest Register page SOMETIMES it will get me to the 1st page where I can put my res # and names but most of the time it never gets that far. If I do get that far it says "searching for reservation" and has never gone beyond that. Freezes then finally says internet page can not be displayed.

How important is it to Pre-register?

Just called Tech Support and they said they usuaaly have problems with Windows Vista but have been having a rash of problem with Windows XP, I'll keep trying but I have a feeling I may need to fill it out at the dock. It's OK, we're there early.

• Administrators

Not for nothing... but... this isn't just a Vista issue. NCL's website is like a time warp into 1995 these days; the site's been slow/bugged/kludgy/non-user-friendly for years and through at least three "major revamps" I can recall... and it continues to be ridiculous. What the OP doesn't know is that once he accesses the online registration pages, he'd better hope he doesn't have a cellphone as his only contact number (as do 17% of Americans, I read last week) -- if you put the same number for home and work the site has a conniption and won't finish your registration. <boggle>

About six months ago NCL hired a new IT guy.... I can't tell that he's made a difference at all in the WORST site among major cruiselines. I take enough flak for being quite happy as a repeat NCL customer without the general public getting the impression of institutionalized incompetence NCL creates every day at their website. :( I wish they'd either empower their new guy, or hire a new web guru, and fix this stuff. :(

I have to agree, Michelle. The tech guy I talked to seemed more like "Gee, this is usually a Vista problem but we are getting a rash of XP now....hope it doesn't continue.":p I did not get the impression he was going to anyone to report it and he certainly wasn't giving any solutions beyond "well, keep trying and you can always fill it out at the dock":mad: What's the point of having on-line registration if it's not going to work for your customers:confused: I used HAL's website last May for everything and it was extremely user friendly and worked very well.

BTW, I'm not some newbie at computers.....I practically live at mine so I know my way around the net.....NCL has MAJOR TECH PROBLEMS!!!

I also had trouble but was able to finish it after trying several times here and there. The problem I had was with my DD's friend's registration. She has a different address and phone # so when I entered her info and then moved on to the next person, it changed all of our addresses. I was able to print it all up as correct, but who knows what's in the system.

I can get to the NCL webpage and other pages from there but I can't get to the Advance Registration page....freezes up and never goes anywhere. Anyone else having probems?

After talking to the tec people, and they told me to take out my cellphone number my windows xp sign in worked fine.

Well, I FINALLY got to the webapge to update info....this time I clicked the calender for the date instead of typing it...seemed to make the difference. But once I updated and clicked "save" it froze again:mad: But at least now I know it's the NCL site and not my settings somehow doing it. I'll keep trying. Also, I think it will be easier to update one pax at a time vs trying to do both at once. NCL site didn't seem to like that either.:cool:

I am using Windows Vista and can't open the advanced Registration window at all. I have been tring for weeks. I was able to sign in to the main site and my e-doc are there for printing but I can't register. I called customer service and they said it is my computer. She said to have my TA do it. I am going to see My TA tomorrow since she has our documents.

It's NOT your computer, it's their website! If I can finally get to the page after trying and trying and trying and trying:mad: then it freezes AGAIN it's not me...it's THEM. Even the IT tech at NCL told me that but apparently they don't care enough to do anything about it. They did say they have problems with Vista (who doesn't, apparently?) but they also are having problems with XP and other operating systems.

Doesn't sour me on NCL cruise, just on their IT Dept. Luckily it's nothing I really NEED before the cruise. Let us know if the TA can do it. I have tried on multiple computers with the same results.

Out of curiosity are all of you who are having problems having everyone in their party do their own registrations? We were on the Pride of Aloha in February, four of us with pretty much the same info - addresses, last name, etc. I had no problem.

For our upcoming cruise I have registered three of us under two reservations, everything is different and again I have had no trouble. I have been the only one accessing the info though.

I hope I don't jinx myself with this posting.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been suffering with this same problem all weekend. I tried a couple of months ago to complete this form - had problems - and was given the same excuse regarding Vista. So I waited until this weekend (and I sail on Saturday) to try it again and once again had problems. So I went to my work computer which runs XP - no change. I called NCL AGAIN and was told I had to clear cookies . . . . which I did while on the phone and it worked. But I got interruped and had to close down . . .. tried again later and won't work again. Even after clearing cookies, etc.

I give up. Very frustrating!!!

After talking to the tec people, and they told me to take out my cellphone number my windows xp sign in worked fine.

Now THAT is a daily funny!

I have always been able to register for our 6 cruises, but did have a problem one time. So, I call into the help desk. Try all lower case he says. It worked.

They must have some real whiz bang programmers down there!

Don't know if this will help anyone or not but I had similar problems when pre-registering.

I was able to pull up the form and fill it out but when I went to save/send it, I got a "website not available" message. I simply clicked the back button on my browser and found that the info I had typed in was still there. I just kept resubmitting over and over and usually or the 4th or 5th try it went through.

I did the registration for our entire group of 12 and although it took a while, I did get them all to eventually go through.

Good luck!

I had a lot of difficulty accessing one of the cabin reservations. One was fine but I kept getting an error message when entering the other number. I ended up calling AA who were a big help. They said they get a LOT of complaints about NCL's website. Finally got through with both this afternoon.

Now that I've filled out the registration docs, is that all I can do other then choose excursions? I cannot remember what was available on RCI's site but it was certainly easier to navigate.

Archived