Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

I just called my TA and they hadn't heard about the Carnival refund of the fuel surcharge. She put me on hold and called Carnival. They told her our refund will be charged to our credit card and will be done by Carnival, not the travel agency. It should show up in 3-4 weeks. Since we are sailing in July it should be a refund to our credit card rather than OBC.

Forgive me if this has been asked.

We booked with a group. They booked early 07 I believe. We didn't book until this early this year. Would we get that refunded because their original price was without the fuel charge, or no because we booked after the Nov. date?

Forgive me if this has been asked.

We booked with a group. They booked early 07 I believe. We didn't book until this early this year. Would we get that refunded because their original price was without the fuel charge, or no because we booked after the Nov. date?

If your group booked X-number of cabins in ealry 2007 and sold you one of the cabins they had already booked then you will probably receive the rebate. If the cabin you booked was an add-on to your group then you probably do not qualify. The best way to find out is to call the TA/PVP handling your group and ask them how your cabin was booked.

I had asked this too, figured it out I think... I went to carnival.com and looked at my booking, I think I clicked on modify booking and there I saw a place for credit, nothing was there yet, but there was a place for what I paid for the cruise, my deposit, my fuel surcharge and than a credit line. But as stated nothing showing up there yet. Hope that helps and if someone knows an easier way let me know :)

Well I guess it'll show up there sooner or later. Hopefully sooner :D

Cindy

I just spoke with Carnival and a lot of the PVPs who take calls are not even aware of the refund. I had to tell the one I spoke with and then she went through her e-mails and found it. Also, I was told that anyone receiving the fuel surcharge refund whose cruise is after June 24, 2008, will get a refund or their balance will be adjusted. It WILL NOT be an OBC. I asked if it could be an OBC and she checked and said that they would not do it that way. It would be refunded to our credit card because we are paid in full. Just thought some might want to know that it will not be an OBC depending on when they cruise and whether they are already paid in full. :rolleyes:

I just spoke with Carnival and a lot of the PVPs who take calls are not even aware of the refund. I had to tell the one I spoke with and then she went through her e-mails and found it. Also, I was told that anyone receiving the fuel surcharge refund whose cruise is after June 24, 2008, will get a refund or their balance will be adjusted. It WILL NOT be an OBC. I asked if it could be an OBC and she checked and said that they would not do it that way. It would be refunded to our credit card because we are paid in full. Just thought some might want to know that it will not be an OBC depending on when they cruise and whether they are already paid in full. :rolleyes:

The PVP I spoke to at 10:00 this morning was well aware of it and told me it was already showing up in my account. That's really all I care about, since I sail in four days.

We cruise in July but I have already paid it off. How will they refund me?

If you owe on your cruise it will be price adjusted. If your cruise is paid in full it will be refunded. Any cruises paid in full booked for June 24, 2008 or later are refunds. They WILL NOT be giving OBC for dates after June 24, 2008. I was also told to start looking for the refund in a week or so. I didn't realize it would be that soon.

Thanks ~ I was curious. I'm sailing in October & already paid in full.

OK truce. But Im sure that not every port in the whole of Mexico and the Caribbean has exactly the same port charge, so it makes no sense to call it a refund of port charges. Port charges are even different depending on how many hours they stay in port, or if they come in early like we did once when the ship left another stormy port.

Having a generic policy of $25 for a missed port is just to make folks fuss less imo...just my opinion.

Again - the term "refund of port charges" was not my phrase - it was stated in my letter from Carnival.

:D i just talked to Carnival about the fuel supplement...I will be receiving a 75.00 OBC for my April 20th sailing.....We had our cruise paid off in January for our April sailing. in February I receivd a letter stating that if I didn't pay the supplement fee we would be denied boarding acess. Of course i paid the fee.

Now that some one some where made some one mad...some of us are receiving OBC's...YEAH:D

I received a fax at 7:44 a.m. today stating "The purpose of this letter is to advise you that Carnival has announced a voluntary refund of the company's fuel supplement for applicable US bookings that were made prior to November 2007 under an agreement with the Floriday Attorney General's Office. The fuel supplement announced November 7, 2007 was applied to all US bookings for voyages departing on or after February 1, 2008. The company will now refund the fuel supplement for those guests who were already booked at the time the supplement was announced. For your cruise, we will automatically adjust your booking to elkiminate the fuel supplement. A booking confirmation will be sent to you to reflect the new final payment amount. We also want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. We are looking forward to providing you with a great cruise experience". Signed --- Lynn C. Torrent, Senior VP Sales and Guest Service.

Since we are cruising in August and have not yet reached final payment I look forward to owing less than expected when final payment does arrive.

WOOHOO !!!!!

Gotcha. More then likely credited to the first two account folios per room.

Not to disagree but I believe they look to see who paid. If it were to be a refund they would be using the last credit card used. Whoever paid for the cruise is the person who they have on file. At least that is how they explained it to me. I was also confused and the PVP explained it. If you are unsure I would say to call Carnival and they should be able to answer your questions.

You are correct about my wording...Let us do this without so many words.

Just saw the report on WFLA 8 news here in Tampa.....

If you booked a cruise on any Carnival line before Nov 7th 2007 and have paid this surcharge on a cruise (that you have already taken)...it will be refunded.

If you are now paid in full for a cruise coming up (noting you deposited before Nov 7th 2007) you will get an OBC.

If you booked ( before Nov 7th 2007) and you have a cruise in the future you will not be charged the fuel surcharge.......

That is as plain as I can make it.

Even after a 6 pak and 2 wines with dinner...LOL....Burp.....:D

Hope this helps.........;) ;)

You left one out. If you booked a cruise before Nov 7, 2007, and are paid in full and are cruising after June 24, 2008, you will get a refund NOT the OBC. How's that. I didn't even have anything to drink. Oh, I'm at work. :o

ok, i have read about rebate, rebate, rebate....

i booked before the date, but i am still in the paying off process. sailing in september. i see the fuel charge on my bill, but i have not yet paid it off.

so....does this just mean i can subtract the $70 off my invoice? PLEASE.

thanks for helping me get less confused?!

michele

It will be deducted for your balance due. No OBC for you.

Yes, the $70 will be removed from your invoice. It may take a day or two but it will be removed.

ETA: When they remove the $70, you can always turn it into an OBC by buying some Carnival bucks to put on your S&S card.

Hadn't thought of that. We don't get the OBC but we are getting the $70 refunded. We are paid in full for September 7, 2008. Great Idea. :D

Fight ? The fight should be against all these oil companies making a killing on gas and giving their CEO $5 million bonuses and making it difficult to drive your car to work. I asked my wife how long would it take to drive my bicycle to work and she thought I was joking. Also, whether we knew about the $70 fuel charge, it still goes back to these oil companies who say "they have to". YEA, Have to give yourself big bonuses..lol

My husband and I are seriously thinking about using horse and buggy this summer. The weather will be pretty. The only problem we will have is where to park the horse while we are at work. Don't think I'm joking. We are really serious about this. :)

My husband and I are seriously thinking about using horse and buggy this summer. The weather will be pretty. The only problem we will have is where to park the horse while we are at work. Don't think I'm joking. We are really serious about this. :)

Obviously you haven't seen the price of feed lately.:eek: It makes the price of gasoline less painful.;)

Archived