Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

Whats that i hear?

Sounds like Ventureman whimpering in a corner somewhere.

This just made my monday!

Oh - this just MADE my Tuesday morning!!!!

That and the fact that I'm getting an extra $70 to spend when I board the ship on Saturday!

It's great news, especially seeing how I sail April 5th!

Just thinking aloud here...I wonder how much in interest Carnival made off that $40 million.

Cindy

However much they made in interest, I'll bet it wasn't enough to cover this expense:

"...also, at the time the fuel supplement was announced, travel agents whose clients had existing reservations were offered $10 per booking in administrative compensation for notifying those clients of the supplement. Those travel agents will still receive the $10 per booking."

I wonder if Carnival will offer the TA's another $10 to handle the refund? ;) :eek: :D

ok, i have read about rebate, rebate, rebate....

i booked before the date, but i am still in the paying off process. sailing in september. i see the fuel charge on my bill, but i have not yet paid it off.

so....does this just mean i can subtract the $70 off my invoice? PLEASE.

thanks for helping me get less confused?!

michele

i booked before the date, but i am still in the paying off process. sailing in september. i see the fuel charge on my bill, but i have not yet paid it off.

michele

Yes, the $70 will be removed from your invoice. It may take a day or two but it will be removed.

ETA: When they remove the $70, you can always turn it into an OBC by buying some Carnival bucks to put on your S&S card.

michele

As long as you booked before Nov 7th and paid your deposit before that date you will get a reduction in price, (not a refund or OBC). They will subtract it from what you used to owe because your cruise is in Sept. 08

michele

Refunds for affected guests will be implemented based on cruise departure date according to the following schedule:

-- For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise.

-- For cruises departing from April 5, 2008 through June 23, 2008, guests will receive an on-board credit.

-- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests' bookings will be adjusted to remove the supplement.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-31-2008/0004783536&EDATE=

Gonna shoot our PVP an e-mail and see what he says, he'll probably refer me to a supervisor, but I don't see where his daughter & her family should get the obc when they never paid for their cabin to begin with, I feel he should get his money back, not them. He's already footed the bill for the airfare round-trip and the cruise for the 4 of them, he should get the break of the credit.

Because the permutations and combinations on how a cruise was payed are almost endless. Quite possibly you booked and paid for the cruise on your CC and the people in the other cabin reimbursed you, in which case they would be entitled to the credit. Odds are you are just going to have to work it out amongst your group.

However much they made in interest, I'll bet it wasn't enough to cover this expense:

"...also, at the time the fuel supplement was announced, travel agents whose clients had existing reservations were offered $10 per booking in administrative compensation for notifying those clients of the supplement. Those travel agents will still receive the $10 per booking."

I wonder if Carnival will offer the TA's another $10 to handle the refund? ;) :eek: :D

I'm no financial wizard by any means, but I'm guessing the hundreds of thousands they made in interest would more than cover the relatively few admin fees they had to dish out. It's all a moot point anyway, I'm happy with getting my OBC!

Cindy

I was waiting to see if this would happen. So right now there is a $50 balance due on our cruise (according to the website). We sail June 16. I'm wondering if I have to pay the $50, then get the $50 OBC, or if they'll just remove the $50 from my balance.

I actually called yesterday to see if I should pay the $50 before the due date of April 17, and was pretty much told to wait-and-see.

I have read too, and not sure this question has been answered (and it is TOO early for me to figure it out for myself0.

I booked our anniversary cruise for next year before the date.

I want to change the dates........ (the dates I wanted were not out yet when I booked the original date).

Will I be charged the fuel supplement to 'change the date'?:o

I have read too, and not sure this question has been answered (and it is TOO early for me to figure it out for myself0.

I want to change the dates........ (the dates I wanted were not out yet when I booked the original date).

Maybe some of the resident TA's will chime in here, but "just changing the date" sounds an awful lot like "making a new reservation, cancelling the old one, and transferring the deposit to the new one".

I would not be optimistic. :(

Maybe some of the resident TA's will chime in here, but "just changing the date" sounds an awful lot like "making a new reservation, cancelling the old one, and transferring the deposit to the new one".

That's what I thought :rolleyes:

Yes, you will pay the supplement. In order to "change the date", the original booking would be cancelled and a new booking made. The new booking would be subject to the fuel surcharge.

This sounds like the correct diagnosis. When you change dates you must accept current pricing ie: even if you want the exact same cabin or cabin category you must pay any difference in fare. It seems to me the fuel surcharge will be included in that difference in fare.

But ch'a neva know...GL :)

Its possible, since if your TA did it the way ours did, you would still have the original booking number and the deposit was made before the date. Id ask your TA for sure. Never hurts to ask. I see everyone says NO, but Id still ask. lol

Its possible, since if your TA did it the way ours did, you would still have the original booking number and the deposit was made before the date. Id ask your TA for sure. Never hurts to ask. I see everyone says NO, but Id still ask. lol

I booked with Carnival. PVP. I will ask when I talk with him.

Thanks. Never hurts to try (and the new date is 200 bucks more a person so it would be NICE)...

I still wonder if Carnival won't get the last laugh out of this.

Doing some thing like have the OBC set as a nonrefundable type. Same kind as the shareholder benefit or booking issued OBC (Not price adjustment).

If it is treated as nonrefundable OBC then Carnival can still win with the money in the end.

Have yet see any statements saying unused OBC from the surcharge would be refunded.

Archived