Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

Here is another stock link, so it is official.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080331/clm289.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Carnival Corporation & plc

Carnival Corporation & plc to Voluntarily Rescind Fuel Supplement for Guests Booked Prior to November 7, 2007

Monday March 31, 6:01 pm ET

MIAMI, March 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has announced a voluntary refund of the company's fuel supplement for applicable U.S. bookings that were made prior to November 7, 2007, under an agreement with the Florida Attorney General's Office.

The fuel supplement, announced November 7, 2007, was applied to all U.S. bookings for voyages departing on or after February 1, 2008, regardless of when the booking was made, for cruises on the Carnival Corporation & plc brands Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. However, this effective date allowed guests already booked at the time of the announcement the opportunity to cancel and receive a full refund.

The company will now refund the fuel supplement for those guests who were already booked at the time the supplement was announced. Refunds for affected guests will be implemented based on cruise departure date according to the following schedule:

-- For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will

receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise.

-- For cruises departing from April 5, 2008 through June 23, 2008, guests

will receive an on-board credit.

-- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests' bookings will

be adjusted to remove the supplement.

The fuel supplement remains in effect for all bookings made on or after November 7, 2007. The $5 per person per day fuel supplement applies only to the first and second guests in a stateroom and will not exceed $70 per person per voyage. Also, at the time the fuel supplement was announced, travel agents whose clients had existing reservations were offered $10 per booking in administrative compensation for notifying those clients of the supplement. Those travel agents will still receive the $10 per booking.

I can't recall if we paid the fuel surcharge on our Thanksgiving cruise in November 2007 - anyone know the date that the charge was implemented?

Thanks!!

All cruises sailing on 2/1/08 or after. So you wouldn't have had to pay it for your Turkey day cruise.

I can't recall if we paid the fuel surcharge on our Thanksgiving cruise in November 2007 - anyone know the date that the charge was implemented?

Thanks!!

Charge was announced Nov 7th, but didnt affect cruises until Feb 1st, 2008. So no, you didn't pay it for your Thanksgiving 2007 cruise. :D

I'm not sure why you needed a stock link to think it's official???

yst347 posted a link to the actual signed agreement on the Florida AG website earlier in this thread. Good work !

The link to Carnival's release of the information might be interesting to some one I thought. The fact that you dont care about the stock doesnt mean no one else would want to read Carnival's press release. Each to his own. Why slam someone else's post??

I was not doubting the information was out there, but wanted to see what Carnival said.

Somehow OBC sounds better than a reduction in cruise fare. :)

Tom

Yes, and thanks to another thread that reminded me about specific drink costs, that OBC will buy me 14.7368 drinks of my favorite Dewar's White Label! :D

We booked 10-16-07 for June 1, 08, 2 rooms. BUT, in Jan we changed our rooms and added a 3rd room for some friends. I wonder if it will go on the original booking for 2 of the rooms, or I am gonna get screwed out of it.

It would be nice to have a little OBC.

Please correct me if I am wrong - but I just checked my booking date for my Dec. Miracle cruise. I booked 9/7/07 - that means I get another credit for that cruise? 3 cruises, 3 fuel refunds. DH will be shocked, cause he constantly makes fun of me for booking so far in advance! Since I did all the work, I think I should keep the rebate. Any opinions? LOL!

I guess that will mean a refund of the $50.00 on the second leg of our Imagination cruise 02-02-08. The first leg was 01-28-08 and was not affected.

We booked the Splendor (4 day) and the Freedom (8 day) on 10/15/07.

Does this mean, even though we have not sailed them yet....because we

booked them before the announcement, we will get the OBC?

We booked the Splendor (4 day) and the Freedom (8 day) on 10/15/07.

Does this mean, even though we have not sailed them yet....because we

booked them before the announcement, we will get the OBC?

As the OP said and Carnival's press release confirms

]-- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests' bookings will

be adjusted to remove the supplement[/b]

As the OP said and Carnival's press release confirms

]-- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests' bookings will

be adjusted to remove the supplement[/b]

That will work also. Thanks so much!!

OBC for 4/6 - 6/23, all others refunded if booked prior to announcement

I've been waitin to hear that...we'll have $50 OBC credit on each of our B2B Imagination cruises and $70 knocked off the price of our Sept cruise...works for me!

The link to Carnival's release of the information might be interesting to some one I thought. The fact that you dont care about the stock doesnt mean no one else would want to read Carnival's press release. Each to his own. Why slam someone else's post??

I was not doubting the information was out there, but wanted to see what Carnival said.

I'm with you. I check the stock page for all my carnival info now. If its on the stock page, I know its for real

jus·tice premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif/ˈdʒʌsthinsp.pngtɪs/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juhs-tis]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1.the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause. 2.rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason. 3.the moral principle determining just conduct. 4.conformity to this principle, as manifested in conduct; just conduct, dealing, or treatment. 5.the administering of deserved punishment or reward. 6.the maintenance or administration of what is just by law, as by judicial or other proceedings.

***Sorry, folks - I just couldn't stop myself. :)

Please correct me if I am wrong - but I just checked my booking date for my Dec. Miracle cruise. I booked 9/7/07 - that means I get another credit for that cruise? 3 cruises, 3 fuel refunds. DH will be shocked, cause he constantly makes fun of me for booking so far in advance! Since I did all the work, I think I should keep the rebate. Any opinions? LOL!

Keep it! Have a massage and pedicure. I have always wanted flowers in my stateroom upon boarding and just ordered them. It's my vacation after all, and the OBC helps me justify the order.

jus·tice premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif/ˈdʒʌsthinsp.pngtɪs/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juhs-tis]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1.the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause. 2.rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason. 3.the moral principle determining just conduct. 4.conformity to this principle, as manifested in conduct; just conduct, dealing, or treatment. 5.the administering of deserved punishment or reward. 6.the maintenance or administration of what is just by law, as by judicial or other proceedings.

***Sorry, folks - I just couldn't stop myself. :)

You crack me up!

Peace, I apologize for offending you. I do care about the market, I just honestly don't understand why an agreement document with Cahill's signature posted on the FL AG's website wasn't "official" enough.

Back to doing the Happy Dance

Archived