Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

jus·tice premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif/ˈdʒʌsthinsp.pngtɪs/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juhs-tis]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1.the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause. 2.rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason. 3.the moral principle determining just conduct. 4.conformity to this principle, as manifested in conduct; just conduct, dealing, or treatment. 5.the administering of deserved punishment or reward. 6.the maintenance or administration of what is just by law, as by judicial or other proceedings.

***Sorry, folks - I just couldn't stop myself. :)

ROFLMAO!!! I love that they said they will voluntarily refund fuel supplements lol!

We cruise in July but I have already paid it off. How will they refund me?

Here is another stock link, so it is official.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080331/clm289.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Carnival Corporation & plc

Carnival Corporation & plc to Voluntarily Rescind Fuel Supplement for Guests Booked Prior to November 7, 2007

Monday March 31, 6:01 pm ET

MIAMI, March 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has announced a voluntary refund of the company's fuel supplement for applicable U.S. bookings that were made prior to November 7, 2007, under an agreement with the Florida Attorney General's Office.

The fuel supplement, announced November 7, 2007, was applied to all U.S. bookings for voyages departing on or after February 1, 2008, regardless of when the booking was made, for cruises on the Carnival Corporation & plc brands Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. However, this effective date allowed guests already booked at the time of the announcement the opportunity to cancel and receive a full refund.

The company will now refund the fuel supplement for those guests who were already booked at the time the supplement was announced. Refunds for affected guests will be implemented based on cruise departure date according to the following schedule:

-- For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will

receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise.

-- For cruises departing from April 5, 2008 through June 23, 2008, guests

will receive an on-board credit.

-- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests' bookings will

be adjusted to remove the supplement.

The fuel supplement remains in effect for all bookings made on or after November 7, 2007. The $5 per person per day fuel supplement applies only to the first and second guests in a stateroom and will not exceed $70 per person per voyage. Also, at the time the fuel supplement was announced, travel agents whose clients had existing reservations were offered $10 per booking in administrative compensation for notifying those clients of the supplement. Those travel agents will still receive the $10 per booking.

We cruise in July but I have already paid it off. How will they refund me?

I thought it was $70 pp?? (8day)

How are you feeling??:)

Looking at your cruise list.. what is an owner's suite? timeshare???:confused:

I thought it was $70 pp?? (8day)

How are you feeling??:)

Looking at your cruise list.. what is an owner's suite? timeshare???:confused:

Are you talking to me? If so an Owner suite is a cabin we had on the explorer. Which by the way, wasn't worth the money..:(

Are you talking to me? If so an Owner suite is a cabin we had on the explorer. Which by the way, wasn't worth the money..:(

I just had visions of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver :D

I was actually responding to Fred, but thanks for the info:)

i have no idea why i quoted you !! LOL long day

Why is it called an owners suite??

I just had visions of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver :D

I was actually responding to Fred, but thanks for the info:)

i have no idea why i quoted you !! LOL long day

Why is it called an owners suite??

Okay now that I answered your question, lol.. Do you happen to know how they would refund my fuel fee if I already paid in full?

Okay now that I answered your question, lol.. Do you happen to know how they would refund my fuel fee if I already paid in full?

LOL!

I am hearing OBC... if you cruised already, a refund to the credit card..

i am trying to find out.. if i hear anything will let you know!:)

Thank you! BD!

Do you think i have to mention this to my TA?

I will use the OBC for the supper club!:D

Shouldn't think so, but I would bring a copy of my invoice with booking date to show on board I was entitiled in case it didn't show on my onboard account.

Sounds like an excellent use for it.

Shouldn't think so, but I would bring a copy of my invoice with booking date to show on board I was entitiled in case it didn't show on my onboard account.

Sounds like an excellent use for it.

Thank you for that suggestion and that is what i will do.. OMG Imagine the line at the pursors desk!

Thank you for that suggestion and that is what i will do.. OMG Imagine the line at the pursors desk!

Probably real long this weekend, should calm down over time though as everything get moved through the system. I'm kind of surprised Carnival is offering OBC for this weekend.

Yes, and thanks to another thread that reminded me about specific drink costs, that OBC will buy me 14.7368 drinks of my favorite Dewar's White Label! :D

I like your way of thinking! Is that single or double?:D We should have a $140 credit on our credit card for our Valor cruise back in February.

Probably real long this weekend, should calm down over time though as everything get moved through the system. I'm kind of surprised Carnival is offering OBC for this weekend.

Why whats this weekend? first round of refunds?

First round of OBC, everyone before gets a refund. Everyone after June 24 (basically those who haven't made final payment) get an invoice adjustment.

Got it.. thanks!:)

Just checked the invoice 2 $40/add ons...

I cruise in two weeks and I am picking up my docs tomorrow from my TA.

Can I find out from the Carnival website if I have an OBC:confused:

Can I call Carnival with my booking number and they will tell me:confused:

Do I have to have my TA call Carnival and ask for me:confused:

Thanks

great news! thank you for posting this, paul.

question: has anyone gotten it knocked off yet?

i just called my guy at carnival. i booked my miracle cruise (2 cabins) in april 2007 so, i was hit with this retroactive fuel surcharge to the tune of $160 ($80 each cabin).

he indicated that the adjustments are being handled by a separate department and that it will show up on my bookings -- it could take one or two days or, it cld take a week. he was not sure at this point since this has all just occurred.

in any event, he advised that he will generate new invoices showing a new balance due less the $160, as soon as they are reflected in the computer.

sounds fair enough to me, but i am curious all the same if anyone's pvp/cvs went into their booking and adjusted it on the spot.

I cruise in two weeks and I am picking up my docs tomorrow from my TA.

Can I find out from the Carnival website if I have an OBC:confused:

Can I call Carnival with my booking number and they will tell me:confused:

Do I have to have my TA call Carnival and ask for me:confused:

Thanks

If you check your online e-docs it will say on one of the pages if you have an OBC or not. When I checked mine just a bit ago I hadn't gotten my OBC yet, but I'm sure it will be on there in a few days.

Archived