Ardastra Gardens & Zoo

Giorgi-one

Has anyone been to Ardastra Gardens & Zoo in Nassau. Looks really nice from the info I obtained on the Internet. Not interested in Ship Excursion which spends only about one hour at Ardastra. Any suggestions on getting there, quality of exhibits and time required to see everything.

We went Sept. 2003. It is a lovely garden and zoo area. The Marching Pink Flamingos are wonderful. It took us about an hour to wander around and see all of the exhibits before the Marching Flamingo show. There is a very small gift type shop and outside they have beautiful parrots on perches. We took pics with them. The flamingos aren't really "caged" and there were signs indicating "Flamingo Crossing". September was very hot and humid, so we didn't stay long. They offered to stamp our hand to return later in the day, but we didn't go back. We were on a land vacation so we just took the bus from our hotel and back.

They charge $20 for admission, transportation, and a free t-shirt. Admission itself isn't posted on their web site. Fodors reports the admission at $12. Frommers reports it at $12 for adults; $6 for children.

• 7 years later...

A FREE t shirt was mentioned. My husband & I booked our excursion to Ardastra through Carnival. Do you know if we will get FREE t shirts? That would be cool!

Can't wait to see this place. Also will we be allowed to use our camera?

Terri from TN

A FREE t shirt was mentioned. My husband & I booked our excursion to Ardastra through Carnival. Do you know if we will get FREE t shirts? That would be cool!

Can't wait to see this place. Also will we be allowed to use our camera?

Terri from TN

Camera's are a must.. many photo ops.. the orchids are gorgeous..

They charge $20 for admission, transportation, and a free t-shirt. Admission itself isn't posted on their web site. Fodors reports the admission at $12. Frommers reports it at $12 for adults; $6 for children.

Is the current price the same as listed above?

• 2 weeks later...
Scubagirrl,

Someone mentioned this in a recent post: "If you go, grab maps from the tourist info center, there are $2 off coupons in there"

Do you know where this Tourist Info Center is? Next to Ardastra?

Thanks!

These maps are everywhere.. you got thru the tourist center as you exit the port.

The coupons change every month or so. Depends who has purchased advertising that month

I'd grab a map regardless, but don't count on a useable coupon.

We were just there on Saturday and the maps did have the coupon, however, you need one per person! We just grabbed one map thinking the $2 off was good for all of us, but no, we should have grabbed 3 since we only got the $2 off one admission. We really enjoyed the zoo, spent about 2 hours or so there.

We walked to McDonalds and caught the #10 bus for $1.25 a person just tell them you want to go to the zoo, they drop you off my the main road. Bonus, we went to McDonalds to grab a drink and discovered free Internet so checked emails real quick.

That's interesting. Did you bring your tablet or laptop with you for the day?

We walked to McDonalds and caught the #10 bus for $1.25 a person just tell them you want to go to the zoo, they drop you off my the main road. Bonus, we went to McDonalds to grab a drink and discovered free Internet so checked emails real quick.

Thanks for the added info about free Internet access at the McDonalds!

How far was the walk to McDonalds? How long did you spend at the Zoo?

Archived