*******upgraded To Balcony????*******

Skyev21

Does anyone know how to get an upgrade from an OV to Balcony? Been trying for several weeks & they're all gone. Hoping someone cancels but in checking everyday, nothing yet.

If there's any 'tricks' on getting an upgrade (maybe even at check in time), I'd love to know?

This is our first cruise with Carnival & first 7 night cruise, too!

So, I'd love to enjoy a champagne toast (naked, lol) at sunset, overlooking the water from our private balcony!

I'm hoping to somehow get this upgrade so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks & BON VOYAGE!!!

If you book a OV guarantee you stand a slight chance of them upgrading you.You can also check with the pursers desk once onboard, but they will probably tell you that there are no upgrades available. I think that is to cut down on the throngs of people at the pursers desk on the first day. Maybe stop by that afternoon once the ship is underway. Booking with a TA can sometimes help. They can usually get you an upgrade, but it is almost always within the same category.

Does anyone know how to get an upgrade from an OV to Balcony? Been trying for several weeks & they're all gone. Hoping someone cancels but in checking everyday, nothing yet.

How exactly are you trying. Are you trying to buy up?

Did you book a particular room or an OV guarantee? The easiest way for an upgrade is booking a guarantee room. As you cruise this week-end, check onboard or at check-in to see about an upgrade. The only guarantee way is to pay the difference once you arrive. Smooth sailing.:cool:

Did you book a particular room or an OV guarantee? The easiest way for an upgrade is booking a guarantee room. As you cruise this week-end, check onboard or at check-in to see about an upgrade. The only guarantee way is to pay the difference once you arrive. Smooth sailing.:cool:

It's a particular room because it was bigger than the standard OV cabins.

Yes, upgrade & just pay the $1k difference, so I thought. But still no luck.

Oh well, better luck next time.

Thanks for the advise.

Since you are taliking about and upsell, you may want to still check with your TA or PVP and see if they waitlist for upgrades. It's only a couple of days till your cruise but there still may be some last minute cancellations.

Just a thought,

Charlie

************No**************

************LMAO*************:p

Best to book the min cat cabin you'll be happy with. When did you book? Could you not afford the balcony then but can now?

************LMAO*************:p

Best to book the min cat cabin you'll be happy with. When did you book? Could you not afford the balcony then but can now?

Unfortunately, they didn't have anything mid ship or any balconies left when I booked it, about a month ago. I had requested it, trust me.

My husband & I went on RCCL for 4 days & thought it was over way too fast! So, when we got home we immediately booked this trip.

LMAO @ your comment about not having enough money to upgrade!

Since you are taliking about and upsell, you may want to still check with your TA or PVP and see if they waitlist for upgrades. It's only a couple of days till your cruise but there still may be some last minute cancellations.

Just a thought,

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie but I've been trying. There's nothing like that balcony! U just never go back! lol

It's a particular room because it was bigger than the standard OV cabins.

Its bigger because its a handicapped cabin. I thought Carnival put you in the cabin, didnt realize you choose it on purpose. As I said before the beds might not push together and the view is of a wall. Id take a regular OV instead of this one. Leave it for a HC person.

Its bigger because its a handicapped cabin. I thought Carnival put you in the cabin, didnt realize you choose it on purpose. As I said before the beds might not push together and the view is of a wall. Id take a regular OV instead of this one. Leave it for a HC person.

The TA basically said had no other choice. It was either this room or an inside cabin on a very low deck.

I had no idea it was a HC room or a wall view!

Gotta look into it.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, they didn't have anything mid ship or any balconies left when I booked it, about a month ago. I had requested it, trust me.

My husband & I went on RCCL for 4 days & thought it was over way too fast! So, when we got home we immediately booked this trip.

LMAO @ your comment about not having enough money to upgrade!

Well I guess beggers can't be choosers when you book that late :p

Agree...4 days would be like 2 beers...just enough to piss you off:cool:

Read it again...I did not say that. I said "could not afford then, but could now" There are people that are in that situation ya know...especially this time of year...tax return and all that... Was a legit question ;)

Well I guess beggers can't be choosers when you book that late :p

Agree...4 days would be like 2 beers...just enough to piss you off:cool:

Read it again...I did not say that. I said "could not afford then, but could now" There are people that are in that situation ya know...especially this time of year...tax return and all that... Was a legit question ;)

Didn't know I needed to book a year in advance to secure a balcony stateroom? Guess I understand it now.

Besides after doing some research, I'm very happy with the info I've received regarding the very large size, quietness, etc.

I can't imagine why Carnival didnt just waitlist you for a balcony cabin. Keep checking, you never know when someone may cancel. Good luck.

Hello,

I am on their wait list, so it's just the luck of the draw. I'll be fine in ours but it's just any hotel, I love to have balconies! I'm just happy to be on this cruise! Wooo-weee!

I've been checking everyday, trust me! lol!

Thanks

Hello,

I am on their wait list, so it's just the luck of the draw. I'll be fine in ours but it's just any hotel, I love to have balconies! I'm just happy to be on this cruise! Wooo-weee!

I've been checking everyday, trust me! lol!

Thanks

I thought you said you didnt want to pay the $1,000 to upgrade, now you will. Hope one opens up, but if you are about to leave, hmmmm good luck.

I thought you said you didnt want to pay the $1,000 to upgrade, now you will. Hope one opens up, but if you are about to leave, hmmmm good luck.

I would've had they been available at time of purchase and will if one does open up? However, the more I read about my cabin, the more I like it. Just gotta wait & see what happens.

I seriously doubt it. No biggie.;)

Archived