I am jumping ships!!!

poodlemom396

I am booking my families Xmas Cruise this year with Royal Caribbean instead of Carnival. What are the differences anyone has noticed when changing from Carnival to Royal Caribbean?

I'm a jumper too!!!!! But I'm jumping right back.

After eight Carnival Cruises I did my first RCI a month ago on the Liberty.

The only better marks I would give RCI is that there employees are very well trained ....they actually anticipate your needs and the ships are nicer.

On RCI the shows are down right awful, the piano bar is lame, the deck music is pitiful and the food is just ok. I did both specialty restaurants on the Liberty and Carnivals specialty restaurants are not even in the same class RCI's....Carnivals specialty restaurants are superb, again on RCI the only thing the specialty restaurant had going for it were the employees.

With that said these are things I don't really need thus RCI is not worth the extra money.

Hey........its only another opinion:D

Room size I'm on a cruise who cares!!! I am still in Iraq living in a very small space (way smaller than a cabin and the bathroom is down the road) I would cruise in a closet in a heart beat!!!

God bless you and keep you safe to get home so you can cruise. :)

You are indeed correct. The insides are 160 sq ft. Trying to make the point for RCI and shot myself in the foot.

My apologies for the misinformation.

Bill

I am the only one on CC who seems to like OVs. We paid about $80 to upgrade to a OV on the SOV, this upgrade was free. We have one upgrade coming from inside to outside on Voyager that I can get with my RCL VISA points. You can get a upgrade or use the same points to get $150 OBC. I like the extra space of a OV over and above the fact that you can see out.

Thats why I try and know about cabins with windows and know them more than balcony cabins. I like the RCL VISA more than the Carnival card benefits. One point to RCL on that one.

Someone mentioned the outside BBQ on RCL. We enjoyed that twice last RCL cruise, but I only made nachoes with real guacamole and sour cream, but it was still handy as we were already sitting out at the pool.

I believe in trying them all.....but I always come back to Carnival! Carnival gives the little extras like bath robes..(even though I don't use them),,and basket of goodies in the bathroom. Royal carribean does not...you can earn the bathrobes after being a repeat cruiser with them. We tried the legend of the seas...beautiful ship, but food was not...I believe they got a deal on salmon and broccoli....it was every where, every meal...even breakfast! Costa had excellent food as did norwegian. I would like to try RC Freedom of the seas though, we watched it being built on the travel channel...other than that...we are thru experimenting....and sticking with Carnival!

I do it so cruising doesn't become humdrum. I like the differences I find on RCCL. But I miss the fun and the good food when I leave Carnival. And the staterooms.

Having a child, I also like the pools on RCCL better, but miss the Carnival slide.

But not enough to not have a good time!

I'm a jumper too!!!!! But I'm jumping right back.

After eight Carnival Cruises I did my first RCI a month ago on the Liberty.

The only better marks I would give RCI is that there employees are very well trained ....they actually anticipate your needs and the ships are nicer.

On RCI the shows are down right awful, the piano bar is lame, the deck music is pitiful and the food is just ok. I did both specialty restaurants on the Liberty and Carnivals specialty restaurants are not even in the same class RCI's....Carnivals specialty restaurants are superb, again on RCI the only thing the specialty restaurant had going for it were the employees.

With that said these are things I don't really need thus RCI is not worth the extra money.

Hey........its only another opinion:D

OK then, I have a question...my buddy (who will cruise on Carnival) says there IS a difference ,if one can appreciate it, on RCI. Like marble public restrooms vs. just tile like wall coverings on Carnival.

He said the room service on RCI was great. He said you could order anything , anytime...steak at 2am, etc..

The ships are also very beautiful

However, Carnival beds, carnival room size, and especially the bathroom size impressed him and his wife.

Well we like to eat with others on the Lido or dining areas...not on a tiny table in the cabin or an even smaller one on the balcony.

Now their price at RCI seems to be generally about one third again as much as Carnival. I'm not sure all the above is worth it. Any opinion?

OK then, I have a question...my buddy (who will cruise on Carnival) says there IS a difference ,if one can appreciate it, on RCI. Like marble public restrooms vs. just tile like wall coverings on Carnival. Any opinion?

I was on voyager this spring. The bathrooms were beautiful. That being said they had something very slick on the marble floors that was too slippery. One very odd thing in the women's bathroom next to the Lido and speciality restaurant, the rest room was strange. The toilet paper holders were on the back wall??!!! As they had hygienge thingees on the side, obviously they could attach stuff to the sides of the stall I was thinking. Maybe Im just getting old but how do you reach behind you on the wall while you are facing forward? Im not that limber. wierd design. I was betting a man did that. lol

RCL ships are drop dead gorgeous. I thought so anyway. I dont know that you can order anything you want or not on room service. The cafe in the promenade was right up the stairs from our cabin and we would go up there for cookies at night. They also have pastries and sandwiches and pizza that that is better than from the buffet. Better desserts there too. I loved the clear backs of all the elevators on both ends of the ships all the way up and down you could look out as you rode the elevators, not just a few decks like on Princess. Ill be on Conquest in a few months to compare that ship.

OK then, I have a question...my buddy (who will cruise on Carnival) says there IS a difference ,if one can appreciate it, on RCI. Like marble public restrooms vs. just tile like wall coverings on Carnival.

He said the room service on RCI was great. He said you could order anything , anytime...steak at 2am, etc..

The ships are also very beautiful

However, Carnival beds, carnival room size, and especially the bathroom size impressed him and his wife.

Well we like to eat with others on the Lido or dining areas...not on a tiny table in the cabin or an even smaller one on the balcony.

Now their price at RCI seems to be generally about one third again as much as Carnival. I'm not sure all the above is worth it. Any opinion?

There is a noticeable difference on every cruiseline. I would suggest trying it for yourself rather then get opinions on these boards........

I don't know if you have or not, but I'd suggest getting opinions over on the RCI board as well. There are many people on both boards who have sailed both lines... but as can be expected, over here you'll find more people who actively prefer Carnival and more people over there who actively prefer RCI.

It's not the line with me as much as the ship and itinerary. Carnival has an itinerary I like for next April (Southern Caribbean). But I don't want the ship (Victory). Seems as if I was spoiled on the Liberty as the Victory has no supper club and that was a highlight of my cruise. I may do a Princess cruise that week or possibly RCCL.

Archived