Navigator Category F or E

Does any one have any positive / negative comments about category F on decks 8 or 9. Deck nine has the resturant above and deck eight has the show lounge below.

Category E is on six and seven.

Anyone have good or bad comments about certain suite numbers?

We sailed on her a few years ago and have over 75 days with Regent, but once you sail so much you start to loss track of cabin and suite numbers.

Thanks

I'm only at 59 days, so you've got me beat, although we'll be up to 73 in late December!

We were in an E, 629 about a year and a half ago. It was very nice. I might have preferred up the corridor a couple of cabins (because of a delivery door across the hall), but really it didn't bother us at all, there was no noise or anything, and we were very close to everything.

We really enjoyed the balcony--I love sitting while we're at sea watching the water go by. On the other hand, if you're up higher, you can see more from your balcony when you're in port.

Another consideration is movement--Navigator can rock and roll, so if you're sensitive to that, you might want to be lower.

Thanks Wendy!

We were on the Navigator in very rough seas that the Compass Rose staff had trouble keeping the food on the tables and the waves were higher than the dining room windows. That was on a caribbean cruise.

We would have more than 100 days with Regent but we got bumped a few years ago for a charter of the Voyager and this year the Voyager is going into dry dock. We also got bumped from the Diamond when they let her go. She was such a pretty ship, expecially the dining room.

Our TA would not book us in a "F" cabin aboard the Navigator.

Would book us a "H" "G" or "E".

All because of location, negative comments by some, etc.

So we are in a "E" for our March 11th 2009 cruise.

Just reviewed the decks, 718 - 729 looked good, a bit forward and low (E) suites. We love the Navigator even though we have heard severe vibration and movement stories (we did not experience either on our sailing last year). Just in case the seas become rough, being low and mid-ship (slightly forward) seems to be the calmest areas.

If I remember correctly, "F" suites on deck 8 are aft. . . we were mid-ship on 8. . . my personal preference would be to take deck 7 mid-ship.

Starboard or port choices are personal preference. We prefer port for Baltic and Carribean -- some people enjoy being on the side of the ship that docks -- watching people, etc. I found it noisy and prefer looking at at sea. For destinations where they use tenders, it doesn't make any difference.

We loved the tender under as well. We sailed her in the Med. We only had 100 passengers on board so we all got upgrades. I miss that ship. Walk into the bridge and have champagne while the captain docked the ship. Being joined everynight in the dining room by an officer.

From your comments, perhaps the decision to accept the Category F suite, aft on Deck nine was a mistake. Initially booked category H on the Discovery Collection this fall with waitlisted balcony. Notified category F cleared. Could not imagine 71 nights without a balcony. Hope there are no regrets.

Bonnie

San Antonio

From your comments, perhaps the decision to accept the Category F suite, aft on Deck nine was a mistake. Initially booked category H on the Discovery Collection this fall with waitlisted balcony. Notified category F cleared. Could not imagine 71 nights without a balcony. Hope there are no regrets.

Bonnie

San Antonio

We have sailed Cat. F on deck 9 (aft) and had no issues whatsoever with that area. We wouldn't hesitate to book there again. Enjoy your cruise and your balcony.:)

We've been on the Navigator several times; Always on Deck 6 or 7 - never been unhappy - the location for those suites is excellent; We did a suite without a balcony on one sailing and it was perfectly acceptable.

We hope to be on her again in the next year or so.

The cabin choices you have on deck 7 are very good options. I prefer deck 6, balcony, simply because of the convenience of being close to the Navigator lounge and library. But I've also been on 7 and been quite happy. Personally, I wouldn't go any higher. I was in 801 in smooth seas and felt the motion. I'm not sensitive to it, but felt a distinct difference between 601 and 801.

The vibration on the Navigator is quite unpredictable. On the recent crossing we had the wine tasting in the 11th floor lounge, and looking across the tables you could see significantly different motion even between glasses on the same table. On one table, 7 glasses were motionless while the 8th vibrated and sloshed wine!

JoAnne B

Houston

We have been quite pleased with the odd-numbered suites on deck six. These are balcony suites, in contrast to the even-numbered suites on deck 6 which have the view of a crew walkway. I don't know the category designation of the odd-numbered deck six suites, as I have seen them shown both as "E" and "F". Whatever category these suites are in, the do provide a smoth, quiet, and vibration-free ride.

Yes, I have looked further, and have confirmed that the odd-numbered balcony suites on deck six are "Category E." They used to be "F" until a couple of years ago, when Regent decided they were just too good to sell at "F" rates.

These suites are toward the bow (not the stern), and are relatively low on the ship. The only problem of which I have heard about any of these suites is that the ones closest to the bow can get some "anchor noise."

We did not get the word and booked an F. Hope it all turns out well as the ship is full (Waitlist only). I asked a question earlier on this board about our room assignment and god mixed answers - some good and some bad.

Mark & Phyllis

Even "F" category on the Navigator will be enjoyable. As I mentioned in my review of the ship last year, I had difficulty finding any vibration -- anywhere. Hopefully you will have a smooth sailing. . . if there is a bit of vibration, just think of it as the ship humming you to sleep.......:)

I see from our cruise records that we were also in a Category "F" suite on the Navigator/Alaska, 2002. It was on deck 7, according to the records. Very little vibration in the suite. Just an occasional "thump, thump, thump" which I could feel through my feet on the marble bathroom floor, but not in the carpeted suite floor. My wife couldn't feel anything at all, and what I felt (or believe I felt) was indeed very minor.

Archived