:mad:

1. We can't apply for RCI Visa Credit Card

2. We can't enter Genesis naming contest

3. Now we can't register for Royal Connect Programme

Why can't we do anything!!!

You forgot ...

4. We can't access our C&A online

5. We can't get military discounts

Anyone else like to add some more to the list ?

Sorry but this makes me sooo mad.:mad:

I have no idea at all as to the real reasons but if I were to venture a guess I would say it might have something to do with international trade and commerce regulations? Just a guess... I really do not know.

:mad:

1. We can't apply for RCI Visa Credit Card

2. We can't enter Genesis naming contest

3. Now we can't register for Royal Connect Programme

Why can't we do anything!!!

Uh...check the amount of cruises that are available to you now without flying across the pond.:)

Now, I know how you all felt flying farther west!:D

I always get annoyed at things like this. I am a hairdresser and meet people every day. Over on wakelover place we discuss this type of thing all the time. I enjoy talking with people, and discussing how they should have their hair shaped. My friend Wendy always lets me arrange her hair on our cruises together. I will talk with Wendy tonight about this Royal caribbean thing of not allowing british people on their ships. I was on a royal caribbean ship once. is was called the legend of the seas. Imagine, a company not allowing british passengers. I am scottish and british. I am also a hairdresser. Wait until my friend Wendy hears this nonsence. She will be really mad.:(

? :confused:

I always get annoyed at things like this. I am a hairdresser and meet people every day. Over on wakelover place we discuss this type of thing all the time. I enjoy talking with people, and discussing how they should have their hair shaped. My friend Wendy always lets me arrange her hair on our cruises together. I will talk with Wendy tonight about this Royal caribbean thing of not allowing british people on their ships. I was on a royal caribbean ship once. is was called the legend of the seas. Imagine, a company not allowing british passengers. I am scottish and british. I am also a hairdresser. Wait until my friend Wendy hears this nonsence. She will be really mad.:(

I think you might of misunderstood, RCI aren't stopping British people cruising they just aren't entitling us to as much benefits as our North American cousins

I just got off the phone with my friend Wendy. She was really mad when i said that Royal Caribbean would not allow British people on their ships. :( Then i read the answers above and phoned wendy to tell her about Royal Caribbean changing their minds. :D Wendy was so happy.

Seriously, you shouldn't even ride a bus much less cruising.

:cool:

I just got off the phone with my friend Wendy. She was really mad when i said that Royal Caribbean would not allow British people on their ships. :( Then i read the answers above and phoned wendy to tell her about Royal Caribbean changing their minds. :D Wendy was so happy.

Uh Oh... I think someone's train of thought derailed!

Who cares? Honestly people get a grip! If you don't like the way RCI operates here in the UK I'm sure no one would mind if you started taking package holidays to Lanzarote insted!

Do you hear the Americans whinging that their sea pass bills and cruises are about twice the price of what we pay (in relative terms)?

Who cares? Honestly people get a grip! If you don't like the way RCI operates here in the UK I'm sure no one would mind if you started taking package holidays to Lanzarote insted!

Do you hear the Americans whinging that their sea pass bills and cruises are about twice the price of what we pay (in relative terms)?

Well I certainly dont have to "get a grip" :eek:

By the way actually our friends aross the pond dont pay double what we pay...they normally get their cruises for $100 a night approx....and we pay £100 a night...not that that actually has anything to do with the thread.

Well we've booked our next cruise through a US based Travel Agent and paid in dollars precisely for the reason that it's cheaper to book and pay for a cruise in the US than it is to do so here in the UK. It's us in the UK that get ripped off and pay over the odds for virtually everything.

It must be a terrible shock for overseas visitors to come to Britain and find out how expensive everything is and how shoddy the services and facilities are in comparison to what they get at home.

Unfortunately RCI aren't the only US based cruise line to stop anyone outside the US from accessing certain perks etc.

I have found one, however, that allow absolutely everyone to enter competitions, get access to perks and so forth. Part of the CCL group, no less....and no I don't mean Cunard, P&O or Princess.

Costa do allow all nationalities to enter everything and access all parts of their website, perks and all :)

Personally I feel that if a cruise line wants to call itself truly 'international' then it should open all of its facilities, competitions and perks to a fully international customer base and not just limit things to home turf. At the end of the day they need backsides on sun loungers and if RCI etc continue to insist on blocking certain areas of their product to other countries outside of the US, well they will inevitably alienate those customers and also those who might be customers in the future.

JMO :o

Well we've booked our next cruise through a US based Travel Agent and paid in dollars precisely for the reason that it's cheaper to book and pay for a cruise in the US than it is to do so here in the UK. It's us in the UK that get ripped off and pay over the odds for virtually everything.

It must be a terrible shock for overseas visitors to come to Britain and find out how expensive everything is and how shoddy the services and facilities are in comparison to what they get at home.

Any chance you could email me and let me know where / how to go about this please? fayegray007 at hotmail dot com

Thanks

Faye

Received an email from RCI this morning telling me the C&A discount coupons were available with a link to access them. Be still my beating heart!! Hurrah and huzzah, a US bonus for UK based me! Of course when you click on the link it's a big no no!! The usual story (been hearing it for years now) about how they are striving to incorporate their international guests into the C&A bonus programs etc etc etc:(

We are sailing on the Brilliance on the 7th December (booked through a US TA) and a coupon would have been SO nice...........

Sue

• Administrators
You forgot ...

4. We can't access our C&A online

5. We can't get military discounts

Anyone else like to add some more to the list ?

Sorry but this makes me sooo mad.:mad:

Not to be snarky but Cruise Critic welcomes you all with open arms , AND we even created an entire new website just for you folks: http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Not to be snarky but Cruise Critic welcomes you all with open arms <G>, AND we even created an entire new website just for you folks: http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Laura, with all due respect, boards like these should be multinational...not one for UK, one for US and so forth.

Regardless of where the members hail from, the board should always be open to all and no-one should ever be made to feel unwanted...even if it is inadvertantly done.

Boards like this and others in the cruise sector (for example) bring together people from many walks of life who share their own experiences and splitting them into UK, US etc is such a shame cos we can all learn something from each other and how different countries view different things.

The inherent danger of splitting sites or making 'new' offshoots is that you can easily alienate your target audience...for example, a Brit wanting to know about a US port would naturally look on this site, and chances are they will get the answer they desire. Having the redirect to the UK site can be seen as 'we don't want you here'. Now I am not saying that is the case, but the perception is there.

In the same way that the US cruise lines are blocking all countries except the US for certain perks, competition etc is also putting up barriers where there really should be none.

We here in the UK/Europe are now getting the bigger ships...yet we who fill those bigger ships cannot play or enjoy the same things as the US citizens can just by virtue of the fact that we don't have a US zip code.

It is a form of segregation and discrimination...albeit fairly loosely.

It is a shame that the cruise line behave in this way and when I discovered that CC was to have a UK variant I was dismayed, cos that flies in the face of what these boards are all about...several thousand cruisers from all corners of the world being together in one place with a single love of cruising and somewhere to share their experiences, likes and dislikes without feeling pushed out as many are by the cruise lines who call themselves international but who in essence really aren't at all.

Not to be snarky but Cruise Critic welcomes you all with open arms <G>, AND we even created an entire new website just for you folks: http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk

Laura -

Im sure Donna will be thrilled to hear that, you never know, she might even get her friend Wendy to fix your hair on formal night :D :D :D

What is Royal Connect?

I think its a website/forum created by RCCL for Crown & Anchor members, so they can get together, chat, discuss all things cruise related etc you have to be in the US to access it though - I wonder if Canadians will have access? :confused:

Archived