Using Future Cruise Credits

Snowbird

As someone who has cruised with Princess 7 times (to be 8 in November), I have never purchased a FCC onboard. Other than a reduced deposit, what is the advantage of using a FCC on a 7-day or less cruise? Doesn't the on-board credit just equal the amount that you originally paid for the FCC while on board? It would seem that it is only a good deal if you cruise for 10 days or longer since you can then use one FCC that you paid $100 for and receive a $200 on-board credit if you are traveling double. Correct?

Kathy

You do get shipboard credit depending on the length of sailing and type of stateroom. But the FCC is the deposit and subtracted from the final payment. So, it is like getting your deposit money back in shipboard credit, which in turn lowers the price of the cruise when you add in the credit you have to spend onboard. Which, for us, is like having our minimum gratuities paid up front.

Can anyone clarify what happens if you decide to cancel the booking made -do you get to reuse the credits or does princess just reinburse back the cash??:o

This is not an unlimited oppurtunity to keep donig this though, you will eventually loose it if it is abused. :)

This is not an unlimited oppurtunity to keep donig this though, you will eventually loose it if it is abused. :)

If I am not mistaken, this cancelling using an FCC is good for one time when it can be returned to your captain's circle account, and if you cancel the second time, the FCC cost is credited back to you and you loose the FCC. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong here! ;)

If I am not mistaken, this cancelling using an FCC is good for one time when it can be returned to your captain's circle account, and if you cancel the second time, the FCC cost is credited back to you and you loose the FCC. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong here! ;)

That is what I have always heard as well. Cancel one time, the second time it is refunded to you.

Mike:)

As someone who has cruised with Princess 7 times (to be 8 in November), I have never purchased a FCC onboard. Other than a reduced deposit, what is the advantage of using a FCC on a 7-day or less cruise? Doesn't the on-board credit just equal the amount that you originally paid for the FCC while on board? It would seem that it is only a good deal if you cruise for 10 days or longer since you can then use one FCC that you paid $100 for and receive a $200 on-board credit if you are traveling double. Correct?
The other benefit is that with Princess' new policy of 30% of the total cruise price down as a deposit, the $100 FCC used as a deposit is always less than what you would have to put down without it. If you're booking last-minute cruises, that's not a big deal. But if you're booking cruises 1 - 2 years out as I do, that can add up to serious money that is on account with Princess rather than in your pocket or earning interest.

If we book directly with Princess, and then find a TA that is $400 per person cheaper than Princess--- when we transfer the booking, do we keep the same cabin assignment and receive the reduced price that the TA is offering online??? Thanx for any information on this.

I have done this twice recently. Just specify you want to keep the same cabin. Contact the on-line TA to see if they will take care of the transfer for you or if you need to fax authorization to Princess to release and transfer the booking.

I am a message board novice, so I ask for your patience! As I specifically looked to Cruise Critic for recent information regarding the Future Cruise Deposit (which the Cruise Consultant on the May 17th sailing of the Diamond insisted I call it), I was please to see this recent post.

This cruise was booked using 1 FCC and an additional $100 deposit for my DH. We both received $50 OBC. When discussing my purchase of FCC's, she insisted that, not only was the OBC to the second party a loophole currently being closed, but that the second passenger would have to pay the full deposit, not $100. Actually, I was very frustrated, and confused about the deposit information but I am certain she said that the $100 was not accurate unless the second person also used a FCC. Her response to the details of my current booking was, "You were just lucky."

I wonder if a call to Princess would clear up anything. I have found different calls for the same issue result in different answers.

By the way, the trip was wonderful! Sorry if I rambled!

Until they change the language on the FCC confirmation letter, the OBC will be for the first 2 passengers with at least one of them, using the FCC to book the cruise.

The Future Booking desk rep always always tells you both must purchase the FCC. However, in practice, as confirmed by many posters, you dont need to use both FCC at the same time. The reps are saying the official lines and discourage people to use only 1 FCC but get OBC for 2.

Princess need to change the language on the letter if they are going to enforce what the reps say.

I were you, I would not call Princess as they would tell you the same official line.

I am a message board novice, so I ask for your patience! As I specifically looked to Cruise Critic for recent information regarding the Future Cruise Deposit (which the Cruise Consultant on the May 17th sailing of the Diamond insisted I call it), I was please to see this recent post.

This cruise was booked using 1 FCC and an additional $100 deposit for my DH. We both received $50 OBC. When discussing my purchase of FCC's, she insisted that, not only was the OBC to the second party a loophole currently being closed, but that the second passenger would have to pay the full deposit, not $100. Actually, I was very frustrated, and confused about the deposit information but I am certain she said that the $100 was not accurate unless the second person also used a FCC. Her response to the details of my current booking was, "You were just lucky."

I wonder if a call to Princess would clear up anything. I have found different calls for the same issue result in different answers.

By the way, the trip was wonderful! Sorry if I rambled!

It would not surprise me in the least if changes are currently being made so that one FCC needs to be used for each of the first two passengers booking the stateroom. My guess, within the year, it will take two FCC's for both to get the lowered deposit and shipboard credit. There have been several reports that the future cruise consultant onboard different ships have said this. Guess it will be a wait and see thing now, who knows, with them requiriing a higher deposit, reportedly to stop so many cancellations before final payment, I would suspect that something will be in the works for the FCC's in the not so distant future. Possibly even a higher price for an FCC (since the deposit amount is now going up to 30%).

Think you are correct. ;)

The Future Booking desk rep always always tells you both must purchase the FCC. However, in practice, as confirmed by many posters, you dont need to use both FCC at the same time. The reps are saying the official lines and discourage people to use only 1 FCC but get OBC for 2.

It's important to remember that the Future Cruise Consultant is actually a sales person. Sales people have quotas and are rewarded/incented, based on the volume of widgits they sell. In this case, it's FCC's. The sales person will tell you whatever it takes (within reason) to sell you additional widgits (FCC's).

It's important to remember that the Future Cruise Consultant is actually a sales person. Sales people have quotas and are rewarded/incented, based on the volume of widgits they sell. In this case, it's FCC's. The sales person will tell you whatever it takes (within reason) to sell you additional widgits (FCC's).

In a nut shell!!!! That's the whole story.

(Hi Guys!!)

In a nut shell!!!! That's the whole story.

Of course, there are a few really good Future Cruise Consultants. One that comes to mind was Kurt. He was on the Island last year. He really appreciated talking people who 'knew the ropes.'

(Hi Murphey!)

When booking with a FCC are you finding that you can't book on-line, you actually have to call a TA?? We were charged a handling fee for this, since we had to go thru a TA! Not Happy :(

Comments?

Did you trying calling Princess directly before calling a TA? You may not be able to use your FCC booking with Princess online, but you can book with them over the phone............then transfer to a TA. And if the TA wants to charge you a handling fee, find a new TA.

When booking with a FCC are you finding that you can't book on-line, you actually have to call a TA?? We were charged a handling fee for this, since we had to go thru a TA! Not Happy :(

Comments?

I think you need a new TA. You shouldn't have to pay any extra to use an FCC.

Comments?

Absolutely not!! Even though we have a regular TA, last year we found a deal to Hawaii on the Regal that was a steal. My TA could not even come close so she told me to go ahead and book it through the internet outfit with her blessing.

So I called the agency and told them what I wanted to do, and they gave me a code to put in where the deposit Credit Card number goes and do it all online. That way, you actually "book online" and then the rep for the agency called to get the rest of the info...i.e..Captain's Circle number (to tie in the FCC) and our real Credit Card information. Worked very well.

What if you get a ... you know ... competitive quote for a cruise you want? Would you still be able to use an FCD that you purchased on a previous cruise? Does it just depend on the agency? (I've heard conflicting reports.) Some agencies have in their "response" that you can't use any "coupons" or ... words to that efect. :confused:

I just know you all will be able to sort this out for me ....

Archived