Minors drinking while in port?

red1der1

Does Carnival frown upon those who are 18-21 to drink while in port?? I am travelling with my 18 YO niece & nephew and they asked if I can take them to Senor Frogs and let them buy their first legal drink themselves. I will by NO means allow them to get drunk. But I will allow them to buy their first "legal" drink themselves. I will limit them to 1 maybe 2 drinks depending on what they get. They both just graduated HS last week and this trip is a grad present from me to them. just curious if Carnival has a policy on this. I didn't see anything on their site.

I believe Carnivals policy only applies to the ship, what you do in port is your business...

I recommend a day trip to Senor Frogs.. not at night when its wild and crazy... you may blush in front of the kids what goes on there.. LOL :p

Does Carnival frown upon those who are 18-21 to drink while in port?? I am travelling with my 18 YO niece & nephew and they asked if I can take them to Senor Frogs and let them buy their first legal drink themselves. I will by NO means allow them to get drunk. But I will allow them to buy their first "legal" drink themselves. I will limit them to 1 maybe 2 drinks depending on what they get. They both just graduated HS last week and this trip is a grad present from me to them. just curious if Carnival has a policy on this. I didn't see anything on their site.

Carnival doesn't care what you do when you are off the ship (well as long as it's not trying to smuggle prohibited items back on board) ;)

A "yard" or two? :D Just funnin'

:cool: :cool: First of all, congrats on graduating. I am assuming you will be in Cozumel or other Mexican port. Carnival turns a blind eye to alot things regarding drinking off ship. Our son was 20 last time and drinking off ship was not a problem, they even served him on the ship. Waiter asked if he wanted something so he ordered a beer, no problem. Not a big drinker or spender so not a problem in that regard. Our drinking age is 19 so he is legal here. You will notice when people go to shore and get into the $1.00 Coronas and there are alot of people missing at supper. Enjoy - but be prepared for big bucks at Senor Frogs, they are not cheap.:cool: :cool:

:cool: :cool: First of all, congrats on graduating. I am assuming you will be in Cozumel or other Mexican port. Carnival turns a blind eye to alot things regarding drinking off ship. Our son was 20 last time and drinking off ship was not a problem, they even served him on the ship. Waiter asked if he wanted something so he ordered a beer, no problem. Not a big drinker or spender so not a problem in that regard. Our drinking age is 19 so he is legal here. You will notice when people go to shore and get into the $1.00 Coronas and there are alot of people missing at supper. Enjoy - but be prepared for big bucks at Senor Frogs, they are not cheap.:cool: :cool:

Got that right.. we had some YARDS.. There are different price columns.. some are $16.95 and up

It cost me $8 to get a yard of diet coke lOL

Senor Frogs in San Juan does not ID...15 & 17 YO boys (who both look well over 18) bought their own drinks while there. They were also served on Carnival.

If they got served on Carnival it is because some one over 21 bought the drinks. Those under 21 can not use their Sign and Sail card to purchase alcohol because it is coded that they are under 21. If adults allow those under 21 to drink they are taking a chance of being put off at the next port if those under age become a problem.

Archived