Royal Caribbean Dropping 7-8 Day Cruises to Bermuda

What a bummer!!! :eek: The Empress's 8-night cruise to Bermuda was the best itinerary of all and one of the most enjoyable cruises we've taken there!!

Come on RCCL - give us back an 8-dayer to Bermuda in 2006!!! ;)

We were on the Jewel a few weeks ago and were hoping to book something to Bermuda because Baltimore is close to home and it would be nice not to fly somewhere. I wasn't really crazy about a 5 day cruise but their ship was the only one with a balcony which is a requirement for me! =)

We were told that no matter how many people complained about the 5 night sailing, if the sailings had sold out over the past year they would probably continue with a 5 night. I hope they decide to do atleast a 7 night. Just thought I would let you know what we were told. Oh, and he also said that by June (I forgot to ask when in June) the complete schedules would be out thru the spring (I believe) of 2007 which of course would include the Bermuda for next year. I guess we will have to wait and see!

I don't really see many ships going there. Anyone know why?????

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]A few thoughts...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]Many people like Bermuda being the one and only stop because you don’t have to rush to a new place everyday. Bermuda is wonderful but expensive to stay at on land, the ship is the perfect way to go![/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]Bermuda had great scuba diving; some say the best in the world. It has reefs twice the size of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]Kings Warf is not that bad. Hire a cab, take a scooter, the buses are very efficient and cheap as well as the ferries...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]RCCL listed my end of August 2005 cruise in January. By Feb all suites and balconies were gone (for Grandeur). So this destination has to be popular.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Times New Roman][font=Arial][size=3]Yes, I would like a longer cruise there, seven days is perfect.[/size]:D [/font][/font][/color]

• 1 month later...
I LOVE my balcony cabins...I am hooked....that said. I prefer the Zenith or Horizon 7 day to Bermuda and I would forego the balcony to do this. The Celebrity cruise to Bermuda is tops.......can't be beat, with or without a balcony. IMHO

[quote name='steffie']We were on the Jewel a few weeks ago and were hoping to book something to Bermuda because Baltimore is close to home and it would be nice not to fly somewhere. I wasn't really crazy about a 5 day cruise but their ship was the only one with a balcony which is a requirement for me! =)

We were told that no matter how many people complained about the 5 night sailing, if the sailings had sold out over the past year they would probably continue with a 5 night. I hope they decide to do atleast a 7 night. Just thought I would let you know what we were told. Oh, and he also said that by June (I forgot to ask when in June) the complete schedules would be out thru the spring (I believe) of 2007 which of course would include the Bermuda for next year. I guess we will have to wait and see!

I don't really see many ships going there. Anyone know why?????[/QUOTE]

Bermuda only allows a certain number of ships/passengers to come in. Their port charges are also considerably much higher than most ports. The larger ships can only dock at Kings Wharf.

[quote name='sueinphilly']I think I read on another thread that the Empress will sail from Philadelphia for 7 night cruises. No dates or prices yet, I believe.[/QUOTE]

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Horizon will not return to Bermuda after 2005 and Zenith after 2006. Looks like if you want to visit Bermuda for more than a day and a half you will have to fly there. Crown and Majesty will be leaving Norwegian's fleet soon also.

:mad: Found this posting in Travel Weekly:

Voyager of the Seas to head to Barcelona next summer (05/05/2005)[img]http://www.travelweekly.com/images/x.gif[/img][font=Arial][size=2][font=Arial]MIAMI -- The Voyager of the Seas will trade Bayonne, N.J., for Barcelona, Spain, next summer, making it the first of Royal Caribbean International’s Voyager-class ships to cruise to Europe.[/font]

[font=Arial]The Voyager will operate seven-day cruises from Barcelona in 2006.[/font]

[font=Arial]A sister ship, the Explorer of the Seas, will reposition to Bayonne next summer to take over the Voyager’s summer season to Bermuda and the Caribbean.[/font]

[/size][/font]

I too miss the 7 night Bermuda itinerary. I sailed on the Nordic Empress 3 years in a row. I also sailed on the Zenith and liked the Nordic Empress better. It seems to me to have alot more open space. We are sailing on the Voyager to for 9 nights this summer, but I would rather be in Bermuda.

RCCL, if you are listening, please bring back a 7 or 8 night Bermuda cruise.

I still love the Empress - why can't they bring her back to Bayonne to Bermuda instead of Philly. We're sailing Zenith this year to Bermuda, but I'd go back on the Empress in a heartbeat. Come on RCCL - give us back a 7-8 day cruise to Bermuda!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
I am not sure if this is true or not but I heard the Empress will be sailing from the Northeast next year. I am not sure what port but I think it is a 7 day sailing.
I will keep an eye on the itineraries listed for next year.

The Empress of the Seas will definitely sail from Philadelphia to Bermuda in 2006.It will be a Sunday to Sunday sailing and she'll dock only in Hamilton during her stay in Bermuda. Rates are not in their system yet.
Ginnie

Empress wouldn't sail from Bayonne, probably because the Explorer will sail from there, and also the Zenith, I believe. Had wished they'd sail from Boston..but the Majesty is still there, for next year anyway. Only Hamilton!!!...wow! No room at the Dockyard/Kings Wharf with the biggies out there. Had hoped it would do St. George also. And..the 8 night itinerary has gone "poof"...too bad :( They obviously have not listened to our pleading...boo-hoo!

• 3 weeks later...
[size=3][b][font=Verdana]7-NIGHT [/font][/b][b][font=Verdana]BERMUDA[/font][/b][b][font=Verdana] IS BACK![/font][/b][/size]

[font=Verdana]I checked RCCL’s site today & the new 7-night Bermuda 2006 cruise schedule on the Empress of the Seas is FINALLY available![/font]

[color=black][font=Verdana]Here's the itinerary & prices from APR thru OCT, 2006:[/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Helv][url="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000sEY34-Mn1jEUCYptHCsLi99:v29bc4qk?packageCode=NE07B002&sailDtFrom=1060101&sailDtThru=1070101&year=2006"][color=#800080]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000sEY34-Mn1jEUCYptHCsLi99:v29bc4qk?packageCode=NE07B002&sailDtFrom=1060101&sailDtThru=1070101&year=2006[/color][/url][/font][/color]

[font=Verdana]Save up your $$$$ - WOW have those prices gone up! :eek: It’s cheaper to take a 2 week [/font][font=Verdana]Hawaii[/font][font=Verdana] cruise than sail a 7-night [/font][font=Verdana]Bermuda[/font][font=Verdana] cruise!? Come on RCCL, lower those prices! Hope to be there next year if you do! ;) [/font]

[font=Verdana]Happy sailing![/font]
[font=Verdana]Suzy B[/font]

7-NIGHT BERMUDA IS BACK!

I checked RCCL’s site today & the new 7-night Bermuda 2006 cruise schedule on the Empress of the Seas is FINALLY available!

Here's the itinerary & prices from APR thru OCT, 2006:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000sEY34-Mn1jEUCYptHCsLi99:v29bc4qk?packageCode=NE07B002&sailDtFrom=1060101&sailDtThru=1070101&year=2006

Save up your $$$$ - WOW have those prices gone up! :eek: It’s cheaper to take a 2 week Hawaii cruise than sail a 7-night Bermuda cruise!? Come on RCCL, lower those prices! Hope to be there next year if you do! ;)

Happy sailing!

Suzy B

YEAH!!!

HOORAY - they listened to us, BUT the prices are ridiculous and the arrival-departures times are terrible -- get in late - leave early -- that's like buy high - sell low in the stock-market!! Also, unless they move her back to NY or New Jersey, I still can't sail the Empress (even if I could afford those prices)! :D

Come on RCL - you're getting closer -- how about bringing the Empress back to NJ for the 8-day sails again??? That was the best cruise we had!

Archived