Eurodam Just back! My A-Z with over 200 photos/Videos

dellas1000

[quote name='CruiserGreg']Can you tell me which cabin this photo was taken from?
[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll25/eurodampics3/eurodam_328.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

It looks very close to where our cabin should be.

Thanks[/quote]

It was taken at the back of the seaview pool. I wanted to see the angle of the balconies and which way they were staggered. Looking at the back of the ship from the quay they look as if they are not but they clearly are.

Here is a photo of Friday nights Dinner.

[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll25/eurodampics3/turfsurf.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B]Is that sauce on top of the Lobster??

They look bigger than what is served on the other ships.[/B][/quote]

Yes it was a sauce. Now that was my friends meal. I dont like Lobster so I asked for an extra piece of beef which was no problem at all. Another thing we were impressed with was the coffee cups had been pre heated.

[quote name='jtl513']Scrap whatever plans you're looking at - they're outdated. 6173 is a side-facing VB.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Della...we've been discussing the side-facing door as well. Did that connect 6173 with the corner suite?[/FONT] :confused:

[quote name='dellas1000']Yes it was a sauce. Now that was my friends meal. I dont like Lobster so I asked for an extra piece of beef which was no problem at all. Another thing we were impressed with was the coffee cups had been pre heated.[/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Sauce on Lobster??[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]That isn't for me!![/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Sauce on Lobster??[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]That isn't for me!![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]
[SIZE=4]KK, it is a very thick butter sauce, they have had it recently on our last few cruises and I just tell them I do not want it on there. This last time on the Amsterdam it was served with out and they came out to add it and that worked great so I could tell them NO, but on the Oosterdam it was served with it already on. [/SIZE]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]We never (very rarely) order lobster on the ships.[/B]

[B]Is it it a thermador sauce?[/B]

[/quote]
[SIZE=4]Thanks Sail, I knew there was a name for it but oddly our server on the Amsterdam called it a "Butter Sauce":) Probably saved then having to describe what a Thermador sauce was :D [/SIZE]

[quote name='Susie51']Thank you for the pics and lively discussion. When ordering lobster, is the thermador sauce listed on the menu?[/quote]

Very top of the menu. Bearnaise butter .

[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll25/eurodampics3/eurodam_286.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=4]Thanks Sail, I knew there was a name for it but oddly our server on the Amsterdam called it a "Butter Sauce":) Probably saved then having to describe what a Thermador sauce was :D [/SIZE][/quote]

[B]Thanks for pointing out there is a sauce..... I know I definitely won't be ordering lobster on the ships. I don't eat butter at all and absolutely no butter with my lobster. If the lobster is sweet and tender and good, it doesn't need to be hidden under gobs of sauce or butter IMO
When I steam them at home, when everyone else has butter, I skip it.[/B]

Thank you! ;)

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]On the Original plans this area next to the dining room on the lower level of the dining room was refered to as a Private Dining Room.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Now it has been given a name - The King's Room. On the R class ships the King's Room is used for Delux suite passengers as a place to have breakfast other than the main dining room, the Lido or the Neptune.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I'll bet that once breakfast is over, that dining room will be used for private parties and a place for the captain and hotel manager to host special dinners.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

Sorry, my bad. Apparently, there's incorrect deck plans out there. :o

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thank you for that info. When I input Eurodam Deck Plans, I come up with it being an aft VB. Maybe I'm getting an old web site. It's the first one that comes up on yahoo search. I'll have to check on the HAL web site instead. Anyway, thanks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I did reverse the numbers, which is something I ususally never do, however the HAL web site is also showing 6173 as very close to the aft, last cabin before it, and a VB. Someone please help since I must be having a very bad senior moment.[/quote]

[quote name='madelinerose']Sorry, my bad. Apparently, there's incorrect deck plans out there. :o[/quote]I would say trust the ones on the HAL site to be the best, but even those are not 100% correct. Just in the last few days of pictures I've noticed a number of minor differences ... including not showing 6173 as having any connecting door! :D

Wow, really? Too funny.

I like the "Ship Finder" on the Travelocity site. If you're shopping around and prefer the newer ships, you can just scroll, see the launch dates and take it from there. ;)

[quote name='jtl513']I would say trust the ones on the HAL site to be the best, but even those are not 100% correct. Just in the last few days of pictures I've noticed a number of minor differences ... including not showing 6173 as having any connecting door! :D[/quote]

Thermidor is not really a butter sauce. It has heavy cream, egg yolks, brandy or sherry, sometimes cheese and it should include English Mustard. There is butter in it, but I don't think it would be called a butter sauce. Generally the sauce is placed on the lobster tails before putting them under the broiler .... not served on the side as a sauce.

It's quite decadent, but for someone (like me) who loves lobster for the taste of lobster, it's totally unnecessary.

It could be what Lisa was served is more a Bechamel sauce.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I just had some steamed lobster last week and it was so yummy..it didn't need any sauce at all...butter or cream or any combination of. Just good by itself. The tails I've seen on board are usually very small and not as tender as I like. JMO.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=5]Hello and thank you[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Where will you be posting your journal? The photos are first rate![/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]The food discussions are hysterical!!! I guess we all look forward to our next meal!!!![/SIZE]

Archived