Back to Back

imirish

How does a back to back cruise work? Do you have to get off the ship between sailings? Do you keep the same cabin? Do you have to reserve a specific cabin in order to be able to keep it for both legs of your cruise? What happens to your luggage between cruises?

Thanks y'all.

Mike

Depends on the cruise line & the ports.

We have done 3 B2B 1 in Europe & 2 from US ports

The US ports we had to disembark on turnaround day for a short time.

In Europe we did not

Depends on if the cabin is not booked for the 2nd cruise if you will be able to keep the same cabin ...if not the crew will usually help you move to the new cabin.

Ask for the same cabin when you book the B2B.

You do not have to pack up on turn around day it is just like a shore day.

You can stay on the ship or go ashore and explore

It is usually better to treat the change over day as a port day and go and explore the town. You will get your new seapass card before leaving, so you leave the ship with one card and come back on with another.

It is better not to stay on the ship in the morning, as there is plenty of agitation with people leaving and blocking the corridors with luggage and then new luggage coming on board and essencial maintenance work. Many of the facilities, such as the pool will be closed until midday.

Back to back is booked as two sailings. yu will have to book the same cabin in order not to be moved. But if the cabin is not available for both weeks the cabin steward will help you pack and move.

The night before the ship is to debark-- the pursers office will get in touch with you to close up your first week and issue new cards for the second week.

They will help you go through customs and get back onboard for the second week. EVERYthing closes at 9am- and dont open back til about noon.

You can either stay onboard and finally get a lounge chair by the pool or you can get off and explore the home port.

Please be aware that the stuff on the first week will be the same the second week.. shows, menus etc. If you get the same dining table your wait staff may be different as waiters rotate on a weekly basis.

Its better if you pick a ship that does two different itinerarys

We did a b2b2b on the Star Princess earlier this year. We did not have to disembark in either port. We did have to go to the gangway to get our picture taken for our new cruise card. Some ports/countries require you to go thru customs & immigration. Princess gave us detailed info a couple of days before the end of each cruise.

When you book the cruise, you want to try to book the same cabin for both cruises. It just depends on availability. The earlier you book the better chance you have of staying in the same cabin. There were a lot of people on our cruises doing 2 or 3 cruises. Some, like us, had the same cabin. Other had to change once or even twice.

Have either of you done a b2b on Carnival? That's what we're looking at.

we have not done it with Carnival

I agree with the Other poster ...go ashore for a bit, the ship is like a ghost ship & the crew is busy reading the ship for the new cruisers

I did a B2B on Elation from Port Canaveral. I had the same cabin, cabin steward knew I was staying on. The last night of the first cruise, I had a letter from the purser telling me to be at the desk about 9:30am. I went there and waited a while until all previous passengers had cleared the ship. they walked me of the ship and through customs and immigration, then back to check-in to get my new card. then back on the ship, getting new pic taken for the new card. No embarkation photo, as they were not set up yet. I had a hour or two to myself and sat in the Tiffany rest. (buffet) madly uploading my pictures from my laptop. EM

Hello,

A B2B is highly recommended. The ship will take care of all of the details, and advise you of the procedures you are to follow. If you must change cabins, the ship will assist you with any moving you will have to do, though it is my understanding that rarely, will you have to change cabins. The maitre D' will ask you if you want to change tables in the main dining room, but you can stay where you are. Food will be available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

You will be issued another Seapass card to get you on and off the ship. What is great fun though, is that while others have to go home you stay on the ship. You meet new passengers, see new ports, or get to see more of the ports you visited on the first leg of your cruise.

We really enjoyed our B2B to Alaska in 2006.

As the commercial says...Just do it, because you will not be disappointed.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

we did a b2b on the NCL Jewel this past jan-feb, we booked it as 2 cruises but they treated it as one. Same cabin, same card entire trip, one bill at the end. We did have to go through customs between cruises but that was snap. Going to do the same this next winter. Very easy to do.

Now I am confused. My friends have taken plenty of B2Bs throughout the years and finally convinced us to take one with them. They told us that they stay in their cabin, sleeping late, relaxing and reading a book until the second load of passengers come on and it is time to go to the buffer for lunch.

I guess it all depends on the cruise line and I also guess I will just have to wait and see how it will be handled on the Voyager. We will just have to go with the flow :p

Happy Cruising Everyone!

Did a b2b on Celebrity Century in March. Had to change rooms for the second leg because one was paid for and assigned by my company (for its convention). Celebrity was wonderful in making the change-over painless, which is why it’s probably my fave line. As soon as my new stateroom was available, my luggage by transferred by a steward. When the ship docked in Miami, all the passengers were allowed off first. I was absolutely the last one off (the computer at the gangway said so!). I went through U.S. customs and walked right back onto the ship. All through this process, I was accompanied by a Celebrity rep. What great service!

Archived