1. 1. Favorite Carnival Class

• First Generation: Mardi Gras, Carnivale, Festivale
    • Tropicale
    • Holiday Class
    • Fantasy Class
    • Destiny Class
    • Spirit Class
    • Conquest Class

This is just sheer curiosity here but was wondering what everyones thoughts are on the different ships/classes. I never had the opportunity to sail on the "First Generation" Carnival ships and yet to sail the Conquest Class but from experience I enjoy mostly the "mid size" ships in the Holiday and Fantasy Classes. I didn't include the Dream Class in this poll/post as it has yet to sail but any thoughts on that are welcome as well!

This is just sheer curiosity here but was wondering what everyones thoughts are on the different ships/classes. I never had the opportunity to sail on the "First Generation" Carnival ships and yet to sail the Conquest Class but from experience I enjoy mostly the "mid size" ships in the Holiday and Fantasy Classes. I didn't include the Dream Class in this poll/post as it has yet to sail but any thoughts on that are welcome as well!

I hope you get some responses because I was thinking of posting this very question/thread!

Thanks for asking it,

Holiday is my favorite. It reminds me of the old days of cruising. We went on the Celebration last year after being on the bigger ships and it just reconfirmed what I was already thinking

Todd

Carnivale 1990

Fantasy 1994

Holiday 1995

Fantasy 1997

Imagination 1999

Celebration 2007

I agree, the Spirit class ships seem more intimate than the conquest or destiny class ships. Navigating your way around the lido deck on the Spirit class is a breeze while on the conquest/destiny class is a Charlie foxtrot, at best.

Also, when looking/walking up and down the cabin hallways on the Spirit class ships, the walk is broken up with little turns to the left and back to the right. When looking/walking up and down the cabin hallways on the conquest/destiny class ships, if you are in an aft cabin, (us,) you can literally see alllllllllllllllllllll the way down the hall to the other end of the ship. A small, yet, significant detail in your mindset when navigating the hallways within the 2 classes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this aspect as well????????? :confused:

Fantasy class here, just the right size and I know the layout by heart.

The Conquest class is nice, but it got too crowded sometimes. I have a feeling that my vote may change to Spirit class after we go to Alaska next year. Everybody seems to love that class.

Spirit Class ships - w/AFT CORNER MULTI ROOM SUITES.

I feel Carnival DROPPED THE BALL when they designed the new DREAM class of ships. They missed an opportunity to place a VERY NICE SUITE in the aft corners... instead opting for a CAT 9A (which, yes, I have already booked - for lack of a GREAT cabin option....:rolleyes: )

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID... they read these boards and KNOW how popular those aft corner suites are.

Tom

If you love it now...wait until you see if AFTER the Evolutions of Fun...you will be in HEAVEN!!

Ooohhhh! I wanna see, I wanna see :D ! Keeping my fingers crossed that a Fantasy class ship will turn up on one of the remaining Endless Summer specials.

Spirit Class ships - w/AFT CORNER MULTI ROOM SUITES.

I feel Carnival DROPPED THE BALL when they designed the new DREAM class of ships. They missed an opportunity to place a VERY NICE SUITE in the aft corners... instead opting for a CAT 9A (which, yes, I have already booked - for lack of a GREAT cabin option....:rolleyes: )

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID... they read these boards and KNOW how popular those aft corner suites are.

Tom

I agree with you 100% Tom.

We got the aft on 7 for the Inaugural Dream. Like you, I was surprised that it was only a 9A. I wish it were more like 4228 or 4237, you know?

I agree with you 100% Tom.

We got the aft on 7 for the Inaugural Dream. Like you, I was surprised that it was only a 9A. I wish it were more like 4228 or 4237, you know?

We also opted for deck 7 - great minds think alike...

We are sailing on the first 7 night out of Pt. Canaveral, sounds like you are opting for the TRUE first sailing. After sailing on the first Glory sailing (ended up being the 2nd thanks to a 6 day they threw in) I don't think we would sail on the first few voyages. Plenty of experienced staff, we just got the feeling that things were not running very smoothly.

Perhaps you should grab the opposite corner on deck 7 for the 12/5/09 sailing also!!!

Tom

We also opted for deck 7 - great minds think alike...

We are sailing on the first 7 night out of Pt. Canaveral, sounds like you are opting for the TRUE first sailing. After sailing on the first Glory sailing (ended up being the ND thanks to a 6 day they threw in) I don't think we would sail on the first few voyages. Plenty of experienced staff, we just got the feeling that things were not running very smoothly.

Perhaps you should grab the opposite corner on deck 7 for the 12/5/09 sailing also!!!

Tom

True enough, GMTA.

We're booked on the Freedom that week otherwise, we're there! Antigua is part of the itinerary and we have 7445, the aft wrap on the Empress deck so the DW won't let me give it up. Since we live in Tampa, we plan on making the Splendor along with the Legend a heavy part of our cruise rotation. I have a feeling that we'll like the Splendor as it looks like it will be easier to move about on the ship.

Sailing on the Legend, right out of dry dock in January, I did notice, what seemed to me at the time, some rough edges, so to speak. I guess it takes a few weeks to get everyone working together like a finely tuned, well oiled, machine. I did like the fact that the carpet in 4228 was brand spanking new and that I didn't have to wear flip-flops around the suite.:D

We'll catch up someday on some ship somewhere. It's only a matter of time.;)

So does anyone have any theories as to why Carnival didn't make more of the Spirit class? They seem to be overwhelmingly popular according to this poll, yet there are just the 4 of them and no plans to make any more.

My thought is that they are less profitable due to the Carnival not being able to shoehorn as many people on them compared to the Conquest Class. They do have the best space/pax. ratio, so it makes sense.

I wanted to vote but....you forgot to put any and all.......:D

Archived