Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I have noticed numerous threads about the Aft of the Grand Class ships; I was bored and wanted to put together a reference guide for the Crown, Emerald and Ruby Ships. Feel free to add to it. I am visual person so I hope this helps all out there that are looking to book an aft balcony of some kind

Pictured below is the Crown Princess

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215974952

This is sooooooooooo great. Thank you so much. I wouldn't have to worry about the beam, but the vent is right next to the room my TA has on hold. B757. I'm not sure this is the best choice, I hope others will let me know if a cabin next to the vent is noisy.

Again, Jerseyguys, thank you so much for the pic. It is a huge help!!!

We both just really really love the aft view with the wake and being able to see both sides. We love the aft wrap types too. But I do love those mini's and the huge balconies you get..

I'd be curious to hear your opinion after you cruise aft. So come back here, OK?

You asked me to come back and tell you my opinion of a C753 vs E731.

We sailed Octboer 24 in the C753. Jules and I both liked the cabin and balcony but prefer E731 balcony for us.

Balcony size wise, they are both generous in size. Can't find anything wrong with either in that respect. We had 6 of us one night at sailaway on C753 and no problems. E731 is just as generous. I am just comparing balcony size, of couse E731 is a mini suite and has more interior room but I am only comparing balconies.

Jules didn't like the lack of breeze on the aft. I was fine without the wind blowing.

It was unbearably hot on our return trip with the sun beating down on us the morning we tried to have and balcony breakfast. We had another couple and we ladies ended up going inside to sit on the bed and finish eating as it got way too hot and the lack of breeze made it uncomfortable. Had we ordered the balcony breakfast in the early days of our cruise we would of been fine. We enjoyed our coffee in the morning out there until the last 2 days to return.

I did find sun on the aft balcony and was able to lay out. Even though it is fully covered there were still sunny spots

When sailing in E731 we feel we get enough wake view plus the additional side view. We often felt like we were missing something not being able to see towards the front.

The wake is loud. E731 gives you a less noisy ride.

I don't think down the line we would book this cabin again. If money is not an issue we would go for the mini on the Emerald with the 2 ends always being the first choice. If we are bargain hunting would just book the lowest balcony cabin and take our chances. If I was upgraded to this area I would be OK, not so sure about DH.

If you love the aft this is the quietest location you will find on the ship. One day the room service girl came in and looked around and exclaimed she didn't know that the cabin was back there. VERY QUIET!

We sailed Octboer 24 in the C753. Jules and I both liked the cabin and balcony but prefer E731 balcony for us.

Balcony size wise, they are both generous in size. Can't find anything wrong with either in that respect. We had 6 of us one night at sailaway on C753 and no problems. E731 is just as generous. I am just comparing balcony size, of couse E731 is a mini suite and has more interior room but I am only comparing balconies.

Jules didn't like the lack of breeze on the aft. I was fine without the wind blowing.

It was unbearably hot on our return trip with the sun beating down on us the morning we tried to have and balcony breakfast. We had another couple and we ladies ended up going inside to sit on the bed and finish eating as it got way too hot and the lack of breeze made it uncomfortable. Had we ordered the balcony breakfast in the early days of our cruise we would of been fine. We enjoyed our coffee in the morning out there until the last 2 days to return.

I did find sun on the aft balcony and was able to lay out. Even though it is fully covered there were still sunny spots

When sailing in E731 we feel we get enough wake view plus the additional side view. We often felt like we were missing something not being able to see towards the front.

I don't think down the line we would book this cabin again. If money is not an issue we would go for the mini on the Emerald with the 2 ends always being the first choice. If we are bargain hunting would just book the lowest balcony cabin and take our chances. If I was upgraded to this area I would be OK, not so sure about DH.

If you love the aft this is the quietest location you will find on the ship. One day the room service girl came in and looked around and exclaimed she didn't know that the cabin was back there. VERY QUIET!

Did you have a lot of wind in E731?

I really appreciate you coming back and giving your review. Thumbs up to you!

We got back a couple weeks ago. We were in B749 on the Emerald (the other corner aft) and LOVED IT!

We have had this cabin on several of our cruises. We where able to have our room Steward bring us 2 pool loungers and soak up the rays. We have booked this room again on our October cruise. Everyone should experience this cabin at least once. :D:D:D

We have had this cabin on several of our cruises. We where able to have our room Steward bring us 2 pool loungers and soak up the rays. We have booked this room again on our October cruise. Everyone should experience this cabin at least once. :D:D:D

We heard about B749 on CC forums.

We did book it.

We agree, it was worth it.

Book it early for those popular

cruise times when schools are

out.

:cool::cool:

We are currently in C753 on the Ruby for a TA cruise. I am considering changing to E734. Our friends had D734 on a past cruise and I loved the depth and privacy of that balcony.

Has any one stayed in E734? Are the balconies as deep as on Dolphin? Was there any noise from Club Fusion? Would you change from a corner AFT for this balcony? I'M REALLY TORN !!!!

We are currently in C753 on the Ruby for a TA cruise. I am considering changing to E734. Our friends had D734 on a past cruise and I loved the depth and privacy of that balcony.

Has any one stayed in E734? Are the balconies as deep as on Dolphin? Was there any noise from Club Fusion? Would you change from a corner AFT for this balcony? I'M REALLY TORN !!!!

I would not change. Have visited C753 as my sister had one on CB. You have a great balcony with side and aft views. I've been in D734 and while it was very deep it was also very cavelike whereas the one you have felt very open and spacious. What difference does an extra 6" make?

Hey everyone - I agree, great thread! I have searched and searched and although I've found information about the balcony, I can't find any pictures of the suite we have reserved for our cruise. It's the Sapphire, B751. Anyone got pics?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by fabby50

What an excellent thread! I've posted a link to it on the P&O forum: their latest two ships are Grand-class, and it will be as useful to P&O passengers as to Princess pax.

Looking at the subtle changes between the ships, I think Ventura (2008) is very like Crown Princess in terms of the aft configuration, while Azura (2010) is similar to the most recent Princess ships. Certainly Azura's aft Riviera deck cabins have balconies, whereas Ventura, like Crown Princess, has non-balcony cabins there.

Edited by tom_uk

I just came off the Ruby in early November and had the mirror cabin C752. I would keep C753. It is a WONDERFUL cabin, with it's own private hallway. If you like privacy, you will love this cabin. On the transatlantic you'll think your the only one on the ship. I say my neighbor once.

E734 has a beam thru it and a vent next door. I don't know the impact of the vent, but I think the beam definetly makes it more cave like. On a cooler transatlantic crossing, that might be desirable. In C752 we enjoyed some days of almost full sunlight depending on the direction you are sailing. Sail east to west I think you'll get a lot of sun, sailing west to east you'll get the sunsets.

I do have to say there is significant noise from the wake on the aft cabins. I actually like the sound, and its not unbearable by any means, but when you are out on the balcony you do need to speak up a little to talk over the wake. Since Caribe deck is a couple of decks higher from the water, I'm imagining that the noise will be less from the wake the higher your go.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the fabulous aft photos. I do have a question...

We are booked guarantee Cat. D on the Golden. I see that a possible upgrade would be to a Category C; which are the four aft cabins with the portholes. That does not look like an upgrade to me. Has anyone experienced those cabins?

I like a window with a view...the portholes look very deeply set in.

I like to use coffee card at International cafe on way to breakfast...Aloha deck aft looks out of the way. Same for dinner at the Anytime venues.

Any aspect that makes the Cat. C cabin worth more money than D category?

Great info this will be our 1st Princess cruise and we have had aft balconies on Carnival,HAL and Celebrity. I was able to get B749 on the Crown looking forward to relaxing and watching the wake.

You will not be disappointed. One of the best rooms!!!

This is sooooooooooo great. Thank you so much. I wouldn't have to worry about the beam, but the vent is right next to the room my TA has on hold. B757. I'm not sure this is the best choice, I hope others will let me know if a cabin next to the vent is noisy.

Again, Jerseyguys, thank you so much for the pic. It is a huge help!!!

I just came off 20 days on the Crown in B757 and though I could hear the vent, it wasn't off-putting and in fact, the wake was louder. I loved the fact that it was large and sheltered.

Aren't the BB's on the Crown real small rooms? We looked in at an AFT BB the last day on the Grand and it seemed very small. Are all BB the same size?

All BB cabins are exactly the same....there may be a difference in balcony size, but that's it.

Pardon if this has been shown by others but here is the Sapphire Princess. First picture shows the Mini-suites toward the aft but not facing the aft of the ship. Note the uncovered Dolphin deck balconies. Then a few true aft shots...

1129059492_Umw7z-M.jpg

1129059888_g9Gxg-M.jpg

1129060358_jGRC8-M.jpg

Pardon if this has been shown by others but here is the Sapphire Princess. First picture shows the Mini-suites toward the aft but not facing the aft of the ship. Note the uncovered Dolphin deck balconies. Then a few true aft shots...
kath00,

Thanks for the photos. Your view from above adds information. We are looking forward to our September cruise in aft cabin A746.