Grandeur Concierge Lounge?

Has anyone been on the Grandeur lately? Any new rumors about the possible addition of Concierge Lounge?

No new rumors. Just the same old rumors and to date, no one has reported any signs that they are anything other than rumors.:(

People were told that Rhapsody would get a concierge lounge on her trip to Australia last fall - didn't happen. Then others were told it would happen while she was in Asia - didn't happen.

Many of us have heard rumors that the last remaining Vision class ships without CL's are supposed to get them, but so far there has been no sign of that actually happening. Wish the rumors would come true, but I would not get my hopes up about it.

As I reported b4, when we were on the Grandeur repo in April, Capt Rob said that there would be a CL in place by end of October...Just going by what he said:D , but hope that it is true...Later, Jill:cool:

I like your rumor best Jill. :D One can always hope that there might be one by November. We'll keep our fingers crossed. We booked knowing there wasn't one, so it would be a wonderful surprise. :)

I asked about all the ships that did not have CL's on our last cruise(would they get one?) and was told that there was not room on those ships for a CL. Being a diamond member, we will not sail w/o a CL ever again!

They managed to make room for a CL on the Splendor of the Seas. I am hoping that they will make room on the Grandeur. I don't know what they did away with on the Splendor, it may have been the library and it was converted to the CL. It would be great if did that on the other Vision class ships. Let's hope so.

Annieeee

I asked about all the ships that did not have CL's on our last cruise(would they get one?) and was told that there was not room on those ships for a CL. Being a diamond member, we will not sail w/o a CL ever again!

They managed to make room for a CL on the Splendor of the Seas. I am hoping that they will make room on the Grandeur. I don't know what they did away with on the Splendor, it may have been the library and it was converted to the CL. It would be great if did that on the other Vision class ships. Let's hope so.

Annieeee

They are halfway there on the Vision class.

Six ships.

Three have a CL right now.

Three do not.

(Enchantment, Splendour and Legend DO. Vision, Rhapsody & Grandeur DO NOT.)

So, Carol and Annieee, we are planning to sail on Grandeur in 2009, for our 20th wedding anniversary, from Baltimore.

We e-mailed C&A asking, "will Grandeur have a CL in 2009?"

They replied, not that this will surprise you, "There are no plans to add a CL to Grandeur."

As you all know, the staff at C&A, as great as they have been to us, at times are the last ones to know what is going on.

Hoping we have a CL on Grandeur in 2009,

Sea you, SeaTerps.

Rick and Deirdra

Annieeee

They converted the card room on Splendour and Legend of the Seas to a CL and have indicated that it will eventually be moved to a more permanent location one deck higher, where the Loyalty Ambassador is currently located. Ask a dozen different RCI representatives the question and you will likely get a dozen different answers and explanations. I hope Captain Rob is correct but I'm not sure that he is any more privy to their plans than anyone else. After all it was Captain Johnny who not that long ago, stated that the Mariner would never leave Port Canaveral.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by negc viewpost.gif

After all it was Captain Johnny who not that long ago, stated that the Mariner would never leave Port Canaveral.:rolleyes:

Bill, how true:p , but the card room or LA area would be a great place for a CL on the Grandeur:D ...Say hi to Rita...Jill:cool:

They converted the card room on Splendour and Legend of the Seas to a CL and have indicated that it will eventually be moved to a more permanent location one deck higher, where the Loyalty Ambassador is currently located. Ask a dozen different RCI representatives the question and you will likely get a dozen different answers and explanations. I hope Captain Rob is correct but I'm not sure that he is any more privy to their plans than anyone else. After all it was Captain Johnny who not that long ago, stated that the Mariner would never leave Port Canaveral.:rolleyes:

That's what they told us when we were on Splendour this past March..........that plans were to move it up to Deck 9 where the LA is currently located. They said there was water available up there so that putting in a coffee machine was a good possibility. Can't understand why there is no water on Deck 8 since they are right under each other.:confused:

But with the newly frosted glass that they have put on the doors of the CL on Splendour..............I have serious doubts that it will be moved.

Anyone viewing here going on Grandeur soon? Help us out here and get some info while on board. Go to the Captain's talk at the end of the cruise, or ask a question at the C&A welcome aboard. Thanks!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Grandeur at the end of Oct., & again in April. I'll report back if I have any news. We sailed with Jill on the April B2B and the info she reported is what they were saying at the time.

Have a Great day. If the rules don't change we will finally become Diamond members at the end our Sept. '09 cruise sailing on the Explorer. We will be booking that cruise while we are on-board the Grandeur. With our Royal stock in free fall we need the OBC & stock credit to make up for the loss. I am doing my part to book as many cruises as possible.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Please do let us know what you hear about the possibility of a CL on the Grandeur. I like the ships with the lounge for the coffee and snacks as much as the evening drinks. I want to sail the Grandeur and whether it has the lounge is important to us. Thanks.

As I reported b4, when we were on the Grandeur repo in April, Capt Rob said that there would be a CL in place by end of October...Just going by what he said:D , but hope that it is true...Later, Jill:cool:

Hmm, when we were on Grandeur Captain Rob said' "there's no place to put it."

To which about four of us shouted, "The Card Room."

I guess he learned his lesson!

Archived