Flight Seat Assignments

tontok

Hello all,

Only 28 more days left! We booked our flights thru Princess and were wondering, how do we determine our seat assignments? I want to make sure that our party sits together on the flights. I cannot find this information regarding seats on any of our travel documents.

Thank you,

Marina

Hello all,

Only 28 more days left! We booked our flights thru Princess and were wondering, how do we determine our seat assignments? I want to make sure that our party sits together on the flights. I cannot find this information regarding seats on any of our travel documents.

Thank you,

Marina

Hello, once Princesses provided the flight id numbers go to the airline web sight and make your seat selection. If you wait until the airport you may not even get 2 seats together. There is also a web sight that points out what seats are better based on ariline and plane model.

http://www.seatguru.com/

We booked our flight through Princess and they have assigned seats. Infact they changed our return flight till a later time and again assigned seat - only this time my husband and I aren't sitting together - we are only one seat removed -so hopefully we can get that person to exchange.

I decided to call Princess today and see if I could manage to get our seat assignment changed so that we could sit together - I was able to do that, the person to whom I spoke was most pleasant and helpful - she did say that generally they are not able to make the seat assignments, but where they can they will.

further information can be obtained via www.virtuallythere.com, you will need to call princess for your locator # and password, if it is not on the personalizer.
This site requires my email address, but does not recognize any of the variants I might use. My flights were booked by Princess and I used a wonderful TA, so I wonder if it is looking for her email address.

For my upcoming cruise in 10 days I checked my seating on United using the information in my travel documents, finding good seats together. Unfortunately the return trip is via Lufthansa, and the airline travel reference does not provide seat assignments. Does anyone know how to find this information for Lufthansa?

We are flying Northwest Minneapolis to Fairbanks on 9/7. They have changed our flight once and seat assignents 3 times. We had window/center then aisle/aisle and now aisle/center. We will just be happy to get to Fairbanks ! :(

This site requires my email address, but does not recognize any of the variants I might use. My flights were booked by Princess and I used a wonderful TA, so I wonder if it is looking for her email address.

For my upcoming cruise in 10 days I checked my seating on United using the information in my travel documents, finding good seats together. Unfortunately the return trip is via Lufthansa, and the airline travel reference does not provide seat assignments. Does anyone know how to find this information for Lufthansa?

Why not call Lufthansa.

Definitely call Lufthansa for seat assignments. BTW-They are a wonderful airline compared to those based in the U.S. we felt.

As for virtually there, if I am remembering correctly, the password to add was 'PRINCESS' when we had to check ours some time back. But we did need that locator number, which our TA provided for us.

As for virtually there, if I am remembering correctly, the password to add was 'PRINCESS' when we had to check ours some time back. But we did need that locator number, which our TA provided for us.

PRINCESS worked for me.

For going to the cruise on airline 1, it did not show seat assignments which Princess made and which the airline's web site shows.

For returning on airline 2, it did show the seat assignments correctly. Princess had made them and I had changed them on one flight via the internet. (On the phone, the airline said that they would have to charge to change seat assignments because Princess made the reservation. The airline's web site did not care and allowed the change.)

Definitely call Lufthansa for seat assignments. BTW-They are a wonderful airline compared to those based in the U.S. we felt.

Only problem is the Lufthansa ground crews are on strike!!! Hope you aren't flying with them through Frankfurt any time soon!!

Only problem is the Lufthansa ground crews are on strike!!! Hope you aren't flying with them through Frankfurt any time soon!!

OH NO, that isn't good news at all. No plans for the present to fly with them again in the near future. Hopefully, by the time we do, all this will be over and done with. But if I have a choice, I will definitely fly with them again.

As Charlie Brown would say, "Aaargh"! Unfortunately on August 24 we will be flying with them and the first leg of the journey is Rome to Frankfurt ! :eek: That's the end of our Mediterranean Mosaic cruise on the Pacific Princess.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll have to monitor the situation.

On the bright side maybe we'll be stuck in Europe, fully covered by travel insurance...:rolleyes: and unable to go back to work on time :) . I could think of worse things ...

Edited UPDATE:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSL132324920080801

FRANKFURT, Aug 1 (Reuters) - German airline Lufthansa AG (LHAG.DE: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) has reached a wage agreement with staff to end a strike that caused hundreds of flight cancellations, both sides said on Friday.

Trade union Verdi said it planned to abandon the strike, which the airline said had so far cost it double-digit millions euros, from early on Saturday.

Lufthansa added it would take two weeks before it returned to normal operations but expected about 90 percent of European flights to be running in the next four days.

(Darn. Now I'll have to go back to work...)

I tried virtuallythere.com but it didnt work for me.:confused: Is there a time frame, such as only works for trips within 90 days?

usually closer to 45 days, in most cases air is not even beginning to be assigned untill after final payment date...(either 75 or 90 days out depending on the sailing)

You can see your booking on Virtuallythere at any time after booking, even if it has not been paid. You need the correct PNR and sometimes there are multiple PNR numbers so you must use the right one. Correct spelling of last name is also required. It is real easy to make a mistake in hearing, writing, typing, or relaying the numbers. Six digits, just like a Princess booking number.

It is usually the Airline (not the CruiseLine) that gives out the seat assigments & you must request from the airline. I tried to get a seat assigned but they said I had to wait until I had paid for it. ;)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I called Princess today and the representative told me to call the airline. I told her that calling Air Canada and speaking with a person will cost $25. She said yes, Air Canada is notorious for charging fees and will often not give out assignments until 14 days out.

I then told her that I was on Cruise Critic and others suggested that I call Princess to get a seat assignment. She said that yes, call us back during the work week and ask to speak with the Air Department. They should be able to work with me to get seat assignments.

I am going to call on Monday and will let ya'll know how it works out.

Thanks,

Marina

Aug 08 European Explorer, Grand Princess

Jun 08 Inside Passage Alaska, Carnival Spirit

Oct 06 Greek Isles, Golden Princess

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I called Princess today and the representative told me to call the airline. I told her that calling Air Canada and speaking with a person will cost $25. She said yes, Air Canada is notorious for charging fees and will often not give out assignments until 14 days out.

I then told her that I was on Cruise Critic and others suggested that I call Princess to get a seat assignment. She said that yes, call us back during the work week and ask to speak with the Air Department. They should be able to work with me to get seat assignments.

I am going to call on Monday and will let ya'll know how it works out.

Thanks,

Marina

Aug 08 European Explorer, Grand Princess

Jun 08 Inside Passage Alaska, Carnival Spirit

Oct 06 Greek Isles, Golden Princess

$25 to call for seat assignments? OMG, I have never heard of anything like this before. That's just plain crazy, shame on Air Canada. :(

unfortunately, where i live i don't have much choice. i am at the mercy of air canada. i'm not as worried this cruise as i am travelling solo so no need to get seats together, but 8 of us went last year and sat in 5 different places on the plane.

Go to your Cruise Personalizer, click on "View my Travel Summary" in rh column. Click on "My Flights". If they have purchased your flights the 6 character reservation code will show up for each flight as "Airline Conf".

The go to your airline's site and use this code to access your flight. Sometimes (as with Delta) you can even enter your frequent flyer number. United won't let you. But both allowed access to the seat reservation system. Princess may or may not have made seat reservations for you, but this way you can keep track in case the airline changes the type of airplane.

Have a good trip!

Go to your Cruise Personalizer, click on "View my Travel Summary" in rh column. Click on "My Flights". If they have purchased your flights the 6 character reservation code will show up for each flight as "Airline Conf".

The go to your airline's site and use this code to access your flight. Sometimes (as with Delta) you can even enter your frequent flyer number. United won't let you. But both allowed access to the seat reservation system. Princess may or may not have made seat reservations for you, but this way you can keep track in case the airline changes the type of airplane.

Have a good trip!

I was able to log on to United and associate my frequent flyer number with the flights scheduled by Pincess, as well as verifying our seat assignments using the airline reservation reference number in our Pincess online travel summary.

OK all, I tried again. This past weekend I called Princess and the service rep said to call back during the week and speak with the Air Department who will be able to assist me.

Just got off the phone with Princess and the rep tried to transfer me to the Air Department and then told me that they do not take outside calls. So the only thing that she was able to do was put in a note that my party wishes to sit together. I was on the phone with them for a total of 20 minutes while being placed on hold many times. The entire call was really dissappointing. I am beginning to wonder if booking the air through Princess was really a deal after all. (Perhaps you do get what you pay for.)

Thanks to all of your suggestions.

Archived