Ruby Princess Sea trials complete.

Colo Cruiser

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (August 5, 2008) - Ruby Princess has completed another major milestone in preparation for her November 8 debut, with the completion of her sea trials. The new ship set out to sea from her construction dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, and was put through her paces with a series of maneuvers to test her propulsion, steering and navigational equipment. After a successful four days of trials, the ship is now back in the shipyard for further exterior and interior finishing. Ruby Princess will be ready for her maiden voyage from Ft. Lauderdale, a seven-day Western Caribbean sailing taking passengers to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Princess Cays.

Ruby Princess is a sister ship to Emerald Princess and Crown Princess, and will feature the same dramatic piazza-style atrium that have become so popular on those ships. Other ship highlights include Princess' signature adults-only retreat called The Sanctuary, an Italian trattoria, a seafood and steak house, a "Movies Under the Stars" giant outdoor movie screen and 900 cabins with private balconies.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (August 5, 2008) - Ruby Princess has completed another major milestone in preparation for her November 8 debut, with the completion of her sea trials. The new ship set out to sea from her construction dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, and was put through her paces with a series of maneuvers to test her propulsion, steering and navigational equipment. After a successful four days of trials, the ship is now back in the shipyard for further exterior and interior finishing. Ruby Princess will be ready for her maiden voyage from Ft. Lauderdale, a seven-day Western Caribbean sailing taking passengers to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Princess Cays.

Ruby Princess is a sister ship to Emerald Princess and Crown Princess, and will feature the same dramatic piazza-style atrium that have become so popular on those ships. Other ship highlights include Princess' signature adults-only retreat called The Sanctuary, an Italian trattoria, a seafood and steak house, a "Movies Under the Stars" giant outdoor movie screen and 900 cabins with private balconies.

So I guess that means you'll be cruising on November 8th. If not, you can always join us on the 22nd.

Pia

I wanna go, I wanna go!

Are there any good seats left up front??:eek: :rolleyes:

Mike;)

Hi,Looking forward to seeing her on December 6th. Take good care of her.

Does that mean you want food too? :eek:

I wanna go, I wanna go!

Are there any good seats left up front??:eek: :rolleyes: Mike;)

Hey Keith, are you getting the impression that all these posters think we are going to leave them any food and/or alcohol after we get done with the Maiden Voyage? ? ? ?:eek: :D

Joe

Colo.....I notice that the report didnt mention the return to the Drydock after the sea trials or the fact that currently the Shipyard is on a 2 week holiday!

There are pictures posted on the 2 threads for the 8th Nov sailing and the 29th Nov sailing as well as a Thread on here started by Caribbean Boy! for those who have not seen them.

Dave.

Hey Keith, are you getting the impression that all these posters think we are going to leave them any food and/or alcohol after we get done with the Maiden Voyage? ? ? ?:eek: :D

Joe

It's OK if you don't leave any alcohol, but for some reason my husband NEEDS the food. Especially bread. I never buy bread. :)

Pia

Archived