$50 Credit on Next Cruise!

Ken076

Found an old one (I had to strip out most of the graphics):

Dear xxxxx,

Welcome home. We hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we enjoyed having you aboard. We'd love to hear about your experience. Please click here and take a few minutes to tell us all about it.

Can't wait 'til your next cruise for that "Fun Ship" feeling? You can: • Keep your profile up-to-date

• Access exclusive Past Guest Specials

• Take home a Carnival Comfort Bed

• Learn more about our Past Guest programs

• Apply for your Carnival Sea Miles MasterCard®

• Post your cruise review on CarnivalConnections

welcome_group_pic.jpgwelcome_exclusive_cruise_of.gif

Carnival has designed an extra special offer exclusively for our valued past guests. Save $50* on your next cruise when you book by 05/10/2007. It's our way of saying thank you for cruising with Carnival. Use your Past Guest Number XXXXXXXXXX to book with your travel agent now. Please remember your travel agent must submit this email on your behalf.

For more information, or to book your cruise today, call:

your travel agent or Carnival at 1-888-CARNIVAL

or visit Carnival.com.

1x1.gif

million_moments_footer2.gif

1x1.gif

*Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Government taxes/fees are additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Receive $50 off per stateroom on a future sailing. Sailing must be booked within 60 days of cruise depart date. Savings is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy guests receive 1/2 the savings amount. Not combinable on restricted ratecodes or Group bookings. Valid on category 4A and higher. Not applicable on 2 day sailings. Full deposit required at time of booking. Restrictions apply. A copy of the original email must be mailed to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami Fl. 33178-2428. Attn: Res Admin. Research Desk, Mail Stop: MSRZ-250S.

Unsubscribe from our mailing list or send a request by mail to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87th Avenue,

Miami, FL. 33178-2428. Attn: Internet Marketing.

View Privacy Policy. ©2006 Carnival Cruise Lines

Just a question...would this credit apply to me? I have 2 B2B cruises booked...

I booked a group cruise (approx. 20 cabins) for our wedding about 4 months ago on the fascination (4 day)...

Then a few weeks ago I booked our honeymoon cruise (1 cabin) on the Miracle (8 day)...

Can I receive this credit?

Just a question...would this credit apply to me? I have 2 B2B cruises booked...

I booked a group cruise (approx. 20 cabins) for our wedding about 4 months ago on the fascination (4 day)...

Then a few weeks ago I booked our honeymoon cruise (1 cabin) on the Miracle (8 day)...

Can I receive this credit?

No you actually have to be returned from the first cruise. A cruise isn't in the books until it's done.

Now if you want you can always call-em up and say look what I did here, how about a little price break there. ;)

Found an old one (I had to strip out most of the graphics):

Dear xxxxx,

Welcome home. We hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we enjoyed having you aboard. We'd love to hear about your experience. Please click here and take a few minutes to tell us all about it.

Can't wait 'til your next cruise for that "Fun Ship" feeling? You can: • Keep your profile up-to-date

• Access exclusive Past Guest Specials

• Take home a Carnival Comfort Bed

• Learn more about our Past Guest programs

• Apply for your Carnival Sea Miles MasterCard®

• Post your cruise review on CarnivalConnections

welcome_group_pic.jpgwelcome_exclusive_cruise_of.gif

Carnival has designed an extra special offer exclusively for our valued past guests. Save $50* on your next cruise when you book by 05/10/2007. It's our way of saying thank you for cruising with Carnival. Use your Past Guest Number XXXXXXXXXX to book with your travel agent now. Please remember your travel agent must submit this email on your behalf.

For more information, or to book your cruise today, call:

your travel agent or Carnival at 1-888-CARNIVAL

or visit Carnival.com.

1x1.gif

million_moments_footer2.gif

1x1.gif

*Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Government taxes/fees are additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Receive $50 off per stateroom on a future sailing. Sailing must be booked within 60 days of cruise depart date. Savings is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy guests receive 1/2 the savings amount. Not combinable on restricted ratecodes or Group bookings. Valid on category 4A and higher. Not applicable on 2 day sailings. Full deposit required at time of booking. Restrictions apply. A copy of the original email must be mailed to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami Fl. 33178-2428. Attn: Res Admin. Research Desk, Mail Stop: MSRZ-250S.

Unsubscribe from our mailing list or send a request by mail to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87th Avenue,

Miami, FL. 33178-2428. Attn: Internet Marketing.

View Privacy Policy. ©2006 Carnival Cruise Lines

Thanks big duck - I did not ever get such an email - and in fact could not have used it as for my upcoming cruises I have booked a 1A as I am going solo - oh well. Will see if I get it after my next cruise! (and will check of the 'send promos' box!)

P.S. What part of Ottawa?

Thanks big duck - I did not ever get such an email - and in fact could not have used it as for my upcoming cruises I have booked a 1A as I am going solo - oh well. Will see if I get it after my next cruise! (and will check of the 'send promos' box!)

P.S. What part of Ottawa?

Not far from where Natalie Golbus is currently playing golf. ;)

Georgiagolfer - For what it's worth, my PVP voluntarily gave us BOTH the $50 credit AND the Military Discount - I don't see anything in the paperwork that excludes Military Discounts. Maybe some arm twisting is in order? ken

Thanks, you just might be right about the "arm twisting.":p

I talked to my PVP last night and wanted to get some clarification on this $50.00 credit. She indicated it has been going on for about eight months and it is for everyone, it is not random, you just need to book within 60 days of your last cruise. They will give it to you with the military discount or the interline rate, and if there is a special that comes along that applies to your cruise they will still give it to you, even after that special has been applied. (and we booked two cabins and got $50.00 off each cabin.)

I received this email, called a booked another cruise but did not get the $50 off. The PVP said to email it. So I emailed it and printed it out and mailed it in and still never received the credit. I eventually gave up.

I was told the PVP has absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact, mine told me NOT to send it to him.

It states specifically on the email (note what was posted earlier) that it has to be MAILED to a certain address.

Since I booked two cruises at the same time within that 60-day window, I simply printed out the email twice, mailed one with a note giving them my Glory booking number. After the credit was applied, I mailed the other copy, along with a note with my Fascination booking number. It took that one about 10 days, but I received an updated invoice showing a price reduction (final payment isn't due until October).

But, as also noted, I did NOT receive one of these emails when I returned from my Glory cruise. My profile does have the box checked to send me promos. This seems to happen to a lot of people though. If they're booked for another cruise, the emails stop coming.

Carnival honors the offer for everyone, even if you didn't receive the e-mail announcement. Both my PVP and a friend's PVP simply deducted the $50 from next cruise's balance over the phone with no forms, without any arm-twisting, and in both our cases, retroactively well after we booked the 2nd cruise (booked w/in the 60 day window).

I'm in agreement that the e-mail offers disappear after you've booked, and all of my check-off boxes are in order.

Having said all that, there seems to be a wide spectrum of "cooperativeness" and "creativity" amongst the PVP's!!!

ken

4cruizers - Perfect summary of the "Welcome Home" discount!!

If you booked a follow-on cruise within 60 days, whether or not you've received a form, contact your TA/PVP, remind them of the Welcome Home program, and ask them to credit $50/stateroom to balance on the follow-on cruise!

The form I saw is distributed by Carnival to Travel Agents to pass to their customers when they return; I'm wondering if Carnival doesn't distribute these to their direct booking customers???

ken

Hmmmmm, i've never heard this one.... I'll have to look into it, thanks!

At least thru Travel Agents, Carnival has a "Welcome Home" program that gives $50 credit on your next booking if you book a cruise within 60 days of your current departure date. ken

Archived