$50 Credit on Next Cruise!

Ken076

At least thru Travel Agents, Carnival has a "Welcome Home" program that gives $50 credit on your next booking if you book a cruise within 60 days of your current departure date. ken

Yes, they have been doing it for awhile. Its just not with TA, I have gotten an email a week or so after the cruise with the $50 offer.

I received one when we returned from the Miracle last December. I applied it to both my Glory and Fascination cruises, so I got $100 worth of value from it.

I didn't receive one after returning from the Glory, though. Probably because I was already booked on another cruise.

You don't always get them. And even if you do, a lot of people can't always book another cruise within the time frame.

At least thru Travel Agents, Carnival has a "Welcome Home" program that gives $50 credit on your next booking if you book a cruise within 60 days of your current departure date. ken

yes. the welcome home letters are random, and are distributed via email.

just so you know though, you do NOT have to use that welcome home letter with your TA. if you decide to book directly w/ ccl (if you get a better price), you can use the letter there.

and, it is $50 per stateroom, so if you need more than one stateroom for your family on a particular ship, you will get the credit for each cabin.

Yep, that's what my PVP told me too, though it must be a fairly recent thing. This is the first year it was offered to us.

It all depends on how on the ball your PVP is.

I have always gotten them, until I came off the Legend in March and actually wanted to book right away again (new PVP). Like the others though I called my PVP and was fixed right up.

It all depends on how on the ball your PVP is.

I have always gotten them, until I came off the Legend in March and actually wanted to book right away again (new PVP). Like the others though I called my PVP and was fixed right up.

I'll have to pursue this further with my pvp then. I've had the same one since 2005, I would have thought he would know his business by now.

Georgiagolfer - For what it's worth, my PVP voluntarily gave us BOTH the $50 credit AND the Military Discount - I don't see anything in the paperwork that excludes Military Discounts. Maybe some arm twisting is in order? ken

I wish my TA's had done it for me. I booked my Imagination cruise right after I got off the Legend in June. Then, I booked my upcoming Sensation 2 weeks after I got off the Imagination. Well, I got good deals for both, so I guess I'll survive.

Question for ya:

We're on the Valor in 25 days (yippee!) and were planning on getting the future credit voucher. Do you think they'll allow you to combine both offers since they're two different things?

Mom2girls - I didn't find about this deal until months after I had booked my second cruise (within the 60 day window) and Carnival willingly, retroactively gave me the credit on my upcomming cruise. I'd call TA/PVP and request the "Welcome Home" credit for at least your upcomming Sensation Cruise. If you haven't paid-off the cruise yet it should reduce the balance by $50, and if you've Paid it off then it should be an OBC. Carnival apparently doesn't offer this to everyone, but will apparently honor it if you ask/pressure for it. BTW - We're on the Sensation Thanksgiving weekend; our neighbors just returned and LOVED it. ken

tamirpr - Seems to me that they are "separate" and should be combinable. To get the $50 credit, you DO have to book the 2nd cruise within 60 days of departure.

I'd check carefully to make sure the future credit is good in addition to any Past Guest or Special discounts/offers available when you book. Once you're eligible for Past Guest offers (only on certain, not all, cruises) these can be pretty substantial, often $$$ discount + several deck upgrades. You CAN apply the $50 credit to Past Guest bookings. ken

Georgiagolfer - For what it's worth, my PVP voluntarily gave us BOTH the $50 credit AND the Military Discount - I don't see anything in the paperwork that excludes Military Discounts. Maybe some arm twisting is in order? ken

You got lucky. It's not that the Welcome Back credit isn't combinable with the Military Discount, its the other way around . . the Military Discount isn't combinable with anything else.

I had a Military Discount on an upcoming cruise and thanks to this thread (thanks, OP) realized I could be eligible for the $50. PVP said no, Military won't combine with anything, but she did find a Past Guest discount that, combined with the $50 lowered my net cost by $24 so she made the switch for me.

Mom2girls - I didn't find about this deal until months after I had booked my second cruise (within the 60 day window) and Carnival willingly, retroactively gave me the credit on my upcomming cruise. I'd call TA/PVP and request the "Welcome Home" credit for at least your upcomming Sensation Cruise. If you haven't paid-off the cruise yet it should reduce the balance by $50, and if you've Paid it off then it should be an OBC. Carnival apparently doesn't offer this to everyone, but will apparently honor it if you ask/pressure for it. BTW - We're on the Sensation Thanksgiving weekend; our neighbors just returned and LOVED it. ken

Thanks, I'll have to call my TA. I hope they are able to do it.

I've heard good things about the Sensation. One of my friends is going on her on September 11th for a 3 day. We're not going until the end of March, so we have a long wait ahead of us.

We used the military discount for a January cruise. In Feb. we booked another cruise using the past guest discount. I just emailed Carnival asking for the credit but since I have a ta do you think there is any hope they will help me? I guess I don't understand why I did not receive the letter. This will be our 7th cruise with Carnival and this is the first time I have heard anything about the program. Thank the Lord for cruise critic. Wish me luck.:)

If you really want to go on another cruise but don't get an e mail I suggest calling Carnival & asking - my PVP told me they do it for everyone after taking a cruise.

Not what I was told - never got such a letter after any of my cruises but had heard about it and asked - was told it was a random marketing promotion - some people get it and others do not! :(

Archived