I hated the warm chocolate melting cake!

crusinpsychRN

ps - not to be a SA, but I think you want your signature to read Inspiration under CCL cruises...
I have them set up from left to right and it seems to be in the right place......Unless I'm missing something......

I just wish they'd offer the West Indies Roasted Pumpkin Soup every night....

Notice when a poll is done on CC about favorite soup what is said ?

Put not for dessert........:cool: :cool:

I LOVE the pumpkin soup too- could eat it every night !

I like the West Indian Roasted Pumpkin soup, but I've had that one a lot.

Some new favorites.

Tom Ka Gai

Cream of Sun-Ripened TomatoesIMG_5225.JPG

IMG_9880.JPG

Is the Sun-Ripened Tomamto more like tomato or a bisque ?????

II was thinking of trying this one on my 4/5 night B2B Destiny cruise at the end of Oct.....

Is the Sun-Ripened Tomamto more like tomato or a bisque ?????

II was thinking of trying this one on my 4/5 night B2B Destiny cruise at the end of Oct.....

My recollection would be TBD, but I only tried a table mate's. I'll have to ask her. I have since discovered she loves tomatoes, but I thought it was very good. What is your definition of bisque?

My recollection would be TBD, but I only tried a table mate's. I'll have to ask her. I have since discovered she loves tomatoes, but I thought it was very good. What is your definition of bisque?
Usually a soup (like a labster bisque) with a little or more than a little hint of butter and heavy or whipped cream added. And a little on the thicker side but not to thick .......Creamy would be the word.......;)

Usually a soup (like a labster bisque) with a little or more than a little hint of butter and heavy or whipped cream added. And a little on the thicker side but not to thick .......Creamy would be the word.......;)

I will bet serious cash that there is no labster in the tomato soup. Sorry.

Often Carnival's soups can be too thin unless I am ordering a consomme. . To me, this was just right.

I will defer my answer until after you try? Don't want to influence your decision/judgment, don't ya know! ;)

I will bet serious cash that there is no labster in the tomato soup. Sorry.

Often Carnival's soups can be too thin unless I am ordering a consomme. . To me, this was just right.

I will defer my answer until after you try? Don't want to influence your decision/judgment, don't ya know! ;)

Didn't mean there was lobster in it just the texture of the soup. Believe it or not the pumpkin is texture wise a bisque like soup. Whipping cream added at the end.....

I have the recipe by the way for about 12 servings of the pumpkin or two days worth for me.....Yummmmmmm

Cream of Sun-Ripened Tomato Soup.

Ya think it might have some cream? And a taste of gin?

The pumpkin soup does have a touch of cream.

Hmmmmm...that could work.....Caught the cream in the name of the soup. Taste of Gin....Might be better with vodka and a couple of spicey green beans in it.....Couple olives, a lemon and lime and OH no....It's cream of Bloody Mary soup........:D

Breakfast of champions......

Taking the spicey beans with me on the Destiny for my Bloodys in the AM....... ;)

DH and I took our first cruise in April and we ordered the melting cake several times. I don't it came out the same twice. Some nights it was like hot hershey's syrup, which was disgusting, some nights it was like fudge, which was AWESOME.

In short, it was hit or miss.

DH ordered it every night, ranged from well-done to just gooey; he didn't care...lapped it up:eek:

cream brulee was very good, just wonder why it's so difficult to find a decent piece of cheesecake on any vacation centered outside of the northeast:confused:

DH ordered it every night, ranged from well-done to just gooey; he didn't care...lapped it up:eek:

cream brulee was very good, just wonder why it's so difficult to find a decent piece of cheesecake on any vacation centered outside of the northeast:confused:

Did not really like it goey as well as a little firmer...every other night.The cheesecake or any other food it's what you are used to that is best.

Did not really like it goey as well as a little firmer...every other night.The cheesecake or any other food it's what you are used to that is best.

i suppose, perhaps a regional preference...i expect a more firm product as opposed to what im finding served that reminds me of that jello no-bake stuff in a box:rolleyes:

I ordered it twice on our cruise just to make sure it wasn't a fluke the first time, but I wasn't real fond of it. to me it didn't have a thick enough "cake" to it. Both times the top layer was less than 1/4 inch thick. While i liked the richness of it, it was a little overbearing when it's 90% liquid. WOuld have liked a more 50-50 cake to liquid mix. probably more like a chocolate lava cake is.

DH and I went on first cruise in Sept and I had read up on CC and told every single tablemate the first night how great the chocolate melting cake was based upon everything I read. Well to my surprise everyone that ordered it at my table HATED it! Boy did I feel dumb!

Archived