I hated the warm chocolate melting cake!

crusinpsychRN

I really can't recall the taste, but DH loves it! On our last cruise he had it every night. :rolleyes: I think I did taste it a time or two but was not crazy about it. Someone even gave him the recipe, he brought it home so that I can make it.

I did not really care for it either..I could pour it over the ice cream..I was expecting a very moist cake with a gooey filling...So it was just meh for me..:)

But the tierramisu...DIVINE..

Kelly

Now see Tiramisu I just don't care for .

All a matter of taste, everyone has their favorites :)

The desert isn't for me either. I have never been a big chocolate person, chocolate cake would have been fine but I don't like the melted chocolate portion of it. I don't eat hot fudge or chocolate on ice cream either. To each his own. I did like the creme brulee but can only eat about half of it as the topping begins to get a little too sweet for me. I however also just like good ole ice cream. I actually liked the baked alaska for those in the other thread that didn't really care for it.

Now see Tiramisu I just don't care for .

All a matter of taste, everyone has their favorites :)

totally agree with you, we all have different tastes and favorites, the tiramisu I am not crazy about it either, Hubby likes it.

WCMC was always a topic of discussion at our table....my soon to be SIL would order it....and get chocolate soup....anyone else ordered it and it was cooked perfectly. It definitely is gross if it's not cooked right!

Even though I did like the WCMC, add me to the "Creme Brulee Every Night" campaign!

I loved the warm chocolate melting cake. It is very rich. I also had a chocolate/walnut cake the last night and it was delicious but not as rich as the melting cake. I can't remember what it was called............:rolleyes:

DH and I took our first cruise in April and we ordered the melting cake several times. I don't it came out the same twice. Some nights it was like hot hershey's syrup, which was disgusting, some nights it was like fudge, which was AWESOME.

In short, it was hit or miss.

How true---when it was good, it was awesome, undercooked-yuk.

my hubby didn't care for the chocolate melting cake, either. son had it every night. i found it to be inconsistent from night to night in regards to sweetness & texture. i did like it, but tried other desserts as well.

I actually ordered it twice on our last cruise. The first time I didn't like it at all

It was rich and syruppy. I decided to try it again since I didn't like the other desserts offered. It was much better but it is rich and I could only eat half. How it is cooked makes a big difference.

We like it so much that we actually had to find a recipe for it when we got home. :)

It's true though - if I had it cooked twice the same the entire week, there was something wrong! I ate it anyways, as when else are you going to be able to enjoy it like that? My sister added in the hot chocolate with whipped cream after the second night, and we were write-offs for the rest of the week.

I'm not a big girl at all - but the looks I get at the table from the waiters when I pack food away... :eek:

I just got off the Inspiration and I know this will shock just about everyone. I thought the warm chocolate melting cake was HORRIBLE! Like drinking unsweet hershey's straight from the bottle. I can't believe so many people love it! So far I've never heard a bad word about it, but there you go! YUCK! My son had it every night!

I felt the same way. I just wasn't brave enough to say it out loud on these boards, but now that you have, I feel free to agree.

My husband ordered the Melting Cake a couple of evenings. He offered me a sampling of the dessert on the first night. I didn't care for it. Definitely not what I expected.

I keep saying it, but I'll stick with the Spa Carnival Coconut and Orange Cakes :) .

Oh my goodness.

I can not believe that anyone would not like this desert, but that`s ok, I can not stand pineapple and everyone I know loves pineapple.

That`s what makes the world go around, different strokes for different folks.:D

I just got off the Inspiration and I know this will shock just about everyone. I thought the warm chocolate melting cake was HORRIBLE! Like drinking unsweet hershey's straight from the bottle. I can't believe so many people love it! So far I've never heard a bad word about it, but there you go! YUCK! My son had it every night!

I agree with you! I thought it was aweful! Tried it on two cruises... and I dont get it LOL!

Now.. .Creme Brulee'... now we are talking!.. omg!!!!!

This one comes up evry once in a while and there have been others like myself that pretty much share your opinion. More power to those that like it but just not my cup of tea.

Clearly you're insane.

LOL!

Just got off the Pride yesterday. OMG, we all LOVED the chocolate melting cake. It was so rich, though, I needed to have something to drink with it. My 15 y/o DD would always order plain vanilla ice cream, then I'd take a few spoonfuls of my melting cake and put it on top of her ice cream.

I thought that most of the other desserts were very plain (and some downright gross!). I got a chocolate mousse pie one night at the buffet, and it was like chocolate jello! eewwwww. My 13 y/o DS loved the creme brulee although I thought the crispy flamed top tasted too burnt.

I just got off the Liberty and I had the chocolate melting cake almost every evening. I guess you need to love chocolate. My grandson said, "It's like chocolate soup!" He also had it almost every night. However, my daughter complained that it was way too sweet. To each his own.

WELL, it's obvious one of you needs to get your head examined, lol.:)

Archived