How much wardrobe for 14 days??

laidbackin LA

On the upcoming cruise to Asia (see below) I wonder how much we two need.

For shirts, I don't want to send them to the ships laundry (can't trust them with knits). I could wear a shirt twice if those two days were a week apart. I believe that a shirt hanging in a wooden closet will disinfect. Could send eight sets of undies apiece to the laundry. Any comments?

I'd like to make the trip for us two with just two suitcases and a carryon rollbag.

Spray your shirts with fabreeze or some other product like it and you can easily get more then one day from any article of clothes, sans spilling something on it. Also are you aware there are self serve laundromats on Azamara that take quarters so you could do your undies and other unmentionables yourself

i always take 1 bag, pack for 8-10 days only and send out laundry even when we were ona ship for 4 weeks

on Az they have washing machines so you can wash golf shiirts, boxers, sox etc

i sent shirts and pants to the laundry and they did a good job

actually i think i should pack for only 1 week

does it really matter if i wear the same clean shirt 4 times?

i always take 1 bag, pack for 8-10 days only and send out laundry even when we were ona ship for 4 weeks

on Az they have washing machines so you can wash golf shiirts, boxers, sox etc

i sent shirts and pants to the laundry and they did a good job

actually i think i should pack for only 1 week

does it really matter if i wear the same clean shirt 4 times?

Im with you..I am going for a month in December..I am ONLY going to take one bag..I am determined to cut back!! LOL

Jancruz1

Buy new shirts in Asia. They are so cheap, cheaper than having them laundered. You can even get custom clothes tailored for a fraction of new stuff off the racks here in the US. Vietnam is a good place for clothes, followed by Thailand. I'm going to Thailand and Cambodia in Nov. (Star Clipper cruise in Thailand) and I plan to take old worn out clothes, wear them until they are smelly, buy new clothes and throw the old stuff away. It's easy to do this in asia if you shop at the markets.

• 3 weeks later...
i also find the combination of sea air and the wardrobes shrinks me waistbands espically in the 2nd week is this a common problem :) :)

I have noticed the same thing - and no matter what line I am on. There must be some sort of chemical/physics reaction going on.

It must be a combination of the sea air, Purell, pillow chocolates, equal sweetner, the ink used to print the shore excursion tickets and the daily schedule leeching through my fingers, and quite possibly all the bread and butter I eat. :)

First rule of the frequent traveler: Put out everything you want to wear on your trip and then remove at least 1/2 of it and pack the rest.

Would you believe hat no one even notices or cares what you wear.

Second rule: it must fit in a reasonable size suitcase plus one carry-on.:D

First rule of the frequent traveler: Put out everything you want to wear on your trip and then remove at least 1/2 of it and pack the rest.

Would you believe hat no one even notices or cares what you wear.

Second rule: it must fit in a reasonable size suitcase plus one carry-on.:D

I think you hit the nail on the head. NO ONE cares what you wear. I am sure I have been on many cruises where people where clothes over and over again and I have never once noticed.

I take mix-and-match outfits, and I don't give too much thought about being a clothes horse. I don't like dragging luggage, even from my house to my car and from my car to the airline checkin gate...

I wouldn't mind being a clothes horse, as long as I actually had a horse and cart to follow me around carrying my numerous trunks and wardrobes. But in the meantime, I pack rather lightly. ;)

Ha, ha. Everytime we go on a trip, my DH asks me what he should pack. I say, don't ask me, men's clothes are so boring! Nobody cares which random shirt you are wearing. And I sure don't registar what other people are wearing. If I even look at others, it's their hair (gross?) or their teeth (see a dentist!).

We just did a 10 day car trip out west and it was a perfect run-through for the 20 day cruise/shore stay we will be doing on the Journey come December. It worked out perfectly (And we were in a Mini Clubman, so one big suitcase, one medium suitcase and the cooler of course fit just perfect w/o putting the seats down). So now we know how long we can go before laundry time...my wife doe's not travel light. So it's laundromat on the boat, or laundromat in Cabo...but we can make it 10 days easily with clean stuff EVERY DAY! In Europe we usually have the option of staying with friends every few days and using their facilities, but this will be a bit different (I haven't been in a laundromat since college).

DD (18) and I mom (45) each had one carryon and one addtional piece for the 2 of us to share. 3 pieces total.

Slinky knit skirts, tees. pullover sweaters Undies to me, are the least of your worries. They are small, and can be washed in the self service laundry.

Neutral colors, mix and match.

Archived