Attention Oosterdam Fans!

heavenly

I'm very happy for the Oosterdam lovers out there, what wonderful news. But I'll be very sad to see the Ryndam depart from the Sea of Cortez itinerary. We were on her last April and I fell in love her. She's just the right size and the crew was wonderful. I guess I'll just have to book the Oosterdam (maybe Yummers III?:D ) and enjoy the 7day cruise!

Susan

Susan,

Are you saying that HAL will no longer offer the 10-day itinerary, only 7 days on the Oosterdam?

Roz

It is my understanding that HAL will still continue the 10 Day Sea of Cortez but I think it is possible that they will do some swapping of itineraries with another ship:D

Will the Oosterdam still be cruising the Mediterranean in August of 2009? We sailed with her last year on the Mexican cruise and would love to sail her on our 30th anniversary cruise.

Absolutely!:D

She is still scheduled to travel to Europe for a "Rear End Lift".....;) :D

I'm really glad for everyone that loves the Oosterdam that she is coming back but I'm sad as I love the Ryndam and those Sea of Cortez cruises. So I'm with Vic The Parrot whats going to happen on that, wineing!

I don't remember for sure but isn't the Statendam going to do some of those Sea of Cortez cruises? I thought with Oosterdam leaving the Ryndam and Statendam were doing Mexico so my guess is Statendam will remain here???? Maybe I should go look...

Nobby

I don't remember for sure but isn't the Statendam going to do some of those Sea of Cortez cruises? I thought with Oosterdam leaving the Ryndam and Statendam were doing Mexico so my guess is Statendam will remain here???? Maybe I should go look...

Nobby

As of right now at least, Statendam is scheduled for Panama Canal (full transit) cruises in the Spring and Fall of 2009 plus Alaska and some Pacific coastal cruises in between

As of right now at least, Statendam is scheduled for Panama Canal (full transit) cruises in the Spring and Fall of 2009 plus Alaska and some Pacific coastal cruises in between

Thanks John... I must be going senile in my old age! :D I thought when I heard Oosterdam wasn't going to be there I was searching cruises and Statendam was coming up for Mexico... well I wasn't dreaming... I just went to HAL's site and yes it is doing Mexico in 2010... It is doing 7, 9 and 12 day Mexico cruises in 2010...

Nobby

Statendam is a suitable replacement. Think I'll look into those Sea of Cortez sailings for 2010. ;)

The 9 day ones look interesting. They also go to PV, Mazatlan and a couple of the Sea of Cortez ports and the 12 day Mexico ones look good going to Acapulco. Also when Oosterdam wasn't going to come back Ryndam and Statendam were doing many of the 7 day cruises but my guess is the Statendam schedule will change some since Oosterdam is coming back.

Nobby

I just had lunch with our HAL Business Develpment Manager (Sales Rep) and he had some news for me... The ms Oosterdam will head into dry dock as planned BUT she will not continue on to South America after her European tour, she will return to the San Diego for her 7 day Mexican Riviera sailings! :D :D :D

Ryndam will be pulled from the Mexico market but Oosterdam will return, I can live with that!:)

What does this do to our January, 2010 South America/Antarctica cruise aboard the Oosterdam? The "O" was scheduled to replace the Amsterdam on that cruise.

Archived